Hill Top adventures

My opinion is that any young person that has a brush with the law, failing grades or drops out or school gets a free ticket to Uncle Sams Army for 2 years.

My grandfather was involved in an assault charge right after high school. Some drunk guys at a bar and a fight. The judge offered him jail time or military service. He spent 4 years in the navy. Probably saved his life according to my great aunt's.

I didn't get to grading the driveway today. This morning me and JR went over to @truck21 to get a couple items. It was good to see him again and catch up on the good times. Then it was time to start switching from winter mode to spring. The blower came off the trac team and the sweeper went on.
0323191518a.jpg
Soon I had the stone jumping back onto the driveway. It does a great job and really dethatches the lawn. While I was working at that, JR was using the Gravely to awaken the garden from its winter slumber. One soggy wet mess. He used the cultivator to break it up to speed up the drying.

Went to a big birthday party for my grandma. Turned 90 and is still driving. Typically just to church or the grocery store, but she still has the freedom to go on her own. As a young mother, she lost her husband and both parents in 9 months time. Her oldest child was 7 at the time. Takes a tough lady to survive that.

We went to watch Red Green this week.
Capture+_2019-02-21-19-31-43.png

It was a good show, definitely old school humor. Where humor is everyday life and not mocking others like so many do today. JR was able to get a cap autographed. It was a long day for pops, as we got home a few short hours before I left for work the next day. But memories were made as a father-son adventure.
0328192137.jpg

And now the GTt hat can be retired to the memory bin. Got a cooler one now.
0328192143.jpg

JR had fun in the garden this afternoon. We have 3 cultivater shanks on a tool bar. Two 4" shovels and a 2" in the middle. Running approximately 100 pounds of wheel weight each side.

When your son is trying to Google a picture of a tractor and his search is not going well. A more definite search is described by pops and works well. But the surprise on his face as he sees himself at the top of the search. "Dad, when did you post that? And you have a YouTube channel?"

The 40 year mark for the Three Mile Island accident. Just a few months before my time began. A lot of stories being shared of how it affected the locals. The area was under martial law enforced by national guard.
FB_IMG_1553789782576.jpg

The 40 year mark for the Three Mile Island accident. Just a few months before my time began. A lot of stories being shared of how it affected the locals. The area was under martial law enforced by national guard.
View attachment 12037

And now it's a secret X-Men mutant laboratory where Wolverine got his adamantium claws. Wasn't Deadpool born here?

My mom says she was very worried for me. As there was a concern for the pregnant moms and their babies. My dad was a truck driver out on a several day run and came home past there not knowing anything had happened. His arms got scaly and flaky. His thought was he had a slight exposure from it.

Turned out to be a nice sunny Saturday. With a high in the low 60's. An excellent time to cook over a wood fire and enjoy some family time around a fire.
0406191840.jpg
The willow trees are starting to green up and a few farmers have started the spring field work. Won't be long until the rest of the trees give color.
0406191841.jpg

Back