And more junk.

Thanks for that drawing, Bill! I'm still high bidder on the plow. Looks like someone may want the bar clamps worse than I do. Don't know if I will bid on them anymore. Think I will have to bid 20 bucks to stay on top. I also put 5 bucks on a 8' tall decorative windmill similar to the ones Gary and Lowell have worked on recently. It's bent up but looks to be complete.

On another note, you guessed it---I hauled home more junk from the scrap trailer at work today---LOL!
DSCN4792.JPG DSCN4793.JPG

DSCN4794.JPG

Wrought iron stair way handrails, a spare well pump and some miscellaneous steel for building stuff.
Oh the big white box is a metal cabinet with shelves in it. I've got a wooden one in the shop that this metal one will eventually replace.
Plan on painting it first.

Then since it got a little bit above freezing without gale force wind, I heated up the shop for while and did a little bit of tinkering.

I took a Scotchbrite to that rear pto cover for the MF1450, cleaned and painted it, inside and out.
DSCN4795.JPG DSCN4796.JPG

Then I cleaned the Carb from the old go-kart engine. Parts aren't here yet for the rebuild.
DSCN4797.JPG

And lastly I took all the fittings off the sandblaster tank, cleaned and put new teflon tape on them. Reassembled and pressured it up. No leaks now.
DSCN4799.JPG

DAC

Those plows were quite common when I moved here and you still see them as yard ornaments. Don't recall ever seeing one with a wheel on the front. They did make a horse drawn sulky plow that you rode on and that had wheels.
What I’m thinking is it had one cast iron wheel at the front that was only 6” give or take in diameter.
But I guess I’m thinking of something else.

Noel

What I’m thinking is it had one cast iron wheel at the front that was only 6” give or take in diameter.
But I guess I’m thinking of something else.

Noel
Some did have a small wheel. also a small "knife" in front of the plow, especially if the plow was a breaking plow, which tend to be bigger and/or heavier than a standard plow.

Shooting in a shed is why I'm interested in this transit, Rad, but the no stand is obviously the big problem. I think it is possible to figure out how accurate it is otherwise. Might come up with some brainstorm to make it usable someday---LOL!

DAC
When we was having our Sea Can delivered and set I borrowed the neighbors laser transit to get the 4 corner blocks set level. Lasers give you a one man operation. Got a rental place around your area? Might bet better to rent a laser transit then try to come up with a standard unit and not sure it is accurate when you get done.

When we was having our Sea Can delivered and set I borrowed the neighbors laser transit to get the 4 corner blocks set level. Lasers give you a one man operation. Got a rental place around your area? Might bet better to rent a laser transit then try to come up with a standard unit and not sure it is accurate when you get done.
It just so happens I started bidding on this "Laser Level" in the auction. I'm up to $12.50 on it, Maybe that will work, if I win the auction.
Laser.jpglaser1.jpg

The bar clamps went up to 30 bucks so someone else can have them. I'm up to 20 bucks on the plow now too. Not going to go much higher.

DAC

That laser would be a steal if it stays near that. Problem is guys really abuse those things sometimes and it don’t take much to ruin them. I always got by with a water level. I carried it all in a five gallon bucket. It has a sensor on one end that the clear water line attaches to while you raise or lower the other end up to 30’ away it would beep and a light would flash.

Company that set the house used a water level with a valve on the end. Open the valve to allow air in or out. Water level in the line would indicate level. Water levels do not work well on fairly level ground as the line water will indicate the water level in the pail.

Last edited:
Company that set the house used a water level with a valve on the end. Open the valve to allow air in or out. Water level in the line would indicate level. Water levels do not work well on fairly level ground as the line water will indicate the water level in the pail.
I only use the bucket to carry it in. I usually keep the water in the hose with plugs on each end.

Pretty cool gadget Jim! Decent price too. Used to use the water level to set up trailer houses. No sensor though! I'm up to 30 bucks on the plow. Actually, my wife upped it when I was willing to back out. She said if I don't use it she wants it with her old display junk. The level is up to 17.50 now. Got a little less than one day left. I will be at work, but my wife will keep an eye on it best she can. Her day off.

Didn't get a lot done today. I have been going though allergy testing for the first time again in 25 years or so, since my head seems to be messed up all the time. I was allergic to all 20 things they poked my arm for last week, and even had what the allergist called a "record" reaction to a couple types of mold. Started weekly shots today. Sure hope they help. I did get to tinker a bit this afternoon after we got lunch and Sam's Club done. The go-kart carb kit got here so that is put back together, installed on the engine and bolted down to the welding table. Hopefully I can fire it up tomorrow after work! Might be too cold to have the overhead door open for a while though.

DAC

Pretty cool gadget Jim! Decent price too. Used to use the water level to set up trailer houses. No sensor though! I'm up to 30 bucks on the plow. Actually, my wife upped it when I was willing to back out. She said if I don't use it she wants it with her old display junk. The level is up to 17.50 now. Got a little less than one day left. I will be at work, but my wife will keep an eye on it best she can. Her day off.

Didn't get a lot done today. I have been going though allergy testing for the first time again in 25 years or so, since my head seems to be messed up all the time. I was allergic to all 20 things they poked my arm for last week, and even had what the allergist called a "record" reaction to a couple types of mold. Started weekly shots today. Sure hope they help. I did get to tinker a bit this afternoon after we got lunch and Sam's Club done. The go-kart carb kit got here so that is put back together, installed on the engine and bolted down to the welding table. Hopefully I can fire it up tomorrow after work! Might be too cold to have the overhead door open for a while though.

DAC
Wow Doug that’s a lot of stuff to be allergic to. Hopefully they can find something that will help.

. I was allergic to all 20 things they poked my arm for last week, and even had what the allergist called a "record" reaction to a couple types of mold. Started weekly shots today. Sure hope they help.

DAC
Sounds like you are a "reaction" just waiting to happen. :eek:
Hope you have a good doctor!
I got rid of my worst allergy by hiring a divorce lawyer. :rolleyes:
That was thirty years ago and I haven't sneezed since!

DAC
Good luck on the auction. I just finished one of those. Bought some stuff I really didn't want, but they were selling real low. I've known the seller all my life and didn't mind buying some extra stuff. Ended up giving a bunch of tools and fishing rods to my grandson.

Well, just ended up with junk mainly. The plow went for $105. I was going to go 50 bucks on the laser level but they closed the bid while I was plowing s-word. It sold for $47.50. i did get a good buy on a set of camper jacks. Each one has a reversible hand crank cable winch and thought those winches might be handy. $12.50 for them. Then, I got a bunch of assorted hitch receivers balls, vise grips, gear wrenches and other misc. tools. Around another $40 bucks. There is more with that junk lot but too long to describe. My wife bought some flower pots, and a box or rocks---LOL! It is petrified wood for her rock and junk garden. She also got that curved glass corner hutch. That was the big ticket item at $130 bucks. This one will match another one she has so that's why she wanted it, and her mom knows the cabinet and told her it's in great shape.

Now the worst part is there is only 4 hours allowed for pickup on Thursday and the weather is supposed to suck again. 150 mile round trip. Going to have to take off at noon tomorrow to get the Denali ready and trailer hooked up so we can head out early Thursday morning. Too much hassle for the stuff we got---LOL!

DAC

Well, just ended up with junk mainly. The plow went for $105. I was going to go 50 bucks on the laser level but they closed the bid while I was plowing s-word. It sold for $47.50. i did get a good buy on a set of camper jacks. Each one has a reversible hand crank cable winch and thought those winches might be handy. $12.50 for them. Then, I got a bunch of assorted hitch receivers balls, vise grips, gear wrenches and other misc. tools. Around another $40 bucks. There is more with that junk lot but too long to describe. My wife bought some flower pots, and a box or rocks---LOL! It is petrified wood for her rock and junk garden. She also got that curved glass corner hutch. That was the big ticket item at $130 bucks. This one will match another one she has so that's why she wanted it, and her mom knows the cabinet and told her it's in great shape.

Now the worst part is there is only 4 hours allowed for pickup on Thursday and the weather is supposed to suck again. 150 mile round trip. Going to have to take off at noon tomorrow to get the Denali ready and trailer hooked up so we can head out early Thursday morning. Too much hassle for the stuff we got---LOL!

DAC
Wow that trip and having to take off work would deter me from buying at that auction. I think that laser would have been a risk. Sounds like you both got some good stuff.

Wow that trip and having to take off work would deter me from buying at that auction. I think that laser would have been a risk. Sounds like you both got some good stuff.
Taking off work don't bother me a bit since I have vacation days saved up! Especially when the weather sucks, but also driving in that will be a bit stressful pulling the trailer in 30-40 mph wind. There will certainly be ground drifting and the air temp high is only forecasted to be 19F! Supposed to not get any more s-word at least. Got to keep in mind, the main reason for bidding on this stuff was to help raise money for the 3 cousins of my wife that will be the beneficiaries of this auction. We will also check on my wife's mom and stepdads place next door to this auction. They moved into Hot Springs about 2 months ago and have their old place up for sale.

A little bonding time with your sweetheart should be good for both of you.
Have a safe trip,
Thanks Chris, since we only have one day off a week from work at the same time, it will be a good trip even with the crappy weather. Unfortunately, she will have to go to work when we get back home! She's working a couple hours later tonight so she can go in a couple hours later tomorrow. Her normal workday starts at 2 pm.

Truck and trailer are ready to go. Will just need to grab my Ipod for some tunes! Local radio sucks! She has satellite in her car, but I don't in the Denali.

DAC

DSCN4803.JPG

Back