What are you currently working on??

Got the 318 up and running that I bought from dealership I work at. One good used charging coil later and I got another useful Deere in the herd. Still have some minor bugs to work out, but I'm happy.

I had to go to work for most of the day, gotta grab overtime when it's available! When I got home just watched the last hour of the race then came out to the shop. Picked up the tools from yesterdays belt replacement on that Bolens/MTD lawn tractor. One of my sisters had sent my wife a wind spinner for her birthday last month so I got that put together and planted in the ground finally. Time to head in the house soon in case the dang work phone rings again in the middle of the night like it did last night!

DAC

Different ways to do it but all it amounts to is rolling dirt up against the plant base. Same as hilling.

Tilled between my potato rows today. Will side dress and hill them tomorrow.
Jumpins. I don’t even have my potatoes planted yet. I’ll plant mine around the first of June and start digging around middle of September.

I do have two rows of cobblers
planted and hoping to dig them by the end of June and give them away. They are not thru the ground yet, so hard to say if they will be ready when I think.

When do you dig yours JBRamsay ?

Noel

Jumpins. I don’t even have my potatoes planted yet. I’ll plant mine around the first of June and start digging around middle of September.

I do have two rows of cobblers
planted and hoping to dig them by the end of June and give them away. They are not thru the ground yet, so hard to say if they will be ready when I think.

When do you dig yours JBRamsay ?

Noel
I start digging mine sometime after the blooms drop off. I love fresh, out of the ground stewed potatoes. That’s early, but I just dig enough to make a meal here and there. I do the full dig after the vines die off.

Washed the minibike. Then I put a 2004 Honda ct70 clone up by the road. Paid 399 for it brand new in 2004. Sold it tonight for 1200! 172km on it. People are going nuts for off road stuff. New ones are 2000 online...

Might sell off a few of the vintage bikes. I can only ride one at a time and I only ride the two Chinese bikes anyway since the others are too nice to mess withm

Not working on a dang thing. The last 3 days at work have sucked bad! At least I have a couple off now. I guess I am working on my 3rd beer, does that count? Wife is out of town so I'm batching it too, so I might have 3 more! Sorry had to vent a little.

DAC

Hehe, go for it Doug. Why not. Chat away.

Ive been sipping on whiskey. And listening to country music.

Noel.
I probably should have went and bought a bottle of Crown but just came straight home to the nearest brewski! I'm too damm old for the nonsense that goes on working for the city!

Sounds like you listen to the same stuff I do Noel! Patsy Cline just played on my Ipod hooked to the old stereo.

DAC

Been getting a couple small cultivators back into working condition. The 'Lil Hoe' needed the gearbox taken apart and freed up.
DSCN5609.JPG

Next is an Earthquake with Viper engine. New Carb and fuel lines. I'll fire it off today, hope I don't have to get into it's gearbox.
DSCN5611.JPG DSCN5610.JPG DSCN5608.JPG

DSCN5607.JPG

Picked up a K341. Not sure what's wrong with it but I am really looking for a good crankshaft. Also got a crank that has a lot of aluminum stuck on the rod journal. I'll get some Muratic Acid for it.
DSCN5613.JPG DSCN5612.JPG DSCN5614.JPG

Got the idler pulley for the fan on 1512 yesterday. Saw FedX coming down the hill just as I was leaving for the wedding. That will get me up to 3 mowers back going again. Ordered parts for the L head. Going to re-ring it with new gaskets. Hopefully that will take care of the oil blowing out the vent.

Got some Muratic acid today. Crankpin cleaned up nicely. No grooves, best I can tell with my digital calipers it's good. Thinking about dipping the whole crank to clean the rust off. Sure cleaned it well at the crankpin.
DSCN5615.JPG DSCN5616.JPG

Back