What are you currently working on??

It has the wrong hood. It has a 5 slot grille like would be on a 1970’s c120.
1277 should have a 7 slot grille.
I need to check out the parking brake feature.
I am not above frankenstiening a tractor, and may add some more off year stuff to this one.
If I don’t mow with it I have some bar tread rears, tri rib fronts and an electric actuator.
I,ll have to find a slot hitch or sleeve hitch plow or other implements for it.

Last edited:
I am not above frankenstiening a tractor, and may add some more off year stuff to this one.
If I don’t mow with it I have some bar tread rears, tri rib fronts and an electric actuator.
Just as well Frankenstein when it's this kind of situation, Rick! Build a useful tractor out of it rather than getting ulcers and a thinner wallet trying to do a faithful restore. I have caught grief over my unoriginal MF8E but it had already been ba$terdized 30 some years ago when I got it and I just kept that ba$tard ball rolling---LOL! I never knew they were kind of uncommon until 13 years ago.

DAC

Rick maybe it’s one of them tractors like Johnny Cash built his Cadillac, one piece at a time. Lol

I never knew they were kind of uncommon until 13 years ago.

DAC
Realizing how rare my MF12H was after it sit under a tarp for over 25 years was what got me started over in GTtalk. I had used it to cut grass at a hobby farm of 9 acres we had with plans on building a home. After having to move back to the city to take care of in-laws it sit. A lot of good folks over there helped me a lot and encouraged me to restore it. Along with that the fever set in bad. Lol

Edy and a granddaughter went shopping this morning and didn’t leave me a “honey do” list.
So I started cleaning the Wheel Horse. I took off the hood, seat, fenders, and rear wheels. Temperatures were in the 60,s. I got the pressure washer fired up and got to the tractor and both decks. Cleaned one of the decks standing up and strapped to a two wheeled dolly. After cleaning the decks showed more damage.
I used my cordless drill to spin the blades on both decks. They are both very quiet and spin freely. However the decks need attention.

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1032.jpeg
    IMG_1032.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1030.jpeg
    IMG_1030.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 5
Edy and a granddaughter went shopping this morning and didn’t leave me a “honey do” list.
So I started cleaning the Wheel Horse. I took off the hood, seat, fenders, and rear wheels. Temperatures were in the 60,s. I got the pressure washer fired up and got to the tractor and both decks. Cleaned one of the decks standing up and strapped to a two wheeled dolly. After cleaning the decks showed more damage.
I used my cordless drill to spin the blades on both decks. They are both very quiet and spin freely. However the decks need attention.
Spacesaver automotive rear wheels on it? That's a cool rack for the decks you built, Rick! Up here in almost desert country, decks don't rust out from the inside out like that. Even if they don't get cleaned. From debris left on top of the deck is another story though. I've seen decks rust through on top from leaves and clippings that lay there for decades getting wet over and over.

DAC

I had a set of tires and a set of rims sitting in the way. Decided if I mount the tires on the rims they would take up half as much room. Carlyle Tru Power 23-12.50-12 on deep offset Wheel Horse 520 rims. Got that done and further punished myself by swapping out a worn out pair of 16-.50-8 for pair of 4.80-4.00-8 bar tread tires.
My hands and back are killing me! o_Oo_O

Came in and took a shower.
Is six oclock too early to put on pajamas? :p

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpeg
    IMG_1039.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1038.jpeg
    IMG_1038.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1040.jpeg
    IMG_1040.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1041.jpeg
    IMG_1041.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1043.jpeg
    IMG_1043.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 3
I had a set of tires and a set of rims sitting in the way. Decided if I mount the tires on the rims they would take up half as much room. Carlyle Tru Power 23-12.50-12 on deep offset Wheel Horse 520 rims. Got that done and further punished myself by swapping out a worn out pair of 16-.50-8 for pair of 4.80-4.00-8 bar tread tires.
My hands and back are killing me! o_Oo_O

Came in and took a shower.
Is six oclock too early to put on pajamas? :p
I like how those turned out. Wrestling these tires and wheels can put you in your pajamas early. Pajama time hit me around 4:00 the other day. :D

Back