What are you currently working on??

Did he get it through a dealership? If so, the dealer should have set it up. Although there are a few that come through our shop that were purchased at other dealerships and not set up..
Yeah. Same dealer as I did.

Mine was not leveled new. I leveled it at about a half hour. Tires weren’t inflated right and deck was out of level.

So I’d say they didn’t do much of a setup.

Figures, they probably just uncrated it, put the steering wheel and seat springs on, and shipped it.

Im sure. I just don’t expect much anymore. After that I did a bolt check, fluid check and looked it over. It’s been flawless for 250 hours so far. Very pleased with the tractor over all.

I hope it last me a long time. Especially given how much I paid for it.

If you ho o
Im sure. I just don’t expect much anymore. After that I did a bolt check, fluid check and looked it over. It’s been flawless for 250 hours so far. Very pleased with the tractor over all.

I hope it last me a long time. Especially given how much I paid for it.
If you go over it just like you do with the older tractors, it'll last. I've seen ones come in that look like they been in a demo derby.

Still no tractor work, but did tinker in the shop a bit today. Yesterday started out bad with my blood pressure way out of whack. We went to urgent care again and if it would have been over 200/100 two times in a row they were going to stick me in the hospital. Fortunately that happened only once and I dodged the hospital. Got another prescription and by evening it had come down nicely. Went back for another follow up this morning and they were happy with the results. Still no idea why it happened, so I had to make a couple more appointments to figure out what is going on. Be a couple weeks before I can get in. Still headachy and a bit low on energy.

I'm going to go back to work tomorrow. Burned up 60 hours of vacation time due to this. Then next week I had already scheduled 40 more hours off to go to Denver to do my sisters chores while she is healing up from her second cataract surgery. Still planning on doing that. Good thing retirement is coming as I am burning up next years vacation time!

DAC

I've been in the process of redoing a couple old school bus seats.
I intend to put one on the E12s Elec-Trak and use it as a butt buggy at shows and parades and hauling grandkids around.
The frames have been cleaned and painted. I cut out new boards to replace the rotted ones and glued foam to them. Now I am waiting for the wife to do her thing with the vinyl.

Attachments

• 20220805_113952.jpg
    20220805_113952.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220805_113958.jpg
    20220805_113958.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220805_114326.jpg
    20220805_114326.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220805_114526.jpg
    20220805_114526.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220805_114530.jpg
    20220805_114530.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220805_122528.jpg
    20220805_122528.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220805_122530.jpg
    20220805_122530.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220805_122537.jpg
    20220805_122537.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 6
Since I am waiting for the rest of the CC 2166 parts to arrive, guess I'll start on the next one. It's a Troy-Bilt ZT50 (zero turn). Came to me not moving (pushed off the trailer). Drive belt slips badly (stretched and covered in oil) Got to looking it over and found the oil filter was not tight. Been a while since it was serviced, so the owner agreed with doing that. I pressure washed all I could get to, but it's still nasty underneath. Just have no way to get under there and clean it off.

Just got home from a road trip across this miserable state, with my latest hunk of junk.
Earlier this week, while debating on whether to fix up the tractor that I pulled apart for an engine transplant (or not) I got onto eBay looking for parts that I needed but don't have in my stash/ and came across an eBay sale for another whole tractor, for a ridiculous low start price and no reserve.
I figured it was either a phoney ad or it would be run up out of range by the time the sale ended yesterday. So I bid a bunch more than what they counted me "in" for, but surprisingly nobody else bid after me. So I came home with an Ariens GT16 with a nice deck and a snow blade that runs. For less than the price of a candy bar at the local gas station. Has a K341 on it that runs great! The stickers are even all still there on the tractor, and quite legible.
The seller had listed it for an elderly neighbor,.
who I guess had had it for quite a few years. I drove it onto the trailer even. The seller listed it as "an old dinosaur" from 1985". He kinda wrote the ad trying to talk anyone out of it.
He said he had it listed the week before and had "sold" it but that buyer came back and asked "ok so when can I expect you to deliver it?" From far western IL to Washington state, no less. Idiots.

Only real problem is (typically Ariens) the wiring mess. This thing has so many jumper wires and scotch locks it ain't funny.
I went to start it and got nothing. The owner (next door neighbor to the seller/lister-on-ebay) came out and hooked a jumper straight from the battery to the + side of the coil and pulled a pair of pliers out of his pocket and jumped the solenoid as I was in the seat.
I parted out my gt19 earlier this week, and pulled the dash off still fully wired from when I redid that one 3 years ago. So all I have to do there is pull the steering wheel, unscrew 4 self tapping sheet metal screws set my dash from my gt19 down, bolt down and reconnect things. And this one is then rewired with all new switches and everything ready to go.
Then to go over the rest of it...... I don't think that will be a horrible ordeal to do. Starting with the hood that was on my gt19.....

And while I was there within 4 miles of Iowa I had to cross the river and fill up the truck for only $3.49, since all the way out there across IL I saw a range of $4.19-4.59. it's just under $4 in my part of the state, the only thing I can get around here(for close to what I paid for gas in Iowa) is e85.

Working on my Tan! Laying on Virginia Beach right now. 7 days here. Hopefully the weather holds up supposed to start raining Wednesday and Thursday.
You suck! :p:p:p enjoy, you need the break.

Worked on the Huskee GT a little last night. Once I realized I had to reuse the original spindles, I took the damaged one to work and laid some weld on the worn areas, the Lincoln at work is sooo much better than my Flux core. Brought it home and grinded/sanded it smooth. I also need new wheel bushings on that side, pretty sloppy compared to good side. For spindles, wheels, tie rods all back on and then the thunder/rain came rolling in.

20220806_172157.jpg
20220806_172212.jpg
20220806_174326.jpg
20220806_174333.jpg

My son had to do something similar to his cub original when he was back in high school, it had a bad seal leak, he took his axles to the career center, had the welding teacher weld them up then took them back to the metal working class he was in, chucked them in the lathe and turned them back down to original size

Back