What are you currently working on??

New fan clutch just got in for the Durango, guess I'll be doing that later today or tomorrow.
Heavy rains washed out my gravel again, threw the sleeve hitch on Ole Purple and forgot that one of the adjuster bolt nuts broke off the last time I used it. Cleaned that up, welded it on and smoothed the canyons back out in driveway.
Then as I was backing the 16/6 in the barn, noticed back tire was flat. I mowed the field last weekend so most likely picked something up. Hoping I didn't lose much or any fluid in tire.

Also spending was too much time on setting up my new cell phone. While at Daniel's, I tossed the old one on the seat with one hand as I shut the door with the other. Well it bounce and I shut it in the door cracking screen. It lasted 3 days before screen went white and I could not access it. Verizon basically gave me an $800 phone for free with trade in since mine was paid off. Woo-hoo.

Setting up a cell phone just plain sucks! I think they make it so damm difficult to discourage you from switching providers!

Worked on that hydro LT for a friend today, and I'm ready to try to mow with it again tomorrow or Monday, depending on the weather.

Last night I welded up a bunch of cracks in the muffler housing and painted it with high heat flat black. Looks like folks think those front mounted mufflers are bumpers.

I made 3/16" shims to lower the pulley brakes to hopefully get the blades to come to a complete stop when the deck height lever is in the disengage position. I don't like that setup at all but it is what it is. The belt is supposed to keep moving but release the deck pulleys enough to slip through them when disengaged from what I can figure. Never did find any info on this particular setup.
DSCN4354.JPG

Then, I put the hood back on and did a cosmetic thing. Since I have never seen a black LT or GT, I gave it a quick wipe down with Penetrol.
It cleaned up fairly well.
DSCN4358.JPG DSCN4359.JPG

Hope that stupid thing will function as it should!

DAC

That LT pictured above did do a decent job mowing the whole acre today. engine ran great, but would bog some in thick grass 5 inches or so tall. Just had to slow down. That cutting deck setup of the belt slipping to stop the blades is a dumb design though. The belt will start smoking on the engine pulley if they are left off very long. Need to get the blades spinning soon as possible after start up. I got mad at that switch on the reverse gear that kills the engine if the deck is engaged when wanting to back up. I unplugged that pesky thing. The hydro worked very smoothly and can creep forward or reverse very slowly, which I do like. Still can't like the fender hydro control though. I barely ever got to let go of that lever mowing my yard. To quote Noel, "Your results may vary"---LOL! All in all I guess it is a good lawn mower, but I like what I got better! Will deliver it to the friend it belongs to in a week or so. I put the seat from my wife's little LT on it and the battery is weak so I will go get that stuff at Fleet Farm tomorrow.

DAC

Replaced the impellor in the blower head on this Gravely XL48 yesterday, it wasnt in terrible shape but the plastic housing had a small hole so I had it apart to patch that..... and since the machine is for sale I want it in top working condition. It belongs to the landscaper I work for but Im selling it on consignment. Ive been maintaining it for several years but yesterday was the first time I actually used it... after I got it together I run it for about 15 minutes, long enough to fill all three bags, and in that time I mowed about a 1/2 acre... its still very dry so the grass hasnt really grown much yet.

I dont like the handlebar style controls but it is certainly a nice, and very fast mower

006.JPG

After I got used to the hydro hand control on the dash I much prefer it over the foot control. Have three tractors, one is my main mower with that set up. They have to be in proper adjustment and repair to work properly and I think that is where a lot of dislikes come from.

Got a good start on the SXS this morning. Got the skid plate off, antifreeze drained power washed the whole thing top to bottom. Let it sit in the sun and wind for a while and shoved it into the shop. Grab a bite to eat before I start taking more parts off to get down to the engine removel.

Got tired of the dirty looking yellow on the LA 165 deck. Switch it over to the green instead much better looks like new. Had a local guy sandblasted five minutes up the road for 80 bucks (40 US LOL) wasn’t worth my time to use the small sandblaster.

Attachments

• 52528B5F-8BE8-4124-97F2-788ECEF9FA8F.jpeg
    52528B5F-8BE8-4124-97F2-788ECEF9FA8F.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 04783390-3709-427D-A6A4-70FFF2C5F42D.jpeg
    04783390-3709-427D-A6A4-70FFF2C5F42D.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 4F67CEC4-AFAD-4AC9-BBA7-E14594E3FABA.jpeg
    4F67CEC4-AFAD-4AC9-BBA7-E14594E3FABA.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 32D3EA66-0E53-478D-8CC3-EABE6E339DE1.jpeg
    32D3EA66-0E53-478D-8CC3-EABE6E339DE1.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 6C290CB2-B3C4-4575-99DD-AB6D872A8CD5.jpeg
    6C290CB2-B3C4-4575-99DD-AB6D872A8CD5.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 9
  • D22E22EB-AEE6-43D6-8B47-9966D79E824A.jpeg
    D22E22EB-AEE6-43D6-8B47-9966D79E824A.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 3B1AC649-22C2-44E8-A93D-15DD285BD63F.jpeg
    3B1AC649-22C2-44E8-A93D-15DD285BD63F.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 5
Got tired of the dirty looking yellow on the LA 165 deck. Switch it over to the green instead much better looks like new. Had a local guy sandblasted five minutes up the road for 80 bucks (40 US LOL) wasn’t worth my time to use the small sandblaster.
I’ve sandblasted a few decks your right sometimes it takes a lot of time. It turned out nice!

Started project #2, About as red neck a repair I have ever done.

That old cat looks like the dogs got him once, Larry! Half a tail and half an ear---LOL! Those repairs on the car ought to get you into a good old beater for your running around! Did you part with the '96 Camry? I sold mine a little over a year ago now.

My work today after the day job was to get the seat bracket modification done on the "Gardenway LT" tonight. Cut the bottom out of the old seat and welded about 4" of it to the end of the existing seat mount. I could only get two bolts into the seat so this modification will get me 4 bolts. Install that, and the new battery and it's ready to go back to it's owner.

DAC

That old cat looks like the dogs got him once, Larry! Half a tail and half an ear---LOL! Those repairs on the car ought to get you into a good old beater for your running around! Did you part with the '96 Camry? I sold mine a little over a year ago now.

My work today after the day job was to get the seat bracket modification done on the "Gardenway LT" tonight. Cut the bottom out of the old seat and welded about 4" of it to the end of the existing seat mount. I could only get two bolts into the seat so this modification will get me 4 bolts. Install that, and the new battery and it's ready to go back to it's owner.

DAC
The cat was in that shape when it was dropped off here and extremely Ferrel. The Camry was sold for $800, Way more than I thought it would bring with over 300,000 + miles. The 2012 Focus was given to my Daughter and she hit a deer before getting the insurance transferred.

The cat was in that shape when it was dropped off here and extremely Ferrel. The Camry was sold for $800, Way more than I thought it would bring with over 300,000 + miles. The 2012 Focus was given to my Daughter and she hit a deer before getting the insurance transferred.

The cat has used a few of it's lives, but still doing ok it looks like!

I felt pretty good about getting $350 for my Camry not running. Blown head gasket. It was under 200,000 still but was getting coolant in the oil pretty bad. I started taking stuff off of it to pull the head but when it came time to reach up between the firewall and the side of the engine, I decided that I'm too dang old to try to bend into the positions required plus going by feel since there was barely enough room for an arm much less being able to get light on the subject. A young kid from Wyoming bought it.

The Ford should still drive fine for your daughter then! Thought it looked like a possible deer hit.

DAC

The cat has used a few of it's lives, but still doing ok it looks like!

I felt pretty good about getting $350 for my Camry not running. Blown head gasket. It was under 200,000 still but was getting coolant in the oil pretty bad. I started taking stuff off of it to pull the head but when it came time to reach up between the firewall and the side of the engine, I decided that I'm too dang old to try to bend into the positions required plus going by feel since there was barely enough room for an arm much less being able to get light on the subject. A young kid from Wyoming bought it.

The Ford should still drive fine for your daughter then! Thought it looked like a possible deer hit.

DAC
I was planning on keeping the Camry and started replacing undercarriage bushings and components, but started seeing more issues beyond my capabilities. Bought a 2012 Equinox and it runs great!

I was planning on keeping the Camry and started replacing undercarriage bushings and components, but started seeing more issues beyond my capabilities. Bought a 2012 Equinox and it runs great!
I've heard those older Equinox's are pretty good rides, Larry. My wife bought a 2021 Equinox new and they wouldn't give enough trade in on her 2006 Yukon Denali to be worth while so we kept it. I drive the Denali during the winter, but it's getting nice enough to drive my old beater trucks again! Can't afford to drive any of them though!

DAC

I wonder how these crazy gas prices will effect the Memorial day traffic? The trip we usually make to cemeteries run around $30 for gas. Would be over $100 now easily.
Priceof fuel already hitting the toy budget. Could soon start hitting the food budget and it is already in dire straights with inflation. Guy was trying to tell me that 8 Percent of our wheat comes from Ukraine. I don't believe that but I do believe The lack of wheat Ukrainian will hit wheat prices here. Add to that the price of fuel for transport and it is going to hurt.
Don

Worked on the wiring on a 1650 IH Cub that had a motor replaced a coup;le years ago. Had a thrower on it to sell and no bites. Would start, run, & kill with the key. Then it quit killing with the key. Matching the Cub switch from a Kohler and making it work on a Vanguard is a bit tricky. Finally go the key combinations drew out for the different position and went to work rewiring. Got the charge meter working corectly along with the hour meter - untill the two terminal fell off the hour meter, Had to make that repair and let it cool, test and put back together again. Got rid of a couple hood rattles while I was at it. Not sure I want to selll it now, might just throw some paint at it.

Back