What are you currently working on??

Worked on the wiring on a 1650 IH Cub that had a motor replaced a coup;le years ago. Had a thrower on it to sell and no bites. Would start, run, & kill with the key. Then it quit killing with the key. Matching the Cub switch from a Kohler and making it work on a Vanguard is a bit tricky. Finally go the key combinations drew out for the different position and went to work rewiring. Got the charge meter working corectly along with the hour meter - untill the two terminal fell off the hour meter, Had to make that repair and let it cool, test and put back together again. Got rid of a couple hood rattles while I was at it. Not sure I want to selll it now, might just throw some paint at it.
On my Simplicity 7117H that I got from a friend he put a toggle switch on the dash to shut down. It also has to be on for it to start. It’s been repowered with a Kohler 20hp Magnum. I’ve been curious about that but if it works don’t fix it...for right now anyway :D

Can be tricky to find the wire from the mag to goes to the switch. Then need one from that terminal to ground when the switch is off. Mine had the ground terminal on the switch but wasn't use for some reason. I think it may have been for the fuel solenoid shut off. I agree 100%. If it ain't broke don't fix it or break it more.

Carrying a line trimmer is to hard on my back to do it any more. Carolyn is the same way. Have a high school guy that wants work so going to have him come out when he can and do the line trimming and trim mower work. Bought a new Stihl 4 cycle trimmer last spring. Has a ton of power and just a bit heavier. Run .95" square line in it. Got it and the older Stihl out this morning to get them ready to go. Filled with 50:1 gas:eek:il primer about 6 times and second pull the new one was running. Took 4 pulls on the older one. Both had about 3/4 tank of fuel from last year in them yet. Has Sta-bil mixed in so figured that good old ethanol gas would fire right off. It did as usual.

I know guys that seem to go by "if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is"---LOL!

I'm a little bummed, put a new rectifier on the MF1450 tonight, and the amp gauge still shows about a 1 amp discharge. Might get a new gauge too.

Going to deliver the Gardenway Hydro LT to the friend's tomorrow afternoon. Have some junk piled on the trailer so I will use the MF1450 to haul it around behind the shop to the junk shelf.

DAC

I’m getting the YT16H Ford, grass cutter and the LGT 100 Ford aka Grunt , garden worker and potatoe maintenance, ready. Battery’s charged and the expensive gas ready to operate them. May have to find a different grass cutter. YT16H burns 4 litres per hour. Use it about two to three hours a week.

Noel

Attachments

• 4DDB8980-3BC9-4359-8B8C-1C9EB37C23C7.jpeg
    4DDB8980-3BC9-4359-8B8C-1C9EB37C23C7.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 3
Soooo, how does a spark plug go bad over winter, while not being used. ????? Grunt no start. No fire at plug, but I could feel the spark at times while trying to ground the plug to see if there was spark. Put a good looking used plug in. Still no start. Had a little spark at the plug. Cleaned points. Still no start. Put new plug in.
And away it goes. ??? Took a minute to clear its self. But running fine now, on last years gas.

Noel

Attachments

• D04F7A74-23F4-4A3C-9AA4-EEDE12F74818.jpeg
    D04F7A74-23F4-4A3C-9AA4-EEDE12F74818.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 5
  • A628DDCB-F43D-4B8B-9DF2-1F3D9934F18C.jpeg
    A628DDCB-F43D-4B8B-9DF2-1F3D9934F18C.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 5
So Grunt is working as normal and the YT16H Ford started and is running as normal.
Hoping to plant potatoes the middle of or end of next week. Weather is wet and cool at the first of the week. But that can change, as we know.

Noel

Attachments

• A745E0AE-1CAD-4272-B431-B1630564A2F7.jpeg
    A745E0AE-1CAD-4272-B431-B1630564A2F7.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 4
well I just had a similar issue! I’ve been riding my mini bike around for the last couple weeks. My oldest wanted hers out. Ran perfect in august. Today no start. Pulled the plug, put a new one in and it fired right up second pull.

now she is out there riding circles around the yard

At 9:30AM was at my daughters to install an ignition control module in their 2000 Silverado. That fired up finally. Came home and did the finish welding on the Bolens loader subframe. While that was cooling, went to the neighbors and got his Polaris Razor running again. Came back home and bolted the loader frame back up. I'm wore out now!

Soooo, how does a spark plug go bad over winter, while not being used. ????? Grunt no start. No fire at plug, but I could feel the spark at times while trying to ground the plug to see if there was spark. Put a good looking used plug in. Still no start. Had a little spark at the plug. Cleaned points. Still no start. Put new plug in.
And away it goes. ??? Took a minute to clear its self. But running fine now, on last years gas.

Noel
Put champion plug in there. ...

Back