And more junk.

I had been working on some stickers, and while the MF1450 was sitting in the shop, I made a sticker to put on the air cleaner housing. Got that housing from Kenny and have been thinking about him lately.
DSCN5597.JPG DSCN5599.JPG

DSCN5600.JPG
The hood covers it when closed, but it was a memory thing for me and no one that would see this tractor would know who he is anyway.

Then I used the MF1450 to haul the mowing deck for the JD110 to the lawn to wash it and check it out a little better.
DSCN5601.JPG DSCN5604.JPG

DSCN5605.JPG DSCN5609.JPG
Looks like just weld a crack on one of the wheel brackets is the biggest problem with this deck. Looks very solid with no rust through. Pulled the froze up flat pulley off of the tensioner and measured it up and ordered a new one. The deck might be ready to see how it mows once before the season is over.

Then I FINALLY started getting the shed I converted into a sandblasting booth to make those headstones turned back into a shed! Took out the billboard tarps I used for curtains, spread them out in the grass and washed one side. It started thundering and raining so called it quits. Will still have to vacuum a lot of sand up but the JD110 should fit in there once things are cleaned up better.
DSCN5606.JPG DSCN5607.JPG

DSCN5608.JPG

DAC

Last edited:
I had been working on some stickers, and while the MF1450 was sitting in the shop, I made a sticker to put on the air cleaner housing. Got that housing from Kenny and have been thinking about him lately.
View attachment 71979 View attachment 71981

View attachment 71982
The hood covers it when closed, but it was a memory thing for me and no one that would see this tractor would no who he is anyway.

Then I used the MF1450 to haul the mowing deck for the JD110 to the lawn to wash it and check it out a little better.
View attachment 71983 View attachment 71984

View attachment 71985 View attachment 71986
Looks like just weld a crack on one of the wheel brackets is the biggest problem with this deck. Looks very solid with no rust through. Pulled the froze up flat pulley off of the tensioner and measured it up and ordered a new one. The deck might be ready to see how it mows once before the season is over.

Then I FINALLY started getting the shed I converted into a sandblasting booth to make those headstones turned back into a shed! Took out the billboard tarps I used for curtains, spread them out in the grass and washed one side. It started thundering and raining so called it quits. Will still have to vacuum a lot of sand up but the JD110 should fit in there once things are cleaned up better.
View attachment 71987 View attachment 71988

View attachment 71989

DAC
Cool air filter cover Doug.
And I believe we all think of Kenny...
Honestly not the same without him around..

Nicely done Doug. I was searching some past posts of mine for some info and several of Kenny’s posts came up. It’s still hard to believe he’s gone.

Your crane seems to be working great. I have a boom attachment on my Simplicity 7117H and it was useful several times.

Sure is! I think of him most every day.
Your a good guy Doug. That was very kind of you to remember Kenny.
Nicely done Doug. I was searching some past posts of mine for some info and several of Kenny’s posts came up. It’s still hard to believe he’s gone.

Your crane seems to be working great. I have a boom attachment on my Simplicity 7117H and it was useful several times.
Very nice touch on the air filter cover Doug.

jhn9840
John
I appreciate the comments, guys! I don't think Kenny can be forgotten by any of us. Just had to put a sticker on something he used to own.

I like the crane, Jim. It should move stuff around in my junk pile out back and help me get some pallets under some of that junk.

Loree saved me from mad neighbors this morning. I had flipped the billboard tarps over and washed the other side and left them laying out to dry. I should have known that there couldn't be 3 days in a row without a big wind coming up. I was still sleeping when she went to work and the tarps were blowing away. She drug them back and threw concrete blocks on them so they would still be there when I got my lazy a$$ up---LOL!

DAC

They can call us laze but that noon nap sure does feel good.
I bet it does, Roger, but I don't get up early enough for a noon nap---LOL! I had to be up at 5am for 3 decades but not doing it any more!

That not having to set an alarm clock to get up makes it all worth while. When my bowling season starts I have to set what I call a somewhat early alarm si I get me critters fed and go to the Alley for donuts.
I've only had to use my alarm clock 3 or 4 times since April, Rad! I usually get up between 8 and 9 now! If I lived a little closer to somewhere, I might would go do morning coffee with someone but don't want to burn a bunch of gas just to have coffee.

We went to the races last night so I didn't get to respond until now. Had a bunch of running around to do today, going to Farmer's market and Sam's Club. Got home and unloaded just in time when rain came in.

Got a little bit done on the cutting deck for the JD110. The tensioner pulley came in yesterday and it did not come with the spacer to make the bearing I.D. 1/2". Fortunately the spacer in the old pulley was still good. It must not have been run with the locked up bearing as that plastic spacer would have been trashed. Installed it, had to tweak the bracket a bit and use a little longer 7/16" bolt to make things line up for the belt to ride properly. The old belt actually looks to be in great shape, so it got installed. Lubed and greased everything that spins or rolls and it all turns nicely. Also sharpened the blades with one of those drill stones. The blades are still in good shape so just a touch up is all they needed.
DSCN5610.JPG DSCN5611.JPG

DSCN5612.JPG DSCN5613.JPG

DSCN5614.JPG

I bent the cracked wheel mount back to where it should be. Will hit things with a wire wheel and weld them up tomorrow hopefully. Got some other stuff going on too, not related to tractors.
DSCN5615.JPG DSCN5615.JPG

DSCN5616.JPG

DAC

I bet it does, Roger, but I don't get up early enough for a noon nap---LOL! I had to be up at 5am for 3 decades but not doing it any more!

I've only had to use my alarm clock 3 or 4 times since April, Rad! I usually get up between 8 and 9 now! If I lived a little closer to somewhere, I might would go do morning coffee with someone but don't want to burn a bunch of gas just to have coffee.

We went to the races last night so I didn't get to respond until now. Had a bunch of running around to do today, going to Farmer's market and Sam's Club. Got home and unloaded just in time when rain came in.

Got a little bit done on the cutting deck for the JD110. The tensioner pulley came in yesterday and it did not come with the spacer to make the bearing I.D. 1/2". Fortunately the spacer in the old pulley was still good. It must not have been run with the locked up bearing as that plastic spacer would have been trashed. Installed it, had to tweak the bracket a bit and use a little longer 7/16" bolt to make things line up for the belt to ride properly. The old belt actually looks to be in great shape, so it got installed. Lubed and greased everything that spins or rolls and it all turns nicely. Also sharpened the blades with one of those drill stones. The blades are still in good shape so just a touch up is all they needed.
View attachment 72151 View attachment 72152

View attachment 72153 View attachment 72154

View attachment 72155

I bent the cracked wheel mount back to where it should be. Will hit things with a wire wheel and weld them up tomorrow hopefully. Got some other stuff going on too, not related to tractors.
View attachment 72156 View attachment 72156

View attachment 72157

DAC
I have a collection of those bushings. I will remove them before discarding a pulley.

I was forced to work on a day shift for a while but my preference was afternoon shift and after I was on the day and thet back on afternoons I couldn't sleep very good so I set an alarm to get up by but after I quit work like I said just when something for an early morning to do do I set one.

I Haven't set an alarm for over 20 years. 5:30 to 6 am and I am up. No reason to but never was allowed to stay in bed in the morning and that is the way my system is programmed.
I'm hoping to not set one for over 20 years too Roger! Just getting up a couple hours later than you---LOL!

I was forced to work on a day shift for a while but my preference was afternoon shift and after I was on the day and thet back on afternoons I couldn't sleep very good so I set an alarm to get up by but after I quit work like I said just when something for an early morning to do do I set one.
When I was self employed in the 80's and part of the '90's, Rad it seemed like business had to happen most of the day and then I would do production a good bit of the night. Just couldn't do it that way any longer.

I have a collection of those bushings. I will remove them before discarding a pulley.
I've not thrown out enough pulleys to have a collection, but you can bet I will be watching for them now, Rick! Got lucky the old one was good this time.

DAC

Back