What are you currently working on??

Kind of beat from work but watered trees, cleaned the a/c out a bit and got it running for the season. I had forgotten to order wing window seals for the '55, so got them coming. Had gotten the door window seals a while back but since the door has to be taken apart, the wing window seals need to be done too. Ran the Heep for 15 minutes with the a/c on and it ran well. Yesterday it died a couple times. Will bring it back in the shop after I'm not so mad at it!

DAC

I have switched over to Makinzi vegetation killer this year. Cheaper than Round-Up buy a few $$ and ratio is less. 2% takes a while to start to get results so I went up to 3% and works faster. I spray the fences and drives, also around the flowers in the water garden. 1/2 gal sprayer at very low pressure and big droplets around keeper plants. Works good for spot treating thistles too.

What do you use Doug to kill the weeds. I probably can’t buy it here any way. But if it’s a home brew I could do that.

Noel
Still sticking with Round-Up, Noel! One pre-mixed jug will last all summer. I tried the epson salt, Dawn and vinegar mix before and it doesn't kill anything. It would brown the edges of dandelion leaves but not kill.

DAC

Son was at the house this afternoon while I was at work. He texted me saying some guy named "Matt" stopped by. He was looking for the owner of the MF1450. He is interested in buying it. It's sitting outside but it takes a pretty good eye to spot it from the road.---LOL! This picture is much closer!
DSCN3275.JPG

The white truck wasn't there, as I drove it to work. I don't want to sell yet, but I may call him just to see if there's a GT guy around here, and shoot the bull! Hopefully the driveshaft will be done pretty soon. Haven't been serious about working on it until I know it can move under it's own power.

Watered trees when I got home and drove the "Heep" around the yard for a half-hour. The A/C works great---LOL! When I first started driving it the outside temp said 94F which sounded about right. Then I looked up and saw this---
116.JPG

Figured I was driving around too slow so I sped up for awhile and saw this!
130.JPG

Someone must have dropped a nuke nearby for this sudden temp increase---LOL!

About all I got done tonight!

DAC

Got Carolyn's LT1018 in the shop. Would not activate the starter realy from the key. Checked the power coming out of the switch for the starter relay and had power in all position BUT the start position. Brake switch was eliminated 4 years ago when I put a different motor in it. Worked fine till the other day when she ran it out of gas. Finally found where they hid the starter relay. Had power to the relay in start position but nothing going through for the starter side. Removed the batt., batt. tray and got the old relay out. Checked with jumpers and no power going through. Grabbed a new relay and wired it in, used jumpers from the battery to make sure it would work from the key. Good to go as the motor tried to turn with light jumpers. Put everything back together and went to move it - nothing. Dead as a door nail. Not messing with it and those stupid safety switches & relays any more. Push button switch wired direct and it will start when required.

I have been working on getting my case 530 tractor running. It has been sitting for 10 years and has not been started during the 10 years. When I first tried 2 weeks ago there was no fuel coming out of the injection pump. After doing some research and buying a manual last weekend I cleaned up and resealed the injection pump. This weekend pump installed and tractor is running. I have it moved to my driveway to start the clean up and restoration work. I have the front screens in the garage. Plan on hitting it with pressure washer tomorrow. case 530 2021.jpg

What transmission does it have ?

Noel

Attachments

• D469DEDD-4F3C-4FB2-A0A0-8F2817825633.png
    D469DEDD-4F3C-4FB2-A0A0-8F2817825633.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 3
  • BBACFC01-6D94-4A0C-BA7F-95BB1A2AD50D.png
    BBACFC01-6D94-4A0C-BA7F-95BB1A2AD50D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
It has a 4 speed manual with a 2 speed hi-lo. I believe it was built in 1969, the serial number breaks on the 530's this on is in the highest number range. This was one of 2 tractors my dad started farming with in 1972, the other was a John Deere B. This was our main tractor for several years until my dad bought a JD 4010 diesel. This is the first tractor I ever drove as a kid.

It has a 4 speed manual with a 2 speed hi-lo. I believe it was built in 1969, the serial number breaks on the 530's this on is in the highest number range. This was one of 2 tractors my dad started farming with in 1972, the other was a John Deere B. This was our main tractor for several years until my dad bought a JD 4010 diesel. This is the first tractor I ever drove as a kid.
Pretty cool old Case, Ted! I sure don't blame you for wanting to restore that with such a deep family connection! Please keep us posted!

DAC

No tractor or truck work today. An old friend needs some numbers for a racecar he is building for his brother. Just a one color set, but I can't stand 99% of the number styles in fonts so I drew my own style and cut a small one on the old computer. I mean old! It's a 1999 Gateway hooked to a 1991 vinyl cutter. Much easier design program than these modern ones though. Scanned that one into the newer computer and software. Got 2 door numbers, one bigger roof number and 2 small numbers for the front and rear as the rules state ready for him to stick on.

DAC

DSCN3276.JPG DSCN3277.JPG

Backwoods fix on one of my craftsman riders, been beat and still keeps ticking.
The steering drag link popped off the ball, did the weld a washer over it since you have to replace the whole drag link.
Then tore apart the steering gears as they had tons of slop, the resin housing got wore out causing shaft to be super sloppy. I needed some type of bushing so I drill out a 3/8 nut, then drove it into the top of housing. Not the best, but now steering wheel doesn't have 3/4 turn of slop in it.

Before
20210605_173033.jpg

After
20210605_174828.jpg

Didn't work on anything. Saturday or Sunday.

Saturday morning I got up and rode the bike out to the lake and around back roads. Did about 150 miles then stopped and washed the dirt and dust of the bike.

We had a family minibike ride today. I picked up another bike (the one with the green fenders) off a guy who had bought it for his son to ride. Mom threw a fit. 700 dollar bike for 500. Never even had gas put in it. Great runner and perfect power for the 11 year old.

She is a bit short for it and fell over a few times. Took a bit of the fatherly tough love of get your butt back on the bike and lean to one side on a solid foot you don't need to flat foot both feet to stay up. Pick a side and use it. Preferably your left foot but either works for now. She also complained it was heavy. Tried to relate that my motorcycles weighs 500lbs. I weigh 170. Weight doesn't matter once you are moving. 20210604_132423.jpg20210605_082129.jpg20210606_193257.jpg20210606_193310.jpg

What is the black one? Don't think I've seen one with a jack shaft and chain on the right side. Looks cool with the frame up in the rear.

Its a megamoto 212 pro. It's the Cadillac of minibikes. Hydraulic brakes front and rear. Nice comfy seat. It's a great rider. Even though it has the most wild built motor my wife rides it. It's very stable and predictable. She just doesn't open the throttle more than 1/4 way

The frame kit with all the parts minus the motor is 560. I highly recommend it.

Back