What are you currently working on??

Working digging my stump. Tree blew down in the front yard this spring and the wife doesn't like the new ornament. 20210616_114125.jpg
Trimming some of the roots with a Sawsall.
20210616_114252.jpg
Moved lots of dirt.20210616_114225.jpg
Got it out of the hole and she still doesn't like it. I told her it was driftwood just hadn't drifted yet.
20210623_202450.jpg
Nothing I own will begin to lift it so all I can do is roll it a little at a time.
Don

Got the new drive shaft for the MF1450 painted, mainly to hold back rust some rather than makin' it pretty. The tractor is ugly as can be, and will probably not get improved much.

It's got to come back apart to install so then I will torque the bolts and lube the splines Going to put some blue Loctite on the bolts too.

DAC

DSCN3309.JPG

Heavy rain & high wind last night gave me a new project to work on, 15" at the break:HPIM3257.JPG

HPIM3259.JPG

I've chipped two Gator loads so far, at least one more load to go of the small stuff: HPIM3209.JPG

Fortunately, it didn't hit anything but the yard & some other smaller trees!

Had intentions of getting most of that door window weatherstrip project on the '55 GMC closer to wrapping it up tonight but the old truck had to throw a wrench into things. The drivers side wing window frame is broken. The seals were so rock hard that was all that was holding the pieces together. Just getting the old seal out took well over an hour, chiseling out pieces and sliding the chunks to one end of the frame or the other. Couldn't find a better frame anywhere local so I'm going to try to repair it. The two pieces in the pics are supposed to be one piece and there is about a half inch of metal missing. I'm not real confident that I can weld that thin of metal so I'm thinking about brazing it. Will have to go buy some flux rod.

Sure was hoping to get the MF1450 in here and get the new driveshaft installed but it still has to wait until the truck can go outside.

DAC

DSCN3310.JPG DSCN3311.JPG DSCN3312.JPG

DSCN3313.JPG DSCN3316.JPG

Got some rod today and this afternoon got the brazing done then installed the rubber. That all went ok . I shake so bad that it was a little tough brazing clean but it seems to hold well. I'm going to pull the glass and frame back out. The glass frame is bent and the top swivel pin is loose. I'll cut the glass out, do the repairs and assemble it, along with finding a new lever. I'll just keep the wing window closed until I find one.

DAC

DSCN3320.JPG DSCN3318.JPG IMG_0480.JPG

Might want to keep an eye on the bark of that Ash tree.... The beetles will finish it off. It looks like a warzone in my area with the thousands of dead ash

Emerald Ash Borers haven't been confirmed here --- yet, but they are in the general area. This tree is too big to treat, so it'll just have to be. Double trunk over 2-1/2 feet in diameter each!

It's sad out here. The last 2 big ash trees are dead now on my property. My cousin has at least 50 dead ones. They mostly grew along the roadsides. It is going to get real interesting what the utility companies are going to do. I am sure nothing until they fall

Good job Doug. One less thing to worry about.
Thanks, Chris. This has been an adventure. Wish the drivers side went as well as the passenger side did!

Think it might be ready for final assembly after the silicone sets up.

Got the glass pulled out of the wing window frame. I installed it back in 2010, so not original. Straightened it's frame to fit the new rubber. Didn't know back then it was bent as it fit the crusty old rubber ok. Brazed the top pivot pin and gave it a quick coat of satin black since I burned original paint off.
Gooped the glass back in the frame. May get some time tomorrow, but we'll see. I need to mow and my wife will be off work so everything is subject to change. Also have a new lever on order so that will finish this part of the job off for now.

DAC

DSCN3337.JPG DSCN3338.JPG DSCN3339.JPG

DSCN3340.JPG DSCN3341.JPG

Still haven't got the engine block back yet. Was told Thursday. Called Friday and told it would be Monday. Will be close this afternoon so will stop in. When I brought it in I asked "2-3weeks?" Shouldn't be that long he said. Was 4 weeks last Friday but they did have a couple emergencies come so I can understand that.

Back