What are you currently working on??

Sounds like a relaxing but productive trip, Dodge!

We had a lot of errands to do in town but while my wife was doing some paperwork this morning, I did get the deck pulled from the MF12G. The pin has let go from the weld underneath so the hole didn't go all the way through. I punched and drilled it out, leaving a little shoulder so the pin wouldn't fall through.
DSCN3230.JPG

Then a magnet was used to hold it square one way put a couple of welds on it then moved the magnet 90* and did the same thing. Found a spacer washer with a big enough hole to clear the welds and still space the idler bracket up the right amount.
DSCN3231.JPG DSCN3232.JPG

Flipped the deck over, cleaned for welding and hopefully the weld actually got penetration on the pin too.
DSCN3233.JPG

After we got back home late afternoon, Put the idler and belt on with a little grease on the pin, and mounted the deck back on the tractor. Ready to mow once again.
DSCN3234.JPG
DSCN3235.JPG

I did fire up the Bolens/MTD LT up and made a few passes around the abandon acre east of us, front half, but I did something wrong installing the variable speed belts or left something loose. Clutch works fine but it is stuck in a slow speed gear and won't shift up on the dash speed lever. It drove smooth but got to figure this mess out now! Hope I can get Thursday and Friday off.

DAC

Got the IH 1650 out and did some mowing yesterday. Lowered the deck to where we normally cut and it worked a lot better. These IH 50C decks do not lift the grass very good if run to high off the ground. Might try out the new to me Estate Rake I picked up Sunday. Was used rake but in good condition. I asked about the wheels. He said he kept them greased good and never had a problem. Got to looking it ove and zerks still had white paint over them. Pumped 1/4 tube of grease in each wheel before any started to show up. Bearings are still OK and turn quiet so no harm done.

1650 started surging when I mowed with it, slow and high speed. Got it in the shop, pulled the top off the carb and sprayed everything out good with carb cleaner and air. Will tackly the jets this afternoon and see if I can help it out some. Had 1/4" rain again this morning so no garden work. Might get couple trees planted this afternoon.

I'm off work for 6 days now so I tore into that pesky LT again to adjust belt linkage and the brake. Sure seems GT's are easier to work on! I put a "helper" spring on the clutch pedal too, hopefully can take it back off after these new belts wear in some. Seems to have all 6 forward speeds now. Going to try to do some mowing tomorrow if weather permits.

DAC

DSCN3236.JPG

Hehe. I had one that broke down while in garage , shed or an enclosure. Drove it in for storage in the fall. Went to start in spring, no start. Needed spark plug. ! How does a spark plug go bad sitting over winter and not sparking. ? Just what I experienced.

Noel

Got the new carb in for the 2 stroke tiller. Got it running but had a fuel leak. I had to tweak one of the carb fuel line fittings so to slide the line on further. It started pouring rain so I couldn't test it, but looks like the leak is fixed.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 4
Working on my daughter's minibike. The seat height is a bit much for her. So I'm gonna swap motors and parts between my bike which is a bit shorter and the seat isn't as wide as her bike. Got both engines off and all the rims and tires swapped. Tomorrow morning I'll button up the engines.

Got into the L Head this afternoon. Found a broken oil ring and the end of the middle ring was seized. All the ring gaps were within an inch of each other. No wonder there was blow by. Some minor scratched on the cylinder walls but will hone out OK i hope. #2 cylinder was better, rings were free but a piece of the bottom oil ring was missing. When back together will probably never see mowing duty again. Might use it as a yard donkey. Always wanted a 782 so as long as it runs.

Water is stinking pricey considering we overlook Lake Superior. Now that we have greenhouse the quarterly bill could double for the summer so installed this small pump. Not permanently secured,,just making sure it would work..envy of the ’hood,,,,only 2 houses on the street that didnt get their wells filled in5CE7B688-D78C-4D2C-94B9-7DF97DCCA07B.jpeg

We have a water system where we live jazz, think it was about 2012 when they dug it in. I never hooked up to it and still stuck with the well. Looks like a good source for all your watering needs, those pumps are pretty cheap so you'll be saving a lot of $$$!

Did a lot of crawling around on my knees and floor yesterday then again this afternoon after we got home. Finally got that freebie Jeep running well again. Those newfangled electrical and fuel line connectors kick my a$$. Constantly fight with them. The ECM had to be sent in twice but it was still fairly cheap at about 150 bucks total. Yesterday I put in the new fuel filter/regulator since the ecm seems to be working now. It ran great for over an hour yesterday so I figured I won the battle with those stupid connectors. WRONG! Started it up this morning before we left for a while and it died right away and was dumping gas back there somewhere. When we got back home i fired up the MF8E and pushed the "Heep" back in the shop. Put it up on stands again since I can't borrow Noel's hoist and was just going to turn the pump on and try to spot the leak. Decided to crawl under there again and the fuel pump line had come off completely! It's kind of a quick connect setup that sucks to reach laying on your back and not block the needed light with hands. It must not have fully "snapped" into place even though it ran for over an hour yesterday! I sprayed more penetrating oil into the connector and worked it by hand for a while. Pushed it back on and crawled out from under the dang thing. Fired it up and drove it for about 50 laps arounf my abandon go-kart track. Had no confidence to take it out on the road yet. Still dies when put in reverse now and then. Sounds like that could be the neutral safety switch so I may order one of those.

I'm a sore old geezer from crawling around and trying to reach places I can't see!

Oh I brought in a much easier truck to work on once the Heep got out of here too. The Ol' 55 is going to get an oil change!

DAC

You can use the hoist Doug. But, you got quite a drive to get here. Hehe. Hopefully you get the fearless freep going.

Ya, the 55 would be something normal to work on.
Noel

i just completed another wagon, will give it to grand daughter. Itsj a LEADER i got for $3. at a yard sale. Again,,recycled pallets to build the new body.

Attachments

• BD8FCD20-B7C2-4896-8B58-E5A08C1C0229.jpeg
    BD8FCD20-B7C2-4896-8B58-E5A08C1C0229.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 11
Carolyn ran her mower out of gas yesterday. Put gas in it would not make contact through the key so it sat there till I got to it today. Got another little 775 out to rake grass with. After about 100 feet the forward link to the foot pedal weld broke. Got another tractor out to do the raking with. Got the weld fixed and used the booster pack direct to the starter and got her mower going and in the shop now. Bought a new pulley for my diesel from Northern Tool on May 24th. NLA from MTD. Checked on it today and it is still being processed. A week to process an order for a 3" pulley ? ? Have another parts order that has been in a PO distribution center since May 24 waiting for acceptance ?? I guess this is the new norm any more.

Back