What did you do with your tractor today?

Havent decided what we are going to do with our tomatoes yet, other than a bunch of strewed tomatoes. Have tried juice and paste and neither of them turned out very good. Don't use much of that any way. Might try some tomato paste to use with spaghetti. Will eat a bunch fresh and give a bunch away guess. Tomatoes on pizza does not sound good at all and I bet it looks much worse in my book. And don't even mention tomato soup. Always have the 5 goats that are hungry for anything anytime.

Havent decided what we are going to do with our tomatoes yet, other than a bunch of strewed tomatoes. Have tried juice and paste and neither of them turned out very good. Don't use much of that any way. Might try some tomato paste to use with spaghetti. Will eat a bunch fresh and give a bunch away guess. Tomatoes on pizza does not sound good at all and I bet it looks much worse in my book. And don't even mention tomato soup. Always have the 5 goats that are hungry for anything anytime.
Carol cans most of hers crushed then you can do what you want with them. She also makes spaghetti sauce a lot. Do you like fried green tomatoes if so can them sliced green in layers.

Why so many, do you have a large family or community garden
DW is Italian. It's a culture way of life. Italian's like having large families. I should of known better when we were young and dating being introduced to so many family members and many even went to the same high school she did.

Our hands look like prunes and stained dark deep red.

I spent the last 3 hours harvesting the onions. By the weekend, it's Cowboy Candy time. Peppers are abundant too.
Hands will be sore by then with the cracks and the hot peppers. What a time.

DW is Italian. It's a culture way of life. Italian's like having large families. I should of known better when we were young and dating being introduced to so many family members and many even went to the same high school she did.

I spent the last 3 hours harvesting the onions. By the weekend, it's Cowboy Candy time. Peppers are abundant too.
Carol started making that Cowboy Candy about 4 years ago. That’s a big hit in our family, everyone that eats it wants a jar. Happy gardening Bret !

Some people go looking for punishment. I try to stay far away if at all possible. Same goes for those Hot Peppers. Sounds like someone could use a bottle of Corn Huskers Lotion? ;)

cut grass! The first dry summer grass all year. I put the deck on 3 and just let it eat. This year I’ve really not enjoyed cutting grass. Usually I love my weekly seat time. Not this year. Honestly I’ve felt like I’ve enjoyed everything a lot less this year. Not sure why.

A lot of rain this summer. It seems like every time I’ve cut this year it’s been like an early spring kind of a cutting.

jhn9840
John

Got rain last night for the first time in 3 weeks.

Back to the topic, I finally got a Round-2-It moment and ordered an alternator for the tractor. Going on a year without one. LOL

What fits a 1981 Yanmar? A 1973 Datusn 1200, 1.2L turbo 4dr sedan 35A alternator and VR. :)
Tractor places want $139 on up plus shipping. Out of pure curiosity, I poked around some of the automotive box chain stores. Surprise surprise, as Gomer Pile would say, And has a warranty! :) SCORE !

1661032634887.png

Guy coming Monday to replace the engine in the Polaris Ranger. Backed the van and my pickup out, pulled the Ranger out and parked it in the upper part of the drive. Left room to get in the garage bay to chain the big work bench to the bucket to move to the double bay for working on the Ranger. The pushed the Ranger into the big open bay to have plenty of room to work on it. Sotah went back in the machine shed, work is done.

Spent 9 hours of seat time today. mostly mowing. Other times moving hay wagons around.

Whilst mowing, I did it again, busted another fender light. ugh. Back to Menards to fetch another one. I break 1 or 2 every season!

View attachment 57615
I’m hard on trailer lights too. I have a pair of metal frames I fabricated to surround the rectangular style light on my utility trailer. It was one of those projects about half way through you realize you should have just bought them.

I
I thought you were gonna be doing that?
I was. Started it in March then weather turned cold & wet. The took a fall which put me out of commission for over a month healing. Back issues got worse and cannot do the bending, etc. any more. Wear a suport belt most of the time. My days of doing that kind of work is over. Took a couple months to find a guy that I felt comfortable doing the work. Now hopefully it will get done.
I’m hard on trailer lights too. I have a pair of metal frames I fabricated to surround the rectangular style light on my utility trailer. It was one of those projects about half way through you realize you should have just bought them.

My trailer lights are all LED and flush mount in rubber. Had this trailer for about 5 years now and after initial replacement no light issues. Some trailers are not adaptable to the flush mount though. I was always breaking tail lights that hung off to the side or bottom.

Back