What are you currently working on??

Climbed the 7FT pole and hung the solar array out for the season. It should of went up back in late April. Just too much going on and the other days so much wind not to climb up there. I just have to connect the pass-thru cable and it will juice things up.

Got some 1-inch ID bearings for making the wind VAWT generators.

Did a little work on the E12s Elec-Trak. Got it to run on the bench with the wheels off. Then it quit. there is a forward/reverse contactor that will fry the points if you shift from one to the other too quickly. I do believe the points in the picture are not supposed to be welded together!! I have a replacement on order. I'll try fixing this one for backup.

Attachments

• relay11.jpg
    relay11.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 12
We got back from Denver last night, and I had to go do 10-1/2 hours at the day job today.

50 years ago today we were homeless for a couple of months due to a flash flood on June 9th, 1972. I spent some time after work tonight looking at some videos and reading peoples stories. It was a turning point in a lot of people's lives including this 15 year old at the time kid. We all lived so I thank god every day that Mom paid attention to what was going on and got me and my sister out in time.

DAC

Flash floods certainly are deadly. We have had a few around here. Early 90s one sticks out in my mind took out an entire community and quite a few people lost their lives.

Witnesses said it looked like a tidal wave coming down the creek.
Sounds like a good description, Aaron. 238 deaths in the flood we were in. I remember you and your folks had been flooded before.

DAC

Sounds like a good description, Aaron. 238 deaths in the flood we were in. I remember you and your folks had been flooded before.

DAC
That’s terrible.

Fortunately for us the floods have always been slow (over the course of a few hours) My parents watch the creek. We plan and move stuff out of the way as best as we can. After the first flood in 04 we learned a lot about prepping for it before it happens.

I reminded myself reading Kenny's cold turkey thread that it was in 1972 when I started smoking full-time. On June 9th, I was still a kid, and on June 10th, childhood was over. That's the kind of effect it had on me.

Those slow rising floods, Aaron, also seem to be slow to recede. That would be so hard to deal with too. I guess at least there may be something to go back to, but most likely everything is still destroyed.

DAC

Today I did packing, laundry, and built some wind chimes for my sister, in preparation of a trip to the Denver, CO area tomorrow morning.

Then I crammed as much junk into the shop as possible! The MF1450 had been sitting outside. Battery was almost dead so it had to get boosted.

Don't know when I will be on the forum again but I will try to check in.

DAC

View attachment 53572 View attachment 53573 View attachment 53574
Have a good trip Doug and be safe.

Today I did packing, laundry, and built some wind chimes for my sister, in preparation of a trip to the Denver, CO area tomorrow morning.

Then I crammed as much junk into the shop as possible! The MF1450 had been sitting outside. Battery was almost dead so it had to get boosted.

Don't know when I will be on the forum again but I will try to check in.

DAC

View attachment 53572 View attachment 53573 View attachment 53574

Jumpins. I never saw this post.

Have a good trip Doug and Mrs Doug.

Noel

Have a good trip Doug and be safe.
Jumpins. I never saw this post.

Have a good trip Doug and Mrs Doug.

Noel
Thanks guys, I was off of the forum for 9 days---LOL! We did have a good trip, and now it's back to reality.

Still did some unpacking this morning, then I robbed the solenoid off of my wife's LT and went over to the friends house that I did that Gardenway hydro LT for. He messaged me on FB saying that it just clicks, one click and nothing. The solenoid seemed a bit weak to me when I got the tractor running but thought maybe it might free up after sitting for several years. I'm going to order a couple new ones for both of those tractors. Then I came home and mowed.

DAC

I have been looking for a thread where you guys were talking about May bugs and June bugs, and Chris even mentioned the satisfying "crunch"---LOL!
Had no luck! Is this dang thing one of them?
DSCN4390.JPG

I spared the sensitive viewers the aftermath. He was on his way out. Every time I would flop him on his feet to try to take the pic, he would roll right over on his back. Got lucky for a moment.

Then, while mowing, I saw my driveway is on "shrooms---LOL! Got this big one poking through the new gravel. 4-5" tall. More stuff for round-up to take care of.
DSCN4391.JPG DSCN4392.JPG

DAC

I have been looking for a thread where you guys were talking about May bugs and June bugs, and Chris even mentioned the satisfying "crunch"---LOL!
Had no luck! Is this dang thing one of them?
View attachment 54105

I spared the sensitive viewers the aftermath. He was on his way out. Every time I would flop him on his feet to try to take the pic, he would roll right over on his back. Got lucky for a moment.

Then, while mowing, I saw my driveway is on "shrooms---LOL! Got this big one poking through the new gravel. 4-5" tall. More stuff for round-up to take care of.
View attachment 54106 View attachment 54107

DAC
Mrs just got a large settlement from the Round Up fund. Don't use it any more. Went to McKaze. Works just as good, a bit cheaper and much safer.

Today I did laundry from the vacation, and cleaned up the shop. I have a frost less hydrant in the shop and it split during the winter, somewhere along the way. I must have forgotten to open the ball valve where a hose goes to a sink. Took some research but I have a new one coming. Wish It cold be isolated, but I will have to turn off the well pump and release the water pressure to the house to make the swap. Just going to change the head unit.
hydrant crack2.jpg hydrant crack3.jpg

I also ordered a couple of lawn tractor solenoids too. I robbed one off my wife's LT and got a new one coming for the friend's LT also.

DAC

Aaron posted he was out of electric, well that storm hit us several hours before him. It was very heavy rains and high winds. A lot of people in the area lost electric, ours flickered about 20 times. My wife was coming home, had to turn around due to trees across the road and on power lines. Thankfully the back way was clear. As I went to work this morning, it appear to have been 5 trees across the road, one was still on the power lines, you had to drive around it almost in the ditch to get around.
I lost 3 trees on the property, 1 small one smashed the chain link down around the yard, had to get that cut off pronto so dogs would not get out. It was only about 6" around.
20220613_184506.jpg
20220613_184520.jpg

I lost a locust in the field, looks like it broke off about 12 to 15 feet up. I cut some of it up tonight, I could barely see with my glasses covered with sweat, thought I was going to pass out.

20220613_185932.jpg
20220613_185948.jpg

The third tree broke off about 15 feet up, blew 90* and landed on the field fence and over neighbor's property. It was a "Tree of heaven", nasty, stinky tree and have to wear a mask as I cut it up tonight also, it was rotten where it snapped and was about 12" across. Thankfully no damage other than squashing fence, but my big corner post my dad installed back in the 70's is about to break off so I'll eventually be doing some fencing.

20220613_190108.jpg
20220613_190052.jpg20220613_190122.jpg

The son's portable garage got a locust limb through the top. It was right above his converter for his solar panels and we think the rain fried it.
20220613_185835.jpg

Spent the morning moving tractors and cleaning up on the South side of the house. Use the machete on some of the taller things, found out my trailer needs new tires. Bad part was spending all that time and it was still before noon. :confused: Just chillin' now!

Back