What are you currently working on??

The wife reverse engineered the backrest pad and made me four new ones. We installed them and some foam onto the boards I cut and shaped.
after attaching to the brackets and installing onto the seats, I now have a backrest on each of the tractors with pan seats.

Attachments

• 20210921_102009.jpg
    20210921_102009.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210921_103328.jpg
    20210921_103328.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210921_103338.jpg
    20210921_103338.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210921_104454.jpg
    20210921_104454.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210921_104503.jpg
    20210921_104503.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210921_104610.jpg
    20210921_104610.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210921_104615.jpg
    20210921_104615.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 7
I put the plow onto the "Frankenstein" tractor. Here after known as Frankie.
Yesterday I polished the moldboard as best I could and coated it with a silicone spray to protect it until it goes into the dirt.
Set the left side up on 5" blocks, adjusted the hitch to meet the mounting on the plow when the hitch is bottomed out.
Plow is as square to the tractor and as plum as I can get it. The rear of the landside is raised about 1/2". It should be darn close to what i need to plow a clean furrow.
Maybe tomorrow I can get the 782 ready.

Attachments

• 20210924_134402.jpg
    20210924_134402.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210924_140747.jpg
    20210924_140747.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210924_140759.jpg
    20210924_140759.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 10
My garage is a big obstacle course, yet I went garage saling today.... Didn't come home with much, drove past most of them. Had 1 thing that I really debated buying but for my son... He's always using my jack stands. Granted I don't use them much any more since I have a 2 post lift but there are times that I need them/ usually when they are 20 miles away in his garage.
The thing that drew me to them was they were a nice older set of 4, all the same. I have 3 sets (6 total) all different heights.so it makes it hard to get anything "even".... Older, US made, and all 4 of the same ones. Told him I'd think on it, I drove by some others and decided to go back for those stands then decide whether to keep these and give the kid the mismatched ones or keep those and give him these. That town has alot of curves and bends, not many straight roads and it took me a bit to find the guy again. When I did I saw that they were gone. I did spend $2 there the 1st time on a couple of the Coleman lantern funnels. Other than a stop at a Casey's gas station for a donut and chocolate milk that was all I spent......
I did see a cool radio control plane with 2 controllers that I liked that seemed more than reasonable that I thought about buying.
I did stop at one sale that always has nearly new GT tires sitting out, he had them the last 2-3 years but he was nuts in his prices so I let them sit. I never even got to the "old section" of town, wasted plenty of time cruising around the newer sections, and needed to get back here and get some stuff done. (Haha)

On the way home I got a call from a long time friend asking me if I wanted a drill press. I already have an old Rockwell Delta floor model so I don't need another one. This guy's an old welding teacher who'd ended up with this from his old work years ago and never used it. Just like mine except a bench top model. I called my son, he said he'd take it so I just came home with that. This one is the same as mine exactly except for being the bench top version where the one I've had for years is the floor model version
Those of you who have taken any shop classes back in high school, probably know the one I mean it seems like all of the schools had the same ones. I decoded mine some years ago, and found out it's a 1973 model. I think the drill head on the new one I got today is the very same thing.
So now to wait for the kid to get here and decide which one he wants. Definitely no "made in China" about either one.

Last edited:
Worked on clean up after the furnace partial install yesterday. Cut a 5/8" plywood piece 243" sq. to lay over thye hole in the floor where the old furnace sat. Have to vacuum the walls and all good before I did that. Will paint the walls and make a goat closet out of that hole. Vacuumed up most of the basement floor where rust pieces fell from the gas pipe, laid one piece of carpet back, put the cover back on the electrical panel and few other things to kind of tidy up a bit. Guys will be back Monday to finish up. Will get the AC going first, then work on gas line and outside vent and AC water line to the drain line. Pump on the furnace so no lines across the floor like they used to do years ago.

Last edited:
Guy called and said he was bringing me something to work on. Showed up with an Outlander?, whatever that is. Said it ran hot (watercooled). Told him to take it back home, not a 4-cycle engine for starters and I am not a 2-cycle guru!
I would reconsider heading in that direction if you could use the work. I know a guy and his son that had a repair business on old GT’s for years. Back when the market turned to Zero Turns, ATV’s along with UTV’s that’s the direction they went. I went out there one day not knowing this for a part and it was unbelievable not a GT in sight. Repair work needed for the change in toys.

I would reconsider heading in that direction if you could use the work. I know a guy and his son that had a repair business on old GT’s for years. Back when the market turned to Zero Turns, ATV’s along with UTV’s that’s the direction they went. I went out there one day not knowing this for a part and it was unbelievable not a GT in sight. Repair work needed for the change in toys.
I'm getting too old to learn these ATV's. Most I see, you spend half a day removing parts to see the engine! No thanks.

On another note, had this given to me today. Been cleaning, lubing and adjusting this afternoon. I have the one blade guide off as the upper roller is not working, have is soaking. May look for a replacement in a bit. Made a cut with it, some 2X2 U-channel. Pretty close to square. I'll tweak and play with it some more tomorrow.
DSCN0115.JPG DSCN0117.JPG

It's real similar to the Jet saws!

I haven't hit a flea market or garage sale in quite some time. Thinking about it. Last time I went my son was 1.5 close to 2. He was really into Thomas the train and I found a ton of Thomas toys. He is 7 now.

I'm getting too old to learn these ATV's. Most I see, you spend half a day removing parts to see the engine! No thanks.

On another note, had this given to me today. Been cleaning, lubing and adjusting this afternoon. I have the one blade guide off as the upper roller is not working, have is soaking. May look for a replacement in a bit. Made a cut with it, some 2X2 U-channel. Pretty close to square. I'll tweak and play with it some more tomorrow.
View attachment 42863 View attachment 42862

Looks like a great score to me, Kenny! I have wanted one for a long time but have Dodge's problem. No room. We have one at work I use occasionally, but in about 1 year and 10 months I won't have access to it any more!

DAC

I haven't hit a flea market or garage sale in quite some time. Thinking about it. Last time I went my son was 1.5 close to 2. He was really into Thomas the train and I found a ton of Thomas toys. He is 7 now.
We went to one last week. It's at yearly truck/tractor/engine show. Usually I spend alot and bring home too much. Times have changed I spent 4 bucks on peach ice cream, 6 bucks on 2 big bags of the best roasted peanuts. The little guy found a Lionel tanker for his Christmas train. The flea market was a total bust. No engine stuff. Seemed like it was left over crap from peoples yard sales. I was totally disappointed, but my wallet was happy

We went to one last week. It's at yearly truck/tractor/engine show. Usually I spend alot and bring home too much. Times have changed I spent 4 bucks on peach ice cream, 6 bucks on 2 big bags of the best roasted peanuts. The little guy found a Lionel tanker for his Christmas train. The flea market was a total bust. No engine stuff. Seemed like it was left over crap from peoples yard sales. I was totally disappointed, but my wallet was happy

One we used to frequent had 2 guys that always had a trailer full of small engine stuff and tractor parts. Bought way too many tecumseh engines off them. Last time we were there he wasn't set up. Asked another regular and they said he had passed away...

If we were looking for a part and he didn't have it the next week he would have it on his trailer for us.

We went for the first time in awhile at a flea market we always enjoyed on the third Sunday of the month. A big disappointment. The things we liked were so high or it was junk. I like Texaco memorabilia and seen a five gallon Texaco oil can I liked but not for $90. The best thing we got was a smoked ham sandwich and waffle fries.

View attachment 42863 View attachment 42862

Looks Identical to mine,,local saw shop makes replacement blades for $20 any tooth count. Only drawback is the throat is only 3 1/2" on the saw but I have dealt with that for 10 years. Sold my chop saw, only use angle grinder if I have to for cutting:thumbs:

I like a horizontal band saw but like some have mentioned they take up a lot of room. I’ve looked at a few but never pulled the trigger on one. So far I can get by with the chop saw and right angle grinder. Congrats Kenny!

Back