What did you do with your tractor today?

Mowed for the 3rd time this year. The bugs are out now. ugh. Other than too hot, I can't stand all 'em flying bugs. This year its seldom to find those dang horse flies. I'm very happy about it.

After mowing took the alternator off. It's totally dead and fried since last year. I'm not paying over $70 for one. O-Reilies has one for $64 and no shipping charges like the others. Only 1 in the entire northern part of the state out of 79 stores! Its a match to a Datsun 1200 4-dr sedan from 71 to 73. Hitachi LT115-52. All the Ag stores and online want over $111.

Last edited:
Looked at the one that I modified the frame on yesterday and am contemplating whether the rest of the machine is worth the engine that I have here for it.
I have another, am in the same boat with, not a twin cyl version but otherwise very much the same tractor as this one,
as I remember that tractor as a whole is in better shape than this one. Have to go out to the barn and check that one out a little closer.

A couple of the tractors got babysitting duty today.
We had the great granddaughters today. I had just finished up on the E12s Elec-Trak and the E14 was between it and the door, so I got both out for the girls to get rides on. The 2yr. old didn't want to drive but the 4yr. old did. In the low-low setting she did a whopping 0.8 mph. Happy and bragging to Granny that she could drive grandpa's quiet tractor. We later hooked the sulky to the J.D. 110 and rode to the village office for a candy handout from the clerks.

Attachments

• 20220803_104540.jpg
    20220803_104540.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220803_104559.jpg
    20220803_104559.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220803_104610.jpg
    20220803_104610.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220803_113937.jpg
    20220803_113937.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220803_114006.jpg
    20220803_114006.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 13
Got the purple Sears and back blade out, heavy rains and clogged drains washed the drive out again. I pulled some gravel back up, but really need to rip it apart and grade it all. I may put the big box blade with ripper teeth on the FF24 and try it. Problem is, it won't pull/grade going up the grade without spinning badly.

Got the purple Sears and back blade out, heavy rains and clogged drains washed the drive out again. I pulled some gravel back up, but really need to rip it apart and grade it all. I may put the big box blade with ripper teeth on the FF24 and try it. Problem is, it won't pull/grade going up the grade without spinning badly.
Marty did you ever get your hood painted and mounted on the Purple Sears.

Got some seat time on the MF12G and the MF1450 today. Got the mowing done, except where the "Heep" was sitting in the back yard. Got the 1450 fired up to haul the battery and a few tools out to it. Just bungee corded them to the drag on the 3 point.
Put the battery in the Heep, got in to start it and wasps started buzzing me! I bailed out and jumped on the MF1450 to go to the shop and get some wasp spray. Fortunately, I got them before they got me! Not a big nest, but it was still under construction!
DSCN4450.JPG DSCN4451.JPG DSCN4452.JPG DSCN4453.JPG

Then I let the tractors rest in the shade for a few minutes while I moved the Heep out by the shop where an air hose could reach to inflate the tires. I'll leave it sit in the gravel for awhile. One of these days I'm going to put a crank position sensor in it to see if that fixes the stalling issue.

When I was mowing the taller grass where the Heep was sitting there was a thump in the cutting deck. there was a dead rabbit in that taller grass and the mower hit it. Didn't take morbid pics of that---LOL! It was dead before I hit it!

DSCN4454.JPG DSCN4455.JPG DSCN4456.JPG

DAC

Last edited:
Got some seat time on the MF12G and the MF1450 today. Got the mowing done, except where the "Heep" was sitting in the back yard. Got the 1450 fired up to haul the battery and a few tools out to it. Just bungee corded them to the drag on the 3 point.
Put the battery in the Heep, got in to start it and wasps started buzzing me! I bailed out and jumped on the MF1450 to go to the shop and get some wasp spray. Fortunately, I got them before they got me! Not a big nest, but it was still under construction!
View attachment 57311 View attachment 57312 View attachment 57313 View attachment 57314

Then I let the tractors rest in the shade for a few minutes while I moved the Heep out by the shop where an air hose could reach to inflate the tires. I'll leave it sit in the gravel for awhile. One of these days I'm going to put a crank position sensor in it to see if that fixes the stalling issue.

When I was mowing the taller grass where the Heep was sitting there was a thump in the cutting deck. there was a dead rabbit in that taller grass and the mower hit it. Didn't take morbid pics of that---LOL! It was dead before I hit it!

View attachment 57315 View attachment 57316 View attachment 57317

DAC

Mowing Monday stories. There great. Thanks Doug.
I had my 1971 MF 7 out yesterday mowing. Does a great job.

Noel

View attachment 57311 View attachment 57312 View attachment 57313 View attachment 57314

View attachment 57315 View attachment 57316 View attachment 57317

DAC
Hope the wasp spray didn't ruin the vehicle pain. I've been using Liquid Wrench as its cheaper and kills them just as fast. Since its oil based, the insect suffocate to death quickly. Even black hornets are no match.

Got the Satoh UT w/ loader out this morning. First time out in over 3 weeks due to the heat. Hauled 5 pails full of cucumbers from the basement around to the back of the van. Got a bucket full of trash piled in and on the loader bucket. This morning it went down to the burn ring. Carolyn usually takes a bag down when she goes down to do the goat chores. This time I hauloed it around through the CRP and lowered the bucket over the fence about 3' from the burn ring. Beat dragging it a coupe hundred feet.

Last edited:
Hope the wasp spray didn't ruin the vehicle pain. I've been using Liquid Wrench as its cheaper and kills them just as fast. Since its oil based, the insect suffocate to death quickly. Even black hornets are no match.
I use soapy water in a spray bottle with instant results. You can’t get any cheaper than that.
Wasp spray is 3 bucks a can and can shoot a 20 foot stream so I can accurately hit the nests up in the roof overhang of my shop. Won't do that with a spray bottle. No paint damage or staining on any surfaces. Just a dusty residue that wipes off after dry. I don't want to mess with cleaning up oily residue. A guy at work uses the penetrating oil cans for wasp killer and it leaves a oily mess he won't clean up. We do have wasp spray there but he won't use it. The wasp spray just brushes off after dry.

DAC

Wasp spray is 3 bucks a can and can shoot a 20 foot stream so I can accurately hit the nests up in the roof overhang of my shop. Won't do that with a spray bottle. No paint damage or staining on any surfaces. Just a dusty residue that wipes off after dry. I don't want to mess with cleaning up oily residue. A guy at work uses the penetrating oil cans for wasp killer and it leaves a oily mess he won't clean up. We do have wasp spray there but he won't use it. The wasp spray just brushes off after dry.

DAC
Yeah the soapy spray bottle I use is just for the low level targets. I always had a can of Hot Shot in my work truck before I retired. You could stand on the ground and knock ‘em out at least 20 or more feet away. I still buy it in case I need it.

We always had crc wasp and hornet killer. Stuff shoots 20+ feet and knocks em down. Although those black wasps are tough and they will still fly and try to get you for a little bit after being hit. They are pretty wobbly and ineffective though.

I hold a great hatred for those things! Feels more like being stabbed than being stung

Back