What did you do with your tractor today?

Sorry, mo pics! But I played 'musical' trailers today. Since the 5 X 12 is finished, I needed to get it out back (more for safety). I wanted the little 4 X 8 up front to get it ready to sell. Went to move the 4 X 8 out and found red wasps had a nest next to the trailer hitch. Got stung. So a trip to TSC for some wasp spray. Am hour later, I got it moved out. Moved the tandem axle out also as I wanted to mow and it needed moved over some. Got the mowing done, brought the 4 X 8 up front. Changed the hitch on the 316 for a 2" ball and moved the tandem back in. Took the 5 X 12 back and parked it. Got the 4 X 8 out front and cut the 1-7/8" hitch off it. Going to 2", fix a few things, paint and sell it.

I won't be able to mow next Monday as we will be In Arvada, CO visiting my older sisters. Hopefully two weeks won't get outa control this late in the summer!

DAC

Can somebody do Dougs grass next Mowing Monday, so we can keep the Mowing Monday series going. Is there a member close by to fill in, and give us an update. Thanks for your help.

Noel

Well Noel, there's no members within at least 350 miles! We are kind of isolated out here, but city type people keep moving here! Wish they would go somewhere else! You will make it without my little soap opera for two weeks---LOL!

DAC

I got my favorite green tractor and deforested my back yard yesterday. Got too many oak trees. It had been over a month since the last time I mowed as we haven't been getting any rain except for the last week or so but the acorns were sprouting profusely.

DSC_0335.JPG

The "Mowing Monday" series continues again. It had been two weeks but it's dry enough that the grass wasn't bad. The dust was another story. That was pretty bad. I did our acre, and a half acre of the neighbor lady's yard. There was an area of her front yard approx 150' by 25' that had 2-3 foot tall grass. I got an early enough start that I got that area cut too, along with the drainage ditch out in front of both our places. Tractor started bogging down with a plugged air filter. Took a quick break to replace that and finished up. Also did about half of the trimming but it was so hot I gave it up for today. Unless we start getting rain, every other week will be enough to keep up with the grass.

DAC

The "Mowing Monday" series continues again. It had been two weeks but it's dry enough that the grass wasn't bad. The dust was another story.

DAC
Haven't seen dust in several weeks here. Rains have grass still growing like Springtime! Mow every 4 to 5 days, but needs it every 3!

Have not mowed here for a long time. And I’d say be another week or two yet. Grass is brown. But strangely the weeds are green.

Noel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 1
Have not mowed here in over a week. could level it off but not going to waste my time, wear and tear on equipment, etc. till we get a good rain and the grass grows.

Must have a small lawn, or your own water supply or both. Bad enough I have to water a few garden plants let alone the lawn.

Back