What did you do with your tractor today?

After I got totally aggravated & quit trying to get a ceiling fan together over my head with trifocals headed out to the garage where the 1862 was parked. Check tire pressure, greased the deck and front spindals of the tractor. Oil was just below the full mark and looked like fresh oil. Blades were in real good condition and looked like the high lift blades. Fired it up headed down around the lower buildings where I knew it could use a hair cut. Deck height was set about where we usually mow. Does a real nice job with no strips left when turning either direction. Mowed about an hour, long enough to know I love this unit with the power steering. Traction going up a fairly steep incline was no problem. Unit is heavy enough it just walked right up. Guess I will be getting my other mowing machine cleaned up good and listed for sale. Not the best time of year to sell lawn mowers but I have plenty of room to carry it over. Not about to give it away.

I had the axle milled down to make room for thrust bearings and 2 washers on each side. Made a big difference on ease of steering but not like the PS. With bad shoulders after a couple hours mowing my shoulder was hurting. No more of that stuff.

Took the Simplicity 3415H out to haul some garden debris to the composite bins. I got my Dads little Sears LTS 1500 out and cut a little grass. I don’t use it much just enough to keep it active. It’s small but drives like a sports car, turns on a dime, cuts good, runs smooth, it steers like it’s got power steering. My dad only had about an acre of flat ground and loved it.

By the way my post above is compost bins not composite bins lol. I just got done cutting almost two acres of grass with the Cub LT1050. I’m taking a liking to it if I could only get it to start easier. It rides well, steers effortlessly, and you wouldn’t think a 50” deck is that much faster than a 48” but it’s about a half hour faster for the yard area. I had a little snack of a leftover bacon, egg, and biscuit sandwich from this morning. This way the box of tin can rest before the next field grass area that’s a little over an acre of flat ground.
DC69EADE-2797-42B4-953D-752D442189AE.jpeg

X570 cut grass today. I'm not a huge fan of the power steering. Dad's x590 is twitchy. Certainly takes some getting used to. You can steer it with your pinky finger but my 5 year old daughter drives my x570 without any issue and she is a tiny thing.

I might have needed a brush hog. Between preschool routine for youngest, homework for the other 2, dance classes for the girls, and my wife working pretty much every day because of staffing shortages (not due to covid directly, nurses are leaving to another local hospital) and everything else...seat time has been limited.

Used the MF1450 for some actual work the first time today. My wife needed a couple of big but junk flower pots emptied so I put the 1-7/8 ball on and used the yard cart to pick up the dirt and haul the pots to a "dump run" pile.
IMG_0568.JPG

Went and filled the gas cans, then the 2 red ones worked together as a team after that. Fired up the MF12G and started mowing. It had been about a month so even though it's really dry and dusty, There were areas that needed it pretty badly.
Got some mowing done in front of the trailer and used the 1450 to move it after swapping to the 2" ball. That changeable ball setup is pretty slick!
IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0572.JPG

Got done mowing, put the trailer back in its spot then parked in front of the shop to blow the clippings and dust off me and the 12G, and got a couple more pics.
DSCN3708.JPG DSCN3709.JPG DSCN3710.JPG

In the last 2 pics the dozer blade and headlights can be seen on the MF8E. I'm sure it's mad that I didn't have it out for some of this fun today! Hopefully soon I'll have all 3 out for a washing. Both of the red ones ran great and did what I needed them for on this 90 degree day. 1450 has a couple of issues that I will mention in the MF 1450 thread.

DAC

Walked by and flipped the seat up. took a pix of the new seat hinge I had rebuilt over the weekend.

Debating on a canvas windbreaker for the snow moving season. Got to plan now before it drops too cold. By the weekend lows will be 37F. Near frost conditions. Not happy about that.

Arnold makes a Universal Deluxe Cab for walk behind snow throwers. I've seen a few people with SCUT tractors with them. The good thing is, the SCUTs have a ROPs to attach onto and simple enough to place a rear panel. For either a SCUT or CUT machine, the enclosure is rather large and useful. The non-deluxe is not big enough. This goes for $99 on-sale at Menards.
1632186295338.png

This one goes for $600 or more ! And no back panel either.
1632186489138.png

I got three out today to pressure wash for some winter time maintenance in the shop. I messed up the other day and bought Gunk foamy degreaser only to find out it’s not for grease just basically road dirt. I went back this morning and bought a couple bottles of the original stuff. They don’t have the Gunk concentrated any more.
D58DE78E-31BA-4973-854B-215EED057FE1.jpeg12830A5C-BC95-4331-AEAE-C6E687A06660.jpeg1F90C892-EA7E-405F-BACF-13D299F1F921.jpeg

Back