What are you currently working on??

I took the passenger door apart in the '55 GMC to install new window seals and wing window rubbers yesterday after work and had intentions to hit it again tonight. This afternoon there were a couple of breakdowns at work that ran this old fart into the ground. Too dang tired to work on anything. 3 days off now!

DAC

Used the two-rotor hay rake on Thursday, and although it worked, it sure was abused in its previous life.
Already replaced the 8 tires and hydraulic hoses. The main shaft of the rear rotor is bent, and one of the front wheel units is also bent - I couldn't bend that back, so resorted to using 4 x thick washers sandwiched between the two plates on the lower two bolts.
It did work and hay was made, but it's always sad to see that someone can completely abuse what is otherwise awesome & very exensive machinery! :rolleyes:

P10609-200645(1).jpg

My back went out on Monday, I've been working on just getting up and down without being in buttloads of pain. I can't remember ever having my back spasms/pain last this long before, I barely make it through the day at work. I look like "Mr Tudball" walking around.

My back went out on Monday, I've been working on just getting up and down without being in buttloads of pain. I can't remember ever having my back spasms/pain last this long before, I barely make it through the day at work. I look like "Mr Tudball" walking around.
Hope that gets better soon!

Heal up fast, Marty! Cool hay rake Pig, and a really nice picture!

Had some other stuff to do before I could get out in the shop today. Finally worked on the '55 starting about 2pm. Got the right door wing window assembly apart, cleaned up, and assembled with new rubber and window felt in the channel. Have to drill rivets and even had the right ones in my rivet kit for assembly!

DAC

DSCN3297.JPG DSCN3298.JPG DSCN3299.JPG

Got the right side door done. Had a little trouble with the beltline brush/felts. Those are the ones at the bottom of the window opening that lay horizontal. The holes for them to snap into are wallered out in the old truck. Instead of taking everything back apart and welding the holes smaller I got out JB weld. The truck is a beater. All I'm after is to reduce the pressure washer spray blowing on the backside of the windshield when it gets washed along with being a little less drafty and rattly. The only show it has ever won was an "ugly truck contest" up by Mt. Rushmore! What the heck, it paid a hundred bucks to win it!

DAC

DSCN3303.JPG DSCN3304.JPG

Got the new engine installed and it runs like a champ. This Predator has way more power than the old Tecumseh ever had. This will till at half throttle and the Techy would have puked trying to do that. It's very quiet and starts on the first pull most of the time. Hope it continues to work this well.

Got the new engine installed and it runs like a champ. This Predator has way more power than the old Tecumseh ever had. This will till at half throttle and the Techy would have puked trying to do that. It's very quiet and starts on the first pull most of the time. Hope it continues to work this well.
I can say the same thing about the 13 hp Predator I put in the MF12G, Chris, plus the fuel consumption is about half what the HH120 used. It's been close to 6 years now and still runs like it did new. All I've done is change oil and air filters occasionally.

DAC

Not a very productive day. My wife and I had a zoom meeting this morning for retirement planning and soon as that was over she started feeling sick. Not because of the meeting, that went all right---LOL! Her doc put her on some pre-diabetes meds and they made her sick. That's what she thinks anyway. She quit taking them after two doses because of the side affects.

That meant I had to do all our in town errands and go to Sam's Club for groceries and supplies. Pretty much took the rest of the afternoon.

I think I had mentioned that I've been feeding an old beat up cat that lives under the abandon trailer house next door. Got a surprise a couple days ago. The old cat has vanished but there is a small mother cat with 4 kittens over there now. Working with a no-kill shelter to live trap them and try to find a home for them now. It's a matter of time before someone drags that house out of there and renovates the lot since land prices have gone insane around here. The cat population better get controlled now not later. Woman that used to live there had 27 cats live trapped that were living under the house about 10 years ago. The old one we were feeding was the one she kept.

I did get the drivers door glass pulled out of the '55 tonight so I can tinker with that after work this week.

No mowing Monday report, Noel! It's not growing very fast right now.

DAC

If your still crippled up in a week or start getting hot and cold flashed in your legs you better go see a doctor. Hope you get to feeling better.
Never heard of the hot or cold flashes from back pain. I've dealt with back issues for 30+ yrs, this one was probably the worst though. It started freeing up over the weekend, still some lingering nagging pain, but doesn't hurt so bad being up to stand up it bend over. Amazing what your body will do when you do normal actions, I has just squatted down to look for something under the work bench and when I stood up, everything thing locked up. Done it a hundred times, back just didn't like it this time.

Exhaust manifold gaskets arrived. I was expecting a envelope. Packaging must be cheap. FEL-PRO clearing sale. $3 a set

Attachments

• 3971987E-3C42-4245-B2AB-7BE3FAA75E1D.jpeg
    3971987E-3C42-4245-B2AB-7BE3FAA75E1D.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 9
Never heard of the hot or cold flashes from back pain.
Even after extensive surgery my feet are still numb and get hot, cold and tingling running down the outside of my legs. Not as bad as before but still happens on occasions. Others have mentioned they get the same sensations. Caused by nerve damage or compressed nerves.

Pulled the old wing window rubber out of the 55's frame but that's far as I got. The driveshaft for the MF1450 is almost done so I brought it home to test fit. Still need 2 more 3/8" spacers then it will be ready to install! Will have to go to the hardware store and get bolts too.

DAC

DSCN3306.JPG DSCN3307.JPG

Back