What are you currently working on??

Not much today too hot. I did do some cleaning up in the shop and made some tomato stakes from a couple of old 2x6’s.
0152B083-F90F-478C-9536-6CC9140657BE.jpeg85831043-3E00-4608-BFD4-82C6C6AA270B.jpeg
It’s not bad if I can stay within a 12’ area in the shop staying in the zone of the fan. Once I get out of that it’s too hot. The clock on the wall says it’s too hot so I quit around noon and stayed inside.
CCDD7EB1-922F-481C-A4A3-C445C0B525C0.jpeg

All I got done after work tonight was spraying weeds in the gravel. Will try to feed ant colonies that seem to be moving in tomorrow if it isn't too hot.

DAC
Doug what will you be using for the ants outside. We got some of the tiny ants coming through a hole less than an eighth inch in the dining room window where the inside miter joint is on the trim. We’ve got some cotton balls soaked in a solution of sugar and borax. They have been feasting on it for two days. Most times it takes several days before they die off.

It’s not bad if I can stay within a 12’ area in the shop staying in the zone of the fan. Once I get out of that it’s too hot. The clock on the wall says it’s too hot so I quit around noon and stayed inside.
View attachment 54356
I spent the afternoon messing with my E12s Elec-Trak. . I used the the E14 as a power source to trouble shoot it.
I now have a runner!!
My phone says it was 97* outside. The thermometer by the "office" door said 73* in the workshop. If I keep it closed up it stays that way.

Attachments

• 20220614_125248.jpg
    20220614_125248.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220614_125300.jpg
    20220614_125300.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220615_160912.jpg
    20220615_160912.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220615_160918.jpg
    20220615_160918.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 7
Doug what will you be using for the ants outside. We got some of the tiny ants coming through a hole less than an eighth inch in the dining room window where the inside miter joint is on the trim. We’ve got some cotton balls soaked in a solution of sugar and borax. They have been feasting on it for two days. Most times it takes several days before they die off.
Seven makes a granular that is sprinkled along the foundation and watered in that controls a lot of different insects include spiders & ants. OPne application lasts for 3 months. Got to get them before they get in the house, not after.

Seven makes a granular that is sprinkled along the foundation and watered in that controls a lot of different insects include spiders & ants. OPne application lasts for 3 months. Got to get them before they get in the house, not after.
We can’t use anything granulated because of the our chickens. I do spray the Seven liquid concentrate with one of my hand pump sprayers a couple times a year but haven’t yet this year.

We can’t use anything granulated because of the our chickens. I do spray the Seven liquid concentrate with one of my hand pump sprayers a couple times a year but haven’t yet this year.
The granular Sevin that Roger told you about is what I'm using. No chickens on our acre, although the acre to our north has some. Never had any of them in our yard. If some of those irritating doves want to eat it I will put out more!

DAC

Got my work cut out for me this weekend now. The hydrant for my shop got here already. My problem now is it looks like the whole inside tube needs to come out of the outer one. The one I'm working on has big shelves built over it. I was hoping the head unit would come off without having to pull the guts. I will have to move a lot of stuff and tear down two big shelves to pull that whole unit out, dang it! You can see the hydrant buried back there in the corner. That red pipe laying on the sink is what I built to grab the handle of the hydrant to open it with all this stuff around it. The sink and that shelf with those old vises on it are easy to move. The stuff above, not so much.

DAC

EDIT---I forgot to add that I spread "ant food" after work tonight too. Hope those little pests feast well!

Hydrant 2.JPG Hydrant 3.JPG

Last edited:
The granular Sevin that Roger told you about is what I'm using. No chickens on our acre, although the acre to our north has some. Never had any of them in our yard. If some of those irritating doves want to eat it I will put out more!

DAC
Doug I think a dove is just a country pigeon :D

It says on the bag to water it in after application so that is what I did. Don't know how necessary that is other than it gets it off the top of the ground for other critters to pick up. Doves don't get up next to the house usually.

I got rained out mowing, but at least the front half got done. Way too wet to continue so I decided to change oil in the 13 HP Predator in the MF12G while it was hot. The tractor was working perfectly as always, but while pumping the oil out of the engine, I noticed the PTO belt is about ready to break!

DSCN4410.JPG DSCN4408.JPG

Got one ordered. Don't know if this one will hold up for the remainder of the yard, and by the time I can get to mowing again the whole yard will probably need it again anyway with this rain!

DAC

Back