What are you currently working on??

Waiting for 3:30 to get here and get the weekend started.
Rare slow afternoon shaping up, thinking of taking it off. Too much good stuff going on this weekend. Hot rod power tour in town only 50 miles away, 1/2 century of progress farm show even closer than that, from here at work. Probably won't be able to get to either this year. Big auction tomorrow I'd like to go hit up, lots of snap on goodies.

Fighting a good old fashioned summer cold anyway. Feel just fine the last 2 days but just can't talk since then. Started feeling the cold come on last Saturday, while working in the garage at home. (NO it's not "covid," it's one of the gazillion ailments that existed before that scam was "discovered".

Rare slow afternoon shaping up, thinking of taking it off. Too much good stuff going on this weekend. Hot rod power tour in town only 50 miles away, 1/2 century of progress farm show even closer than that, from here at work. Probably won't be able to get to either this year. Big auction tomorrow I'd like to go hit up, lots of snap on goodies.

Fighting a good old fashioned summer cold anyway. Feel just fine the last 2 days but just can't talk. Started last Saturday while working in the garage at home. (NO it's not "covid," it's one of the gazillion ailments that existed before that scam was "discovered".

I'd would have loved to hit that this year. They get close to me. Hour or so drive. I'd like to have met Derek from vice grip garage.

Fighting a good old fashioned summer cold anyway. Feel just fine the last 2 days but just can't talk since then. Started feeling the cold come on last Saturday, while working in the garage at home. (NO it's not "covid," it's one of the gazillion ailments that existed before that scam was "discovered".
Yeah you blow your nose or sneeze anymore they think you got the plandemic

I have one room in the house that has never been touched. It's a little 10x12 room off from the kitchen that the kids used as a play room. One of those rooms you don't worry about it being a mess...just close the door.

It was time to clean it up and repair it. 12 years and 3 kids worth of toys. I loaded my truck bed with double stacked totes of organized toys and donated them to the local church that runs a charity for kids. Also dropped of 3 55 gallon bags of clothes. I hope it gets some use.

Tore out the old carpet. Took the sprayer in and shut the door. Masked off the windows and sprayed the whole room with white stain block primer/sealer. Then sprayed the ceiling white. Then rolled the walls a cyan blue. Put down carpet. Moved my computer desk, hung a 55" TV, and adeline is the only one that plays with toys so I set her doll house and barbies up on the other side of the room. Also threw up a tote organizer shelf that has her other trinkets in.

I got tired of my man cave being in the basement. Too cold in the winter. Being an unfinished basement I got spider webs and bugs, dirt and dust no matter how much I cleaned. Plus it was moist at times from the other areas get damp occasionally.

Last edited:
I have one room in the house that has never been touched. It's a little 10x12 room off from the kitchen that the kids used as a play room. One of those rooms you don't worry about it being a mess...just close the door.

It was time to clean it up and repair it. 12 years and 3 kids worth of toys. I loaded my truck bed with double stacked totes of organized toys and donated them to the local church that runs a charity for kids. Also dropped of 3 55 gallon bags of clothes. I hope it gets some use.

Tore out the old carpet. Took the sprayer in and shut the door. Masked off the windows and sprayed the whole room with white stain block primer/sealer. Then sprayed the ceiling white. Then rolled the walls a cyan blue. Put down carpet. Moved my computer desk, hung a 55" TV, and adeline is the only one that plays with toys so I set her doll house and barbies up on the other side of the room. Also threw up a tote organizer shelf that has her other trinkets in.

I got tired of my man cave being in the basement. Too cold in the winter. Being an unfinished basement I got spider webs and bugs, dirt and dust no matter how much I cleaned. Plus it was moist at times from the other areas get damp occasionally.

That’s the way a cave is suppose to be Aaron. Hehe. You got it fixed up so nice the whole family will be in there. No longer a man cave. Hehe.

Noel

No tractor work this weekend. After mowing Saturday a race from Daytona came on, wife was at work. I'm going to be using the old chop saw to build some stuff on the 1450 so while the race was going on I started modifying an old welding cart I got from scrap at work. The old one I built a million years ago was fine but the welding cart has expanded steel shelves so a lot of the grindings will fall though rather than just building up on the plywood shelf of the old one.

Got them both cut off and tacked the frame from the old one to the welding cart.
DSCN3644.JPG DSCN3645.JPG DSCN3646.JPG

DSCN3647.JPG DSCN3648.JPG DSCN3649.JPG

DSCN3651.JPG

That was it for Saturday night, and we were out of town until late last night. Had to do errands this morning and finally got out to the shop for awhile. Finished welding the mount to the welding cart. I used Noel's trick this time. I knew there was a pair of reading glasses around here somewhere. Found them finally and tried them while welding. I think it really helped! Now I'll probably order some cheaters for the helmet since 1.5 reading glasses made a difference! There was lots of thunder going on outside, but I blew the cart off good, took it outside and sprayed some primer on it. No rain so found an old can of some weird color that I figured might make it and sprayed that on too.
DSCN3652.JPG DSCN3653.JPG

Sorted the pieces, threw a bunch in a scrap bucket that went on the base of the old cart after I cut the rest of the legs off. Probably saving too much cut off stuff, but sometimes I'm glad I did. That was it for today.

DAC

Looks great Doug. That colour reminds me of some thing from years ago. Sorta like dads 73 chev 1/2 ton.

Noel
Thanks, Noel! I forgot to look at what color it was before I threw the can in the garbage! Just using up some old stuff and really didn't care what color it was---LOL! Chevy might have used a similar color back then!

DAC

Back