What are you currently working on??

Daughter came here from 340 miles east for a funeral we have to go to tomorrow, but Monday we will have a little cookout with what friends of hers that still live in this area (3 I think) for her 30th birthday that was last week. She and her brother went into town for a while, so I did some more trimming and watered trees. Old friend I used to letter racecars for back in the '90's stopped by and had a couple beers with him. Hadn't seen him for 7-8 years. In town visiting his mom who lives about a mile from us.

Chances are I won't be on tomorrow. Probably will get back home kind of late.

DAC

Did a carb swap on the Sears 16/6 this morning, for rid of the Walbro and went with a Kohler. Had to make a plate to bolt to carb so I could bolt on air cleaner plate. I may do a write up when I put finish touches on. Tractor does run a little better, but need to fine tune some more.
Made a quick 10 min drawbar limit strap so the drawbar would not pivot with the ball trailers. It was light weight shelving material so I promptly bent it moving my 1000# water trailer.
The crazy thing today, my old rooster got out, when I caught him I figured I would clip his super long spurs. First one was fine. Tried to clip the second one, he squirmed so I just tightened up a little then when I cut the spur the whole sheath come off. He squirmed a bit then stopped. It was bleeding a little so when I moved him to get it to stop bleeding he was limp. I have not idea what happened....the shock of the sheath coming off gave him shock, maybe he had his neck under my arm that I didn't feel and broke it, I dunno. He was very old, but now no more.

Cleaning up from the mowing today. 15 gallons of mower poop from under the three decks.

Attachments

• 15 Cleanup 1.jpg
    15 Cleanup 1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 16 Cleanup 2.jpg
    16 Cleanup 2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 17 cleanup 3.jpg
    17 cleanup 3.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 8
For the past week I was off work at my full time job, most of the time was spent in the garage taking a tractor apart to get it ready for paint. image000001c.jpgAfter pressure washing and soaking down with degreaser 5 times there are still places of grease and dirt. I have taken a couple of control valves and mounts off the tractor to help with cleaning and painting. I have found a few surprises in the process, the worst one was 2 bent push rods. The other surprise, the block heater is original to the tractor, stamped JI Case along with the part number. image000001b.jpg The cord was missing and has been for some time, my dad installed a tank type block heater on the tractor. I plan to go back to the original style of block heater.

Got an email yesterday saying my 8hp predator is on backorder. :mad: Called Sioux Falls and that store has two in stock. They won't ship though. :mad: So I guess I'll be making a 90 mile drive down there tomorrow. Why does it take a business a week to tell you they don't have something.:mad:

Last edited:
Went through that with Northern Tool. 10 days after I ordered the item they figured out it was back ordered. Ended up getting a refund even thought they said it was shipped, but newer got here.

Got an email yesterday saying my 8hp predator is on backorder. :mad: Called Sioux Falls and that store has two in stock. They won't ship though. :mad: So I guess I'll be making a 90 mile drive down there tomorrow. Why does it take a business a week to tell you they don't have something.:mad:
Ooh ooh! Are you stopping at the Keg? I’ll go with and buy lunch if you stop there. Gosh, I miss their chicken.

Are you stopping at the Keg?
Never heard of it. The wife and I usually hit Red Lobster when in the area. She has an eating disorder and their food is something she enjoys and works good for her. Oddly enough Pizza Ranch is another and their chicken is to die for. Give it a try Cat.

Since I had the gall bladder removed a year + ago there is a lot of thing I can't eat. Still figuring out which & what works OK and what don't. Pizza Ranch has chicken that I like better then KFC. Not a greasy.

Last edited:
Used my power wheelbarrow ( JD-2025R) to haul a couple loader bucket loads of sawdust around the garden for mulching. Planted a few more green beans & filled in some marigolds. Did most of the daily watering, we need some rain, rainwater tote is getting low!

Pig burgers, fresh new potatoes & fresh peas (mix of sugar snap & regular peas) for dinner. 90* out now, so probably won't do much else today!

Never heard of it. The wife and I usually hit Red Lobster when in the area. She has an eating disorder and their food is something she enjoys and works good for her. Oddly enough Pizza Ranch is another and their chicken is to die for. Give it a try Cat.
I was at Pizza Ranch a couple weeks ago.
Honest, the chicken at the Keg is too notch. I-29 and 42, an exit or two south of the truck stop at 90 and 29.

Have a good sized plastic pond to level this morning. Move all the rock away, dig the sand out along one side and under. get it leveled and all filled back in again before it get hot. Should have left the water in it last winter.

If you get it done Roger fill it with water and take a cool dip. Suppose to get near 100 here today and imagine it will be hotter where your at. Wife is out picking strawberries right now while it's still cool.

Yes it is done. When I got ready to start I thought "Be easier to raise one side than lower 3" so that is the route I went. Full of water and the pump is working. Have one small pond pump to fix now. Fitting broke off at the end of a line to the cherub or what ever you call them cement statues that put out water. Going to freeze a couple bags this afternoon.

Son rebuilding tandem trailer I found,,he bought. This week he replaced the brakes, tires, all bushings, some gussets..Trailer will be like new,,needs it trouble free for hauling building supplies to lake lot..I am only painting and keeping our coffee cups full.

Boy used up the last of my Blueshield, he paid $125 to refill the bottle,,,last year was $87!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8622.JPG
    IMG_8622.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 11
Son rebuilding tandem trailer I found,,he bought. This week he replaced the brakes, tires, all bushings, some gussets..Trailer will be like new,,needs it trouble free for hauling building supplies to lake lot..I am only painting and keeping our coffee cups full.

Boy used up the last of my Blueshield, he paid $125 to refill the bottle,,,last year was $87!!!!

Is "Blueshield" the welding gas you use? Just plain old argon here. Good job getting that old trailer back in shape again!

DAC

Back