What are you currently working on??

Since the weather was kind of ugly today I had all kinds of grand plans to work on the MF12G to get it ready for mowing and maybe a little stuff on the MF1450 even after I got off work at 9 this morning. Long story short, I fell down the damm steps leaving work! Nothing broken but pretty much sore all over and hambergerd my left elbow and right thumb. Clumsy old geezer anyway! Been nursing the bleeding parts trying not to abuse them any more. I did order the belts for that Bolens/MTD lawn tractor and the customer I made those stickers for yesterday came and got them. Shot the bull with him for a couple hours. I'm a little slow typing---LOL!

DAC

Well, now I'm two for two on transmission repairs. Fixed a JD 214 transmission a couple years back and now I have a WH GT14 transmission under my belt. Got my uncle's tractor all finished up and running today. Four bearings, two axle seals, two gaskets and one high tech red neck repair for a differential gear keeper.

Edy got the seat for the MoCraft finished and I installed it.
Then took it outside for a couple pictures. I will really have to work at keeping everything covered and clean.

Attachments

• Resized_20210503_160353.jpeg
    Resized_20210503_160353.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Resized_20210503_160408.jpeg
    Resized_20210503_160408.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 12
Saturday when I was coming back on the red bike it decided to drop a valve retainer. Pretty impressive bangs before it shut down.

I ordered a new factory race motor sold by tillotson 212. 10hp out of the box and added in the intake, pipe and jet kit which should be good for 2hp. It has a governor in place but it's set at 5200rpm and has bigger valves, better valve springs and internals over a factory predator 212. It's 189 instead of 139. Well worth the extra cash in this application. Not sure it would be on a piece of equipment.

I got it on last night and test rode between rain drops. It's a nice runner. Smooth and pulls in the mid range pretty good! Definitely more power than the stage 1 predator even with the modifications. I didn't open it up but the block castings are nice and clean and it just has a better overall fit and finish.

First predator I've had an issue with. Although I was running it hard it was still set to hit a max of 3800rpm with the throttle stop removed.

just mowed, only been 3 days since the last time
But it looks more like a hayfield than some around here that have only mowed once so far.... this is the 4th or 5th time for me so far this year.
now i need to go out and bale.

That’s a great tractor. Is it a hydro, kinda looks like by the handle.

Noel
Yep. They said it would die when you put it in gear. We pushed it on the trailer, I lifted the seat and found the safety switch wrapped in gray tape. Took the tape off and reinstalled it under the seat and drove it off the trailer. Also had broken welds on one spindle-to-axle mount. That's fixed. New belts on the way.

Picked up this 'freebie' a couple days ago. Gonna give it to my daughter, an upgrade for her. She's paying for the parts it needs, labor is free.
View attachment 36734 View attachment 36733 View attachment 36732
You scored well there Kenny! Good deal for you and her. That's how I worked it with my daughters first car. I'd do the labor maintaining it, but she had to pay for whatever it needed. After she got out of college and made money, she gave the car to me when she bought a brand new car---LOL!

DAC

Going to pickup a customers Husqvarna (backup) mower today and service it. When I take it back I'll bring home his Sears (main mower) and do some repairs on it. Got a freebie Cub Cadet (early years) to pick up soon.

Got all the above done. Found out the Cub is a May 1968 tractor. Has mower deck and a rear blade. I'll start a thread on it, probably gonna part it.

Back