What are you currently working on??

Yesterday working out in the main shop I put my air conditioner under the door but it still got to 85* in there. Yeah it was over a hundred outside. This morning I started that a/c again and it's not blowing cold air anymore. That explains that!
View attachment 56181

While the shed was still in shade this morning I dug out an old window a/c that has been sitting out there, built a new filler and put it in service. Temp out there never got over 82*. Compressor is noisy but it's working at least. It was hotter today than yesterday too!
View attachment 56182

DAC
I’ve been considering putting a window in my shop/two car garage. I have no air circulation just the 16’ double door and the man door which is in the front corner area. I’m thinking about mid way on the more shady side then put a window AC like you have. Are you just raising your door to fit the unit then fill in the rest of the space ? I have a friend that has a nice almost new hotel unit he won’t part with. It’s been sitting outside now since last year going to waste.

I’ve been considering putting a window in my shop/two car garage. I have no air circulation just the 16’ double door and the man door which is in the front corner area. I’m thinking about mid way on the more shady side then put a window AC like you have. Are you just raising your door to fit the unit then fill in the rest of the space ? I have a friend that has a nice almost new hotel unit he won’t part with. It’s been sitting outside now since last year going to waste.

Both of my doors, overhead and man door are on the south side of my shop, facing the house, Jim. No windows except the little ones in the overhead door. I tinted them with limo black. I didn't want a door where I can't see from the house and windows can be easy access for the thugs.

Yeah I just raise the door and shove the a/c under it with a filler panel. That a/c that quit was an old motel unit. Lasted 10 or 12 years and who knows how many years in a motel. It probably needs the charge topped off but not worth the cost.

The engine I found was new, open-box unit. 190 cc (GCV190). It was a direct replacement for the B&S.
Where's the pics, Kenny? Was this job for a customer? If it was in another thread, sorry I missed it!

DAC

Had the JD 265 out mowing the other day. Was doing fine, then it started surging. Got it back by the shop and started checking things over. Would smooth out with a little choke. So I changed out the fuel pump and filter. Blew the small amount of dust out of the air filter. Pulled the air filter base off and removed the solenoid to drain the carb. Found a small amount of water there. Put it back together and fired it up. Saw the fuel filter going dry in time with the surges. UGH! Line under the fender pan needs changed as I used the air hose to blow back into the tank and it made no difference. Was getting too hot to work out there so today I plan to pull the fender pan, pressure wash things and fix this as it won't be quite as warm today. I'll have the camera out!

Well, got things ready, drove the 265 over to the shop. Never surged at all. Let it run in fast position for a couple minutes, surging is gone. The other day I put some Seafoam & MMO in the tank, so that must have helped. Anyways, drug the washer out and got it all hooked up and cleaned some of the built up crud around the engine. And yes that is a Kohler V-Twin (25 HP) instead of the original Kawi single at 17 HP. Pics as promised:
DSCN0295.JPG DSCN0296.JPG

DSCN0297.JPG DSCN0298.JPG

DSCN0300.JPG DSCN0301.JPG

I’ve let some yard work go this year. I’ve been cutting but not keeping up with some areas I can’t get the tractor to. I decided today was the day since I took off the rest of the week.

ive been at it for awhile now. Pulled an impressive amount of crap out of those spots. Looks a lot better.

my fault for letting it grow. I also need to paint the house this year and replace another gutter and the fascia board behind it. It’s in sorry shape. But that’s going to wait till maybe into September. Let it cool down a bit. Everyone said they would chip in. That 5 of us painting. I did it by myself 8 years ago. Took me about 30 hours total. If we can get equal work out of everyone we should be able to do it in one day.

I wish I had more time to take care of things. Trying to enjoy life when I’m not working and trying to take care of stuff that needs done is a hard balance to find.

Outside work quit at 10 this morning. Was 86° F outside then. Last task was to pick up the cucumbers and pickles from the garden. Got them in the basement where it is a lot cooler. Will get the pickles washed up in the morning and processed into more B&B pickles.

Well, got things ready, drove the 265 over to the shop. Never surged at all. Let it run in fast position for a couple minutes, surging is gone. The other day I put some Seafoam & MMO in the tank, so that must have helped. Anyways, drug the washer out and got it all hooked up and cleaned some of the built up crud around the engine. And yes that is a Kohler V-Twin (25 HP) instead of the original Kawi single at 17 HP. Pics as promised:
View attachment 56251 View attachment 56252

View attachment 56253 View attachment 56254

View attachment 56255 View attachment 56256
Your pressure washer works great, Kenny! Pretty valuable tool for sure! Glad that JD started running better after you gave it the additives!

I wish I had more time to take care of things. Trying to enjoy life when I’m not working and trying to take care of stuff that needs done is a hard balance to find.

I have had those feelings ever since I was your age, Aaron! Today in 100* heat with hip waders on repairing broken equipment down in a tank at a sewer plant, I decided that soon as I am able to get full social security on April 4th 2023, I am going to retire! I was never smart enough to have a job that wasn't bust a$$ labor and I'm too damm old for it anymore. Going to put in the date of April 14th as my last day. My wife's birthday is the 15th.

DAC

Your pressure washer works great, Kenny! Pretty valuable tool for sure! Glad that JD started running better after you gave it the additives!

I have had those feelings ever since I was your age, Aaron! Today in 100* heat with hip waders on repairing broken equipment down in a tank at a sewer plant, I decided that soon as I am able to get full social security on April 4th 2023, I am going to retire! I was never smart enough to have a job that wasn't bust a$$ labor and I'm too damm old for it anymore. Going to put in the date of April 14th as my last day. My wife's birthday is the 15th.

DAC
[/QUOT

I know exactly how you feel Doug. Got my retirement date down as well 3/1/2024. 587 more days if my math is correct. Not a day more.

jhn9840
John

DAC

That has to feel great knowing the end is coming!

I can’t wait till the day I can retire. But sadly by the time we can retire kids are grown up. But I’ll be able to pester them and spoil grand kids if I’m lucky!

Good for you, John! I like the "Not a day more" comment! 267 days for me! I didn't do the math---I cheated and googled it---LOL!

That has to feel great knowing the end is coming!

I can’t wait till the day I can retire. But sadly by the time we can retire kids are grown up. But I’ll be able to pester them and spoil grand kids if I’m lucky!

Yeah it feels good, Aaron. Not in great shape financially but we will get by ok. Neither of our kids had any kids, so it will just be me and my wife mainly.
Our kids are both in their 30's so we lived what you are saying. Don't know of anyone that can retire while their kids are still kids.

DAC

I took the early option and retired at 62. I had another pension I started at age 60. Penciled out that at age 70 I would break even on SS. After that ahead on the payouts. Friend of mine waited till 65½ to get as much as he could. Didn't pay off for him as he passed early.

Back