What are you currently working on??

The seat on the Massey was a little on the small size.
I worked over and painted a larger one.
A friend had given me a backrest bracket and pad which got refurbished also.
Once installed and tried out I'm happy with them.
I had not seen any of these backrests before or since. Wishing I had four more of them.

Attachments

• 20210819_183632.jpg
    20210819_183632.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210819_183636.jpg
    20210819_183636.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210819_183900.jpg
    20210819_183900.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210819_184141.jpg
    20210819_184141.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210819_184243.jpg
    20210819_184243.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210819_184259.jpg
    20210819_184259.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210819_184315.jpg
    20210819_184315.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 8
The seat on the Massey was a little on the small size.
I worked over and painted a larger one.
A friend had given me a backrest bracket and pad which got refurbished also.
Once installed and tried out I'm happy with them.
I had not seen any of these backrests before or since. Wishing I had four more of them.
Thank-you for the updates on your MF8E, Rick! That tractor looks great and also practical! I like your buggy for hauling kids and your wife! Some day I will be hauling home a butt buggy laying out on a ranch my wife's aunt owns but we have no grandkids and probably never will. Then, where do I haul my wife around at---LOL! I still want the darn thing though!

The 13HP Predator I swapped into the MG12G has been completely trouble free, and uses a lot less gas than the HH120 that came off of it. It was not a bolt in swap by any means but managed to make it work well with help from plenty of folks back in the GTT days. Almost 6 years now.

Will (Iamsherwood) posted dimensions to build those battery covers for the MF8E many years ago on GTT. I need to go check and see if I can find them. That cover looks so good on there wether it needs a battery or not.

DAC

Will (Iamsherwood) posted dimensions to build those battery covers for the MF8E many years ago on GTT. I need to go check and see if I can find them. That cover looks so good on there wether it needs a battery or not.

DAC
[/QUOTE]
I've got those drawings somewhere. Will was very helpful when I started on this tractor. (Wonder what ever happened to him).
I didn't have a good trans, cover or a battery cover. So I made my own of each.
If I ever go back to an original trans cover I'll do the original battery cover also.

DAC
I've got those drawings somewhere. Will was very helpful when I started on this tractor. (Wonder what ever happened to him).
I didn't have a good trans, cover or a battery cover. So I made my own of each.
If I ever go back to an original trans cover I'll do the original battery cover also.
[/QUOTE]
You fooled me on that one, Rick, I didn't even notice that the trans cover and battery cover wasn't original! They look great!

I've got a "seat story" on my MF8E. I got the tractor about 30 years ago and the original owner had cut off an old fiberglass race car seat and I used it for a couple decades that way until it landed me in the hospital overnight in December 2010. I had to have a couple of surgeries in mid November of that year. First one to remove a tumor on the colon. 5 days later the surgeon had to remove more due to infection. That still didn't stop the infection so a hose was stuck into my lower back and i had to wear what I called a "puss bag". Had daily antibiotic infusions so I had to drive into town every morning and my wife had to get to work. We had a heavy snow just before Christmas and we didn't have awd or 4x4s then so I went out to plow snow. That stupid seat pinched off that hose going into my back. My wife was having to flush a couple of saline syringes into the hose every morning and every night. That night she noticed it was pinched. Went to the ER, White cell count was way up again so the old hose had to come out and a new one had to go in. Not a good feeling deal but it got done. Still took two more months for the infection to clear up. Had to go back into the hospital for 5 more days in January too for aggressive antibiotic treatments as the new hose wasn't the cure. I'm allergic to penicillin so they seemed to be lost on how to treat that problem.

Anyway I never tried to plow snow again until a different seat went on the tractor. Was able to get to Tractor Supply and buy one of those padded pan seats in late January and felt good enough to put on the tractor. It is still on there. I never knew about tractor enthusiasts until July of 2011 when I bought the MF12G and ran across GTT. I was still not 100% at that time but was fortunate the deal on that tractor came up then!

Sorry about the long story but it was kinda related to MF8E's---LOL!

DAC

[/QUOTE]

Anyway I never tried to plow snow again until a different seat went on the tractor. Was able to get to Tractor Supply and buy one of those padded pan seats in late January and felt good enough to put on the tractor. It is still on there. I never knew about tractor enthusiasts until July of 2011 when I bought the MF12G and ran across GTT. I was still not 100% at that time but was fortunate the deal on that tractor came up then!

[/QUOTE]
Glad you recovered! Sounds like that seat was a PITA!
I have one of those fiberglass seats up in the rack.
It was sept. 2011 when i found GTT. First posting was about this executive.

Thanks Rick! I'm not sure what my first posting was over there but it was about both MF's probably! Had no clue old garden tractors were actually popular to some folks!

We both stumbled on to GTT within a couple months of each other!

DAC

Tonight after work it was still windy but nice. Rain gone. Yesterday, new burners for our BBQ grill arrived so went to go get then swapped out. This is going to turn into a rant, so brace yourselves or move on---LOL! There are "hairclips" holding on the burner tubes. Can't remember the right name for them but we use them on our tractors too. Didn't take pics sorry. It's a three year old 5 burner grill and I had to destroy 3 clips to get them out. I'll put new ones in. We don't use the grill but maybe once a week during the summer and that's it. Sam's Club brand kids gave us for Christmas.

I'm in the same boat as Larrybl right now as the screws that hold the igniters to the burner tubes won't break loose. Tubes are out other than that. I went ahead and squirted some Yield on then and will try again tomorrow.

NOW the rant. Would someone explain to me how a silver looking steel that is still highly magnetic qualifies as "stainless steel"? A stainless steel bolt or pipe fittings and other hardware is not magnetic yet all this other crap can be marketed as stainless? It happens at work all the time and this stupid grill is magnetic as well as the "stainless steel" burner tubes I ordered!

Rant over!

DAC

Hehe. Great rant. I like it. Chinese mixture of stuff I’d say. I seen a stove in a persons house one time while I was in the propane business, that was stainless steel sides oven door and broiler door. Had to replace the outer broiler drawer stainless steel cover. It was rusted.

Noel

Had plans to go "somewhere" today but those got blown up. So working in the garage playing with my new Bobcat mower. Wiring about done, got the fuel pump ironed out (I think, haven't tried to start it yet) got an oil drain extension on, made of 3/8" pipe fittings, so I can change oil without it dumping out all over the engine base, got the hour meter and to build a battery tray (original engine was pull start only, this one is electric start) and it'll be usable.

Getting my 69 Simplicity fired up again. It’s been sitting way too long. I pulled the tank to clean it, new fuel line, cleaning electrical connections with a new battery and cables. I fired it on starter fluid by jumping the starter. I’ll finish the electrical connections, button it up tomorrow and see what happens.

Attachments

• C5F3E3A0-A26A-407C-9E31-083B9B2D2C49.jpeg
    C5F3E3A0-A26A-407C-9E31-083B9B2D2C49.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 11
  • E952A118-04AC-4745-A6DB-52FCE043AE72.jpeg
    E952A118-04AC-4745-A6DB-52FCE043AE72.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 11
Thank-you for the updates on your MF8E, Rick! That tractor looks great and also practical! I like your buggy for hauling kids and your wife! Some day I will be hauling home a butt buggy laying out on a ranch my wife's aunt owns but we have no grandkids and probably never will. Then, where do I haul my wife around at---LOL! I still want the darn thing though!

The 13HP Predator I swapped into the MG12G has been completely trouble free, and uses a lot less gas than the HH120 that came off of it. It was not a bolt in swap by any means but managed to make it work well with help from plenty of folks back in the GTT days. Almost 6 years now.

DAC
Wow I was thinking about Will the other day those were the good old days on GTT.

Pulled the White 1855 in the shop installed the Led headlights and put new bulbs in the tail lights. I went to pull it back out and oil started blowing out from underneath. The hydraulic lift cylinder was leaking where the rod goes in and out. I guess that’s another winter project. I rebuilt the one on my 990 so I know it’s not that bad. I have the notes of the O Rings that those take in my 990 book.

I had no brakes on the Simplicity 3415H that I got a few days ago. I cleaned the brake band and did some adjustments now all that’s good. I pulled the deck out and was amazed how good this thing looks. I’m going to open the belt covers tomorrow I’m worried about what that looks like. I may just go ahead and strip it down clean everything and paint it. I hate that gray primer someone put on it.
A33F8717-9D38-466A-BBFA-0E3EFDCF673E.jpeg

Cleaned up beside the house today. Junk pile got out of control. Got rid of all that and sprayed the weeds.

Then last rain storm I noticed the gutter on the back of the house was over flowing and it looked like a water fall when I looked out the back window in the kitchen.

Got the ladder out, bucket and a little gardening shovel. Took 1 full 5 gallon bucket out of a 20 foot gutter. Took the garden hose up and rinsed and checked it for drainage.

Then that same rain storm water backed up at the bottom of the basement steps and water started coming in the door. First time it ever happened. I got the digging around on the slab at the bottom of the stairs and found the drain was covered by several leaves. Cleaned that up and hosed it all down. Drain seems to be working fine. Never even knew there was a drain there. Lived here over 10 years and never paid attention I guess.

Also had sat up the inflatable water slide for the kids Friday night. They played on it a lot this weekend. It's a real chore to put away but they love it. Cleaned it, got the water out, dried, used the shop vac to suck the air out, folded and back into the bag. Takes 30 seconds to put up. An hour to put away.

Back working on my floor. Have to replace some of the subfloor because it’s not even and will create problems with my hardwood.

Attachments

• 0923403C-E7A9-46E8-A350-7E0B2192EE41.jpeg
    0923403C-E7A9-46E8-A350-7E0B2192EE41.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 92C2C40C-7D66-495C-BDEC-0759D91990E8.jpeg
    92C2C40C-7D66-495C-BDEC-0759D91990E8.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 4
  • B7E684A4-3294-4361-8A63-767798740FF6.jpeg
    B7E684A4-3294-4361-8A63-767798740FF6.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 4
Back