And more junk.

I’ve used a 12 volt sprayer pump Doug. Take the valve out of stem. Hook a hose to the valve stem. Hook the hose to the pump. Pump in for a bit then stop, pull the hose off to release the air. Then go back at it. Have the valve stem at the 12:00 o’clock position. Fill till it starts coming out stem.
Also can use a hand manual spray pump. Won’t take long to do with those little tires.

Noel
Some pumps will allow a back flow when shut off allowing you to bleed the air without disconnecting. Once the air stops turn the pump back on and repeat. I’ve got three tractors lined up for filling just haven’t had the time.
Good ideas guys! I have never had the need for loaded tires, but you got me thinking---LOL! I remembered probably 10 years ago I got this hand pump out of a dumpster at work. Dug around and found it this afternoon. It is brand new and was for pumping a stop leak into tires for the tractor-tanker and roll off trucks we would have to drive to the dump. The truckdriver at that time refused to use it and I saw him throw it in a dumpster. I would think it could pump windshield washer fluid! When I'm in town Friday I'll stop and pick up a few gallons of winter fluid. Just as well give it a try!
DSCN5335.JPG

DAC

Good ideas guys! I have never had the need for loaded tires, but you got me thinking---LOL! I remembered probably 10 years ago I got this hand pump out of a dumpster at work. Dug around and found it this afternoon. It is brand new and was for pumping a stop leak into tires for the tractor-tanker and roll off trucks we would have to drive to the dump. The truckdriver at that time refused to use it and I saw him throw it in a dumpster. I would think it could pump windshield washer fluid! When I'm in town Friday I'll stop and pick up a few gallons of winter fluid. Just as well give it a try!
View attachment 69844

DAC

I’ll post a picture of what I used. Hopefully.
Tomorrow.
Noel

I would think it could pump windshield washer fluid!
I think you may have the real thing there Doug. Going to be fun to see if it works.
Another thing is a 12v windshield squirter motor. They can be bought cheap and should work. Used one to pump smoke oil into the exhaust of a plane and it worked fine for that. Think I paid $12 for it at Advanced Auto.

Doug you might want to go electric that would be a lot of pumping. I used one of those cheap pumps that you put a garden hose on each end and use your cordless drill to run it. I got mine at HF. This fill valve makes it convenient too, it reduces the garden hose to your tire valve and also has a bleeder valve on the side for the air. Jack the tire up your filling, like Noel mentioned the valve at 12:00, put your solution in a bucket and pump away, it can be quick.

WYNNsky Tire Valve Adapter Kit, Tractor Tire Tube Air Water Adapter Valve Stem Tool Repair Kit https://a.co/d/h7wbKTN

This is what I used to fill rear tires on my garden tractor. Only couple of minutes. Front tires would only be seconds.
Clear hose into bucket, black hose on to tire valve.

Third picture is what could be used too. I’ve never used one to fill tires, so I don’t know. But I think at saw some one on u tube using something like it to fill subcompact tractor rear tires.

Noel

Attachments

• C90EBDC3-CA9C-4245-B6CD-7EEFF6072433.jpeg
    C90EBDC3-CA9C-4245-B6CD-7EEFF6072433.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 369B560E-CAA2-41C2-8322-AD2F6DA82CD7.jpeg
    369B560E-CAA2-41C2-8322-AD2F6DA82CD7.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 8
  • CDA5EC2F-3C5B-4175-8519-37C40FA36C16.jpeg
    CDA5EC2F-3C5B-4175-8519-37C40FA36C16.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 8
All good ideas on filling the tires guys, that hand pump I pictured is made for pumping fluid into tires, and those fronts won't take much pumping at all. I do have a couple of 12V windshield washer pumps around here too. I already explained why I don't want to bust the bead, and they are tubed anyway. Those two front tires may be the only tires I ever load, if I do. I was in town at a Doc appointment today and completely forgot to stop and get some fluid! Once I got home I didn't want to go back into town.

Was out of town last two nights, doing some stuff for the in-laws. Wednesday there was a rummage sale not far away that said "Most everything free". I went down there and all the good stuff had been picked over pretty much but still hauled home some mostly useless junk---LOL!
DSCN5336.JPG DSCN5337.JPG

If nothing else I will haul it to scrap. They said a big dumpster was about to show up and everything was going to the dump that was left. They did sell some kind of CUT with attachments including a FEL for 1500 bucks but it was going down the road on a trailer when I was getting there. I asked a lady about it and that's what she told me. She called it a "small farm tractor". There was mainly steel to build stuff out of that I got but there was a few oddball things i had to haul home for some stupid reason---LOL!
There was some lead weights. I'm guessing 30-50# or so. Haven't put them on a scale yet. Thinking they could be melted down to one or two bars that could be bolted where needed. Maybe the MF1450?
DSCN5351.JPG

Anyone need boat anchors or a set of banding tools? FREE if you pay shipping---LOL!
DSCN5352.JPG DSCN5353.JPG

I have more 4 way tire irons than I'll ever use, and a bunch of the L-shaped ones too---LOL!
DSCN5356.JPG

There was a animal trap, a floor jack and a power strip I grabbed too. Also, two complete equalizer hitch setups not pictured. The trap is visible in the first pic.
DSCN5347.JPG DSCN5348.JPG

Jack looks lightly used but there was a bolt stuck in the fill hole. I filled it with oil, must have been near empty, and robbed the fill plug from the bottle jack in the 2nd pic. Seems to work fine now. That's water on the floor, not oil leaking. I'll leave it jacked up overnight to see if it bleeds down.
DSCN5349.JPG

This Stanley power strip looks heavy duty and works fine. No cuts or tape on the 10' cord.DSCN5357.JPG

Got to go to the next post for more happenings from today.

DAC

Last edited:
I shoved the JD110 in and fiddled with it for awhile. Electrically it must be trashed. I put a charged battery in it and the switch moves with any key. Maybe (probably) the switch is junk. It won't try to start with the switch, but the ignition has power in any position the key is turned. Spark tester shows spark with the starter jumped whether the switch is on or off. Pulled the plug and grounded it and got a spark. Tried a different grounded plug and got better spark. Screwed a compression tester into the plug hole and it pumped up to 130#. Poured some gas into the plug hole and cranked it with no fire.

Decided to take the grill and hood off to get to the carb. Cables are frozen but carb butterflies are free. One bolt on the grill housing sucked to get to with the front lift mechanism right beside it. Then the muffler made it a pain to get everything wiggled off after those 4 bolts were out.
DSCN5338.JPG

There is an engine ID tag that wasn't visible without removing that stuff. The painted area is almost unreadable but K181 is still visible as well as the stamped numbers.
DSCN5339.JPG DSCN5340.JPG

Carb is rough and stinks bad! Fuel inlet fitting is completely clogged too.
DSCN5342.JPG DSCN5343.JPG

Besides some rust in the bottom of the port, it looks pretty good in there.
DSCN5344.JPG DSCN5345.JPG

Sprayed some ether in the hole and put my hand over the port. Cranked the engine and it made a lame effort to fire, enough to disengage the starter. Battery was going dead so pulled it to charge again. May be able to tinker with it some more tomorrow.

DAC

You got some good stuff for free. I found that a few little floor jacks are handy to have instead of a big floor jack for a GT. Doug I think that JD is a good candidate for a new carb. Lol
Thanks, Jim! I have a small aluminum HF jack and now this one. Then I have a bigger one for cars and trucks too. The new free one held the front of the JD110 up all night. When I lowered the jack, it leaked some oil from somewhere. Noticed a little puddle later. Hoping I just overfilled it. Didn't have time to mess with it today.

Honeydoos happened today. Had to help Loree move some heavy stuff where she wanted to do some cleaning then she wanted me to wash the 5'x8' rug in our mud/laundry room. I use the pressure washer on it. Try to do it every spring but missed it last year for some reason. Since it had been two years it took a couple hours once I had it set up. The pressure washer was up on the lift so i had to run 3 tractors out to lower it. Well had to push the JD110---LOL!
6-17-23 cleaning.JPG 6-17-23 cleaning-1.JPG

6-17-23 cleaning-2.jpg 6-17-23 cleaning-4.jpg

It will have to dry overnight. Hope it doesn't rain!
Hooked the JD110 to the crane on the MF1450. Front wheels stayed planted with the weight added. It steers a bit harder unloaded with the additional weight on the front end though. Steers better with weight on the crane.
DSCN5360.JPG DSCN5361.JPG

While the JD was up in the air, I took some pictures of the underside of the deck. I haven't seen that part yet. Looks like it is complete, and the blades look ok. Spindles all feel ok.
DSCN5362.JPG DSCN5363.JPG DSCN5364.JPG

I like that this deck has the anti-scalp rollers. I feel that helps the quality of the cut in an uneven yard like ours a lot! Probably should have pulled the deck right then but my back was hurting.

Happy Father's Day tomorrow everyone!

DAC

Back