And more junk.

I googled it, Roger! Looks like they have a Late Model show this coming Saturday night! It's been done here for about a month.

DAC
I really haven't paid much attention to the racing here for several years. Al the "old timers" are go and new bread of younger people have taken over, which is great. Back when I was working there we would work most of the day Saturday, change clothes and go back and work the race that night. Use to have a lot of fun doing it but times changes things. Promoter retired, couple farmers tried promoting it that was a big failure and lost a lot of drivers and fans. Fair board finally took over the promoting end as well as the operating and getting it built back up again. Don't know any of the drivers as they are the kinds of the driver we knew down there. Besides, 9pm is my bedtime!

I was a night owl most of my life, but the last 25 years when I had a "real" job, having to get up at 4 or 5 am changed all that. Still might stay awake until 11 or 12 but usually in bed by 10. We will turn on a movie or watch a race on FLO Racing. The TV helps me get to sleep. Dead silence will make me want to crawl the walls with all the noise going on in my head. Need some sound to drown it out. Have to run a fan as well. I can say that I sleep very well. Soon as I got in bed the pain in my back quits and the neck pain usually goes away after a while. Have to sleep sitting up a bit most of the time though.

It was sunny today but colder and still windy. Didn't do a darn thing outside except walk to the mailbox a couple of times. Ron came and picked up the racecar panels, and I tried to fix my 35 year old Makita heat gun. It quit blowing when I was working on those stickers. Would still heat up. Found a broken wire at the fan motor. Replaced it soldering in a new one but the motor still won't run. Maybe it's time to toss it---LOL! Me and that heat gun had a long history and now it's over---LOL!

DAC

Some of us like to hang on to our old tools as long as we can keep them going while others only have to think they are old and run out to buy new.
Yeah, Roger, it seems I get attached to tools, vehicles, tractors and most everything else. That heat gun was hot enough I could light cigarettes with it back in my smoking days! Could turn the temp down until it was a nice warm breeze coming out of it that would warm up cold fingers too! Me and it go way back---LOL!

DAC

DSCN5733.JPG

Yeah it’s hard to let go of them old tools. I recently put a new cord on my B&D Professional right angle grinder that I bought back in the early 80’s. Doug I bought that Bauer heat gun at HF a few years ago and I’m happy with it.

Here’s the one I got. I have ran it for over a half hour non stop stripping some old paint and it done well. I wished it had a fan type slip on nozzle to create a wider pattern. I could probably fab one if I took the time.

Here’s the one I got. I have ran it for over a half hour non stop stripping some old paint and it done well. I wished it had a fan type slip on nozzle to create a wider pattern. I could probably fab one if I took the time.

It went in the garbage today---LOL!

I have a $50 gift card for Lowes that Blue Cross sent for a "reward". I may go get this one. Pretty close in specs to the Bauer you have Jim. About the same temp range as the old Makita too.

I like that these new ones can be stood on end. I would have to clamp the old one in a vise.

DAC

My heat gun died just last week too! That 1600 watt from HF is what I'm going to buy.

Back