Need a Garden Tractor

https://www.amazon.com/EMPIRE-Ridin...562934348&s=gateway&sprefix=mower+deck&sr=8-5

This is the drive over thing I'm talking about.

I dont have one. But it popped up on my amazon feed a few months ago.

I keep 2 poly ramps down at the end of the yard and after 2 or 3 cuttings I drive up on them and use a putty knife to scrap the deck. I'm not a fan of water and mower decks. In my opinion if you dont remove all the grass you are just going to end up soaking what's left and leaving a big wet sponge under there to rot your deck.

Yeah I expect I'll be doing some cutting and Welding on this deck once the season's over. And I don't see anything other than the two holes.

I figure once I do that I'm probably going to stay on top of this deck as well. I have thought about driving it up on ramps and just using a hose, that's probably what I will do. Unless I decide to make a sprayer/cleaner specifically for this mower deck.

Working today which is supposed to be my day off, so have Amazon bringing some carb spray to the house tomorrow.

And yeah that thing really did clean up good, more than I expected it to. When I got the scrubbing the top of the deck underneath the tractor I was scrubbing some dirt off that I thought was rust. Looks even better than I thought, I don't expect either deck hole to take much more than a 6x6 patch.

Only way to get all the grass off under the deck with water is a pressure washer, and not a wimpy one. A 13 hp engine with 3000 to 3500 psi of water. Lots of water and pressure.
But that’s hard on the bearings and messy. The pressure washer will push the water into the bearings too, which is not good.
Air gun with 120 psi, brush and scraper is a good way to clean decks.

Noel

Well if i get a chance to pull the carb tonight im going to.

I was getting gas to the carb at the fuel line. But even the fuel lines going to need replaced.

Id like to get the deck off too, but upon looking at it, im gonna guess its alot easier to take off when its setting in the down position
It is easier to remove the deck with it lifted. Remove the pins at the front then lower it to remove the lift cable. To reinstall just do the opposite.

Now might be a good time to start watching for another deck. That same deck was used on many models for a bunch of years.

I dont think its so forgone i cant fix it, i once resurrected a K5 blazer from rust, and I think I still have some sheet metal laying around

‐-------------

It is easier to remove the deck with it lifted. Remove the pins at the front then lower it to remove the lift cable. To reinstall just do the opposite.

Yeah but don't you mean while its under power? It looks to me like I would drop the pins from the front then use the lift to lower the deck down and then take the cable off.

------------

Any suggestion on spark plug wires? I can tell that the spark plug wires have spray paint on them, which tells me they probably havent been changed in a very long time, if ever.
20190713_142653.jpg

To tell the truth part of me wants to just put a new coil, points, condenser spark plug wires , spark plugs, and carb on this thing.

Found another hole, looks to me like a battery bled out at some point. Meh, no biggy, ill get to that too.
20190713_142707.jpg
20190713_142729.jpg
20190713_142718.jpg

Waiting for the carb spray to be dropped off some time today....

Last edited:
Thought I would make a a new post as this has gone long. This is where were at w the Tractor

Brought it home.
Mowed majority of my yard and it ran out of gas (or so i thought) then added gas that was old, didnt fire.

Thought i flooded it so let it sit a while. Then it fired and i got it moved about 100 feet running like crap the whole time. Then it died.

Drained fuel tank, replaced with fresh gas mixed with seafoam.

Checked spark plug (champion RV17YC )gaps and gapped them to .025 from .035+
Got it to fire a couple times as shown here Clip 1 Clip 2 and these were the last time it has fired up. Wouldn't do nothing for me after that.

Pulled carb, cleaned all parts and reassembled.

Followed instructions for the carb screw settings upon reinstalling, no fire.

Have tried adjusting carb adjustment screws some and still no fire.

Tested spark plugs for spark and have spark.
.. Spark plug test

Sprayed carb cleaner into carb while cranking, no fire. Carb Spray Test

Last edited:
Back