What are you currently working on??

My dad got 2 free Craftsman push mowers many years ago. The first one the plastic carb plate got hot and warped causing a vacuum leak so I'll give them that. The next year, same people gave him an exact mower, get this......the bolt holding the wheel adjuster came lose and wheel assembly almost fell off. They went ans bought another new mower.

I spent tonight replacing the driver's door regulator/motor in the wife's Jeep Liberty. The plastic sheath that surrounds the screw cable broke and would no longer raise window. I've tried fixing one before, doesnt work. This will be the 7th regulator between the 2 Libertys and the Durango. The Durango currently has a rear one that needs replaced also so that would be 8......Chrysler junk!

Started resurrecting this old John Deere sprayer a couple days ago, needed to replace the regulator which required modification to several fittings using JB Weld so it took longer than I expected but I got it finished up today... new regulator, new wiring, new filter, some new hoses and replaced the hand wand with good used one.... several new bolts which needed to be cut to exact lengths... and alot of cleaning inside and out.... the rear booms fold inward/forward when not in use,.... and it only took about 6 years to get around to it. Lolol
004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG

lol... are you really that observant or did you see my other posts???

the mid mount tool isnt new but I usually have that under the Columbia.... its 5 rather large earth magnets that pickup anything from small nails/screws to lost tools around the yard... over the years Ive found several tools that didnt even belong to me... wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers... and Im sure its helped me avoid countless flat tires;)

Got a MF 1650 here with a no start with key issue. Finally found a loose wire from the rear PTO switch. Had to remove the fender pan to sort it out. Now to get it running.
A customer MF1650, Kenny? I always dig pics, especially MF's! Can't help with the no start problem though. The wiring was gutted in the 1450 when I got it and I just put a new switch with an engine harness in it.

DAC

Jumpins. I have a MF 14. There’s a switch for the brake. So have to put the brake on to engage that. No neutral switch that I know of.
We’ve had a lot of trouble with the brake switch over the years. It’s on the left side just behind the side panel. Just behind the motor. Should be able to pull the connector of there and jump it just to see if that trouble.

Noel

Still have a few things going for the VAWT wind turbine. But I need more free parts. :)

It's a wet day. Lots of rain since over night.

I'm not canning today! Hurrah! Got the food dehydrators running though.

I've put off designing in CAD a crop hiller. After this past harvest of beets, carrots and potatoes all hilled manually, they turned out fabulously. I need to save out backs with hoes and rakes for next year. I've seen a few images on the site. Thanks for sharing! I don't weld. Long story behind it and high school bullies. I plan on using carriage bolts and nylocks to bring the parts together.

hilling-with-compact.jpg

Still have a few things going for the VAWT wind turbine. But I need more free parts. :)

It's a wet day. Lots of rain since over night.

I'm not canning today! Hurrah! Got the food dehydrators running though.

I've put off designing in CAD a crop hiller. After this past harvest of beets, carrots and potatoes all hilled manually, they turned out fabulously. I need to save out backs with hoes and rakes for next year. I've seen a few images on the site. Thanks for sharing! I don't weld. Long story behind it and high school bullies. I plan on using carriage bolts and nylocks to bring the parts together.

View attachment 57808
I’ve been wanting to make a three point tool bar for a few years. I’ve got it in my head and most of the metal just haven’t done it yet. They are some nice setups on YouTube for digging a furrow, and hiller.

Started on a long awaited project this morning, pulled the JD 418 walking plow from outside storage (behind the tractor shed):

1661874576667.png

I've had this plow for many years, originally intended to hang it above the door of the shed. When finished, I plan o set it on the big Ash stump in the back yard:

1661874733422.png

1661874748401.png

This is as far as I'll dismantle it as most of the rest of the bolts would probably twist off anyway & I don't have many square head or plow bolts to replace them.

1661874768107.png

Now for the wire brushing & "flapper disc" sanding!

Back