Hill Top adventures

A small step of progress made today. Took the rear pto off the Gravely and mounted a fan there instead. That should help in spring plowing. Got the hydraulic lines switched from the parts tractor to the S-16. Getting the driveshaft ready to install and noticed a mouse condo in the engine. So one more step added to clean that. The trashy neighbor who had all the rats at his house has been gone a couple years now. And I am still dealing with the aftereffects of him and his trash in my hood. JR say it definitely needs a straight pipe on it. So the front end gets taken apart to clean the condo and muffler off for the straight pipe. That will let the K341 thump.

The local hardware store started their years end sale this week. I was crazy enough to fight the crowd this morning. Picked up a new front tire for the Gravely so that the S-16 can get the matching tread back again. JR wants to paint the rim now before we mount it. We will get the inside done now and get the outside another time.

Ohhhhhh. Matching tread. How swanky.
For a tractor that I picked around 20 years ago. Its the tires that were on it then and they are the same as what it should have had when new. A few years before I was born. When the Gravely tire blew this fall on a firewood trip a good hike from home, I just swapped the rim n tire over to get it home again. Now it is time to fix and get the right rims on the correct tractor. And get a somewhat nice repainted rim away from JR's mud bogging.

Another soggy day gave time to do a bit of tinkering in the shed. Worked at getting a brake setup ready to put on the Gravely. Going to switch it from disc brakes to drum brake. Too many parts are missing from the disc to consider rebuilding those.
Tried to drill out some pins from a set of 3pt arms to salvage them. That was a disaster that is not finished.
1228181543.jpg
Got a bit of paint splattered on the front rim that gets a new tire.

And the rat condo peaking out from the K341.
1228180826.jpg

Got the family home at the crack of the new year. Busy weekend...
Got to watch a robot milker working which was neat. A cow would walk up and the machine would milk it. 1229181746a.jpg

Today we went over to see Lake Ontario. Cold and windy!
1231181419a.jpg1231181419.jpg

Finally figured out how to sleep to avoid some back pain. On my right side with pillow doubled to support my neck. If I roll over on my back, I will wake up to my wife beating on me cause my snoring woke her. If I roll onto my belly, there is no snoring but serious back trouble. Now to clear out this flu.

Finally a Saturday that isn't raining. And the ground was frozen enough to venture through the fields to cut some more firewood. I found a few more logs I can clean up, locust and cherry for today. 0112191437.jpg
And since snow is in the forecast, the snow plow got hooked up n ready to go.

Switched out wheel weights yesterday. The cheap plastic wrapped concrete just wasn't enough. JR was getting stuck on the hill hauling firewood. Put the barbell weights back on. Tripled the weight on the wheels which helped a lot. Had to unhook the snow plow this morning so we could go for more firewood. And this evening put the plow back on for the inch or two that is predicted.

A bit of remodeling at work this week. A house that had a bad roof for too many years. We have worked on it off n on the last year and a half. That wall had 1" planking, wood siding, and half inch OSB. Whoever worked here before just layered new over top of old. The kitchen floor had around 7 layers of flooring.
0117191053a.jpg0117191053.jpg
Found a post of what we started with back in spring 2017.
Capture+_2019-01-19-21-44-04.png

This snow storm was a bust considering that it was called a storm of the century by some. We got about an inch or two before changing to rain last night. By this morning it was all gone.

A stressful afternoon in the courtroom. It felt like a sinking ship as the judge chased every aspect I hadn't thought of. Our lawyer, a well seasoned attorney, was so worried her hands wouldn't stop shaking. In her closing speech you could hear her voice quivering and the papers shaking in her hand. And then, our petition was granted! I was so believing that we lost it took a few moments to realize we won. All for keeping a child out of the system. I never realized how pricey this would get. And it will continue.... But now the focus will be on us, if we are capable parents and if our house is safe for a toddler. Umm, this toddler has been in our house for half his life. But we still need to prove it in court. The home inspection shouldn't be too bad. We have had them before by other agencies, but this time it will be third party inspection. So that will change it some.

Back