And more junk.

The two old pickups have hauled a lot of this crap home, Jim! So has the trailer---LOL! I found out this afternoon that a rototiller will fit in the '06 Denali---LOL! That same co worker brought in the tiller he said the 3.5 hp Tecumseh came off of. Said he pulled the Tec off because it wouldn't start. He put a Predator on it. Then he built raised gardens so he uses one of those small lightweight cultivators. I forget what they are called right off hand. Anyone ever heard of a "Roto-Hoe" brand tiller?
DSCN4602.JPG DSCN4603.JPG DSCN4604.JPG

He kept the Predator but said this pulley came off of that Tec. Nope it's a 5/8" pulley and the engine has a 3/4 in shaft. I might have a pulley laying around here that will fit the Tec. Plan is to get it running, clean it up and sell it.
DSCN4601.JPG

Then he had this squirrel cage fan he was going to scrap. That went in the Denali too. Works fine!
DSCN4600.JPG

I need counseling or something!

DAC

I won't be doing any work on tractor stuff for several days. I had to take this afternoon off work for more doc appointments. They piled a couple more drugs on me. I got an order for stickers to work on that will probably take through the weekend too so tractors are on hold.

Next real plan is to bring in the '55 GMC and FINALLY install the new headlight switch and a new temp gauge, along with door gaskets. Then the '72 GMC to overhaul the Holley carb on it. They have been neglected badly this year.

DAC

Finished up some sign work today, and did some running around with my wife. Pretty much the only day she has off work when I'm off. When we got back I did start and drive the GT5000 around a bit just to see if that battery was holding up. Been 8 days since it was started. It is the same battery the P.O. said was frozen and wouldn't take a charge. The amp gauge picks up at a high charge and drops down to a small charge, like it is supposed to. Very nice running engine. It sat outside for awhile. then I fired it up and brought it back in the shop. Decided to pull the step cover off the left side of the deck to inspect the spindles a little better. The belt tension release is actually a pretty cool device. I spun and wiggled all 3 spindles and the idler pulleys and all feel tight and smooth. Not tight like seizing up, tight like no play. They all spun freely. Will have to investigate further why the deck sounds like a WWII bomber when the electric clutch in engaged.

DAC

I think these are high lift blades with that bend up on the back side. Don't think they are needed in this hay and weeds we have for a yard but maybe that's what is available for this GT5000. Either these blades were changed before the tractor got parked or they never got much use from new.
DSCN4608.JPG

DAC

Hey guys, it is a real pain in the a$$ navigating this site right now! Glad the search function is working!

I mentioned somewhere, that a guy stopped by Sunday just out of the blue to talk Massey Fergusons. He has seen the MF1450 sitting outside. He has two MF1650s. The one he had pics of on his phone was either nicely restored at one time or is a great survivor. He has a mower deck, plow, tiller and snowblower for it too. I forgot to ask him wether it was restored or original. He was hoping the MF1450 was a parts tractor he could buy. He was kinda bummed when I told him it was my yard mule. He really liked the MF12G and the MF8E too.

Then he saw the JD110. Thought is was cool and said he had the side panels for the tiller! He wasn't sure they were correct but he had bought them on epay hoping they might fit the tiller for his MF1650. Did not fit. Said I could have them. I told him I had to go into town Monday and I could stop by and get them and see if they fit. He doesn't live in town but said come by his work. When I picked them up he said he had a extra fuel tank for that type of MF-1450-1650. Said I could have it too! Too late on that one since I cut all the original plastic tank mounts off to install the old tank from the MF12G.

Got back home and the side panels fit perfectly!
IMG_0683.jpg

I noticed the tire with the tube protruding no longer does!
DSCN4621.JPG

Think that I might have to break down and buy "Evapo Rust" for the fuel tank, but it has a crude tank repair on it that still seeps a bit.
The vinegar was in there 2 or 3 weeks and helped but it may be a lost cause, especially with the baffle in it.
IMG_0685.jpg IMG_0686.jpg IMG_0687.jpg DSCN4618.JPG

Looks like someone soldered a leak at one time and it still seeps. Not a dripping leak though. Seep seems to be at that dark spot near the center of the repair.
DSCN4619.JPG

He also noticed that one of the rear hub nuts was gone on the MF1450! Guess it's good to have some younger eyes look at stuff some times.

Looks like the one in the second pic.
DSCN4622.JPG DSCN4623.JPG

DAC

Last edited:
Doug, one thing I have done with my 110 and two 112's is to replace the metal fuel tanks with plastic ones from older snowblowers, like JD ones from the seventies and eighties (ie 726, 1032, etc), they fit right in the same place the metal ones do.

Doug, one thing I have done with my 110 and two 112's is to replace the metal fuel tanks with plastic ones from older snowblowers, like JD ones from the seventies and eighties (ie 726, 1032, etc), they fit right in the same place the metal ones do.
I will check those numbers and see if there is some out there to buy, Jake! I've got a plastic Craftsman tank but it has bolt flanges.

DAC

Basically any older snow blower that have a teccy engine on them, about 7hp and higher. There are short tanks and long ones, the long ones are the ones to look for. They usually have a mounting bracket that is bolted to the top of the tanks, which have threaded inserts.

Back