What did you do with your tractor today?

Pumpkin harvesting day today. The used the loader with the tooth plate on the bucket to clear all the vines. Have the area where the tomatoes and other plants are/were to clear yet.

View attachment 86786 View attachment 86787

View attachment 86788 View attachment 86789

Gave away 2 pails full of the small pumpkins last week. Used 3 pails full for the bushel basket and around the mailbox post. Also picked a pail and half of the small gourds the other day. Only had one hill that came up on them. 2 hills of each of the pumpkins. Most of the big pumpkins will go to the neighbors' kids and grandkids. Daughter is getting ready to move to don't want any. Normally don't want any either.
We had about 15 pumpkins this year gave several away already. I like those ornamental gourds like you got in the wash tub. Next year I’m running a water line out to the other garden and I’m planting a lot of pumpkins and gourds. Between Carol and our two girls they spend a lot for fall decor. I like the double wash tubs.

Carolyn has 3 of those double tubs. I cut treated 2x6 in 6.5" blocks. Drill a 1 1/4" hole park way through to put under each leg. Keeps the rollers and leg out of the dirt and rusting. Only got a pail and half of the gourds. Hope for more next year. Got rid of two pails of the pumpkins at the bank this morning. The 3 girls each took about a dozen and the manager took what was left. I can roll those big pumpkins but don't try to lift them. Some of them can make you have blind babies.

Pumpkin harvesting day today. The used the loader with the tooth plate on the bucket to clear all the vines. Have the area where the tomatoes and other plants are/were to clear yet.

View attachment 86786 View attachment 86787

View attachment 86788 View attachment 86789

Gave away 2 pails full of the small pumpkins last week. Used 3 pails full for the bushel basket and around the mailbox post. Also picked a pail and half of the small gourds the other day. Only had one hill that came up on them. 2 hills of each of the pumpkins. Most of the big pumpkins will go to the neighbors' kids and grandkids. Daughter is getting ready to move to don't want any. Normally don't want any either.
Loree would love some kind of display like that for fall, Roger! Problem is I don't know how to grow anything but weeds---LOL! Can't get up off the ground if went into a garden to pull weeds. We did have a garden back in the early 80's but just got too busy with work and kids so lost interest in working it. Have some cool junk we could put them in and around at least! Nice sign too.

DAC

I need to mow one more time and the leaves are starting to fall. Problem is I have locator paint and flags all over the yard to dig in a new waterline. I can't let the contractor go for it yet until the bank releases the home improvement loan money! I hate bankers but never got ourselves in good enough shape to go without them.

DAC

My bank just got bought by a bank I did business with 40 years ago. Till no if I needed a few $$ I would just tell them how much they would ask what are you buy or building now? Make out a 1/3 page note and done deal. Probably did 1/2 million $$ of business with them. New owners and had to make out a credit application, first one I ever had to do. Felt kind of strange but had the $$ in 2 days.

I need to mow one more time and the leaves are starting to fall. Problem is I have locator paint and flags all over the yard to dig in a new waterline. I can't let the contractor go for it yet until the bank releases the home improvement loan money! I hate bankers but never got ourselves in good enough shape to go without them.

DAC
May have missed it DAC but is this water line something theyre making you put in or just upgrade ?
BTW Doug there's not many in that good of shape to go without loans..

Cut grass for the first time since the first week in July.

Battery was actually dead in the tractor. It’s 6 years old so probably at the end of its life anyway! I’m going to stop after work at the dealer and get another JD branded one (I know it’s not made by them) but that was a great battery. Also going to pick up a new set of blades. After 6 seasons of mowing they are beat up pretty good and my first cut on the new property was rough on them.

May have missed it DAC but is this water line something theyre making you put in or just upgrade ?
BTW Doug there's not many in that good of shape to go without loans..
95% of people live on borrowed money. If nothing else a home loan.
I'm not sure I covered it anywhere as what's going on, Bill I probably didn't think it would be relevant to post. We have had water service in this area for about 12 years. Me being the cheap@$$ I am didn't want the monthly water bill as our well water was decent with a good softener and a reverse osmosis system for drinking. The A/C compressor went out late in July. Was saving money for that but then we tossed around a couple more ideas and decided to get a home improvement loan. There is a state sponsored on with a 2.9% interest so we though that the master bathroom should be remodeled. A while back the well pump was acting up. It was just a dirty switch but I got to thinking that if I was to croak no way Loree can maintain that well. That triggered us to peruse this loan more rather than save. The mud a bank drags you through for one of these is ridiculous and this woman we're going through seems to be on vacation a lot. The excavator and the plumber wanted to get the digging and plumbing done two weeks ago already, but the ridiculous crap the bank wants keeps putting it off. Even had to fill out a stupid questionnaire that asked irrelevant questions like "what was your first pets name?" and "where did you meet your spouse?"!

The locates will expire in another week and half and have to be done again! Of course the bank is closed tomorrow too for some holiday I never got off for. We already paid for rain gutters, and a big deposit for the bathroom remodel which took our small savings down to nearly nothing. We are supposed to get paid back for that, but when? I might "go postal" first---LOL!!

Sorry about the rant. It truly is p!$$!ng me off about all the red tape to get this loan.

DAC

I'm not sure I covered it anywhere as what's going on, Bill I probably didn't think it would be relevant to post. We have had water service in this area for about 12 years. Me being the cheap@$$ I am didn't want the monthly water bill as our well water was decent with a good softener and a reverse osmosis system for drinking. The A/C compressor went out late in July. Was saving money for that but then we tossed around a couple more ideas and decided to get a home improvement loan. There is a state sponsored on with a 2.9% interest so we though that the master bathroom should be remodeled. A while back the well pump was acting up. It was just a dirty switch but I got to thinking that if I was to croak no way Loree can maintain that well. That triggered us to peruse this loan more rather than save. The mud a bank drags you through for one of these is ridiculous and this woman we're going through seems to be on vacation a lot. The excavator and the plumber wanted to get the digging and plumbing done two weeks ago already, but the ridiculous crap the bank wants keeps putting it off. Even had to fill out a stupid questionnaire that asked irrelevant questions like "what was your first pets name?" and "where did you meet your spouse?"!

The locates will expire in another week and half and have to be done again! Of course the bank is closed tomorrow too for some holiday I never got off for. We already paid for rain gutters, and a big deposit for the bathroom remodel which took our small savings down to nearly nothing. We are supposed to get paid back for that, but when? I might "go postal" first---LOL!!

Sorry about the rant. It truly is p!$$!ng me off about all the red tape to get this loan.

DAC
Pets name, where you meet spouse..those are security questions., but ya now you got to remember those on the fly to access account online if you forget password

You mean they didn't want to send you a code by some stupid text or a phone call? That is the usual method most web sites are using any more. That and all the IDme crap, etc. VA is going through all of that now. "New" sing in and everything. Takes over a min to sign in with their new stuff and about 8 seconds the old way.
All because some guy with a degree says we need this and sells it to the top brass. Sorry got off on a rant that that was not relevant.

Back