What are you currently working on??

Just came back from garage sale,-ing, (last thing i need right now is more junk but the wife wanted to go)
I didn't buy much, did get a few things I actually can use/and soon. Like a brand new 6 pack of the round bulbs that my bathroom light fixture takes (and which I can't find locally in the store anymore) for $2 for the bundle.
A guy had some random snap on combination wrenches and I got a few to replace some that have come up MIA at work recently for a whole buck a piece. I've been trying to replace the ones im missing via eBay and they are as much for shipping as the price of the buy it now on the wrench. I did buy about 1/2 dozen from different sellers on eBay at that price last week.
The snap on guy that comes to my shop had a sale on wrench sets from 10-19mm for $350 normally $500.... So I don't think I did bad replacing the ones that I can't find for what I paid.
We went to a local town that was doing the "town wide" deal this weekend. One thing I thought was strange was the number of them that had 3-4, 2 cycle paddle type snowblowers lined up, all for sale. I didn't ask, I don't know how many supposedly ran, because I have a few myself.
At least 3 of that style, plus a toro 421 and bobcat 2 stage style from the late 70s, that i will be weeding out as we get closer to the white $#it flying all of mine do run, don't know about the ones I seen at the sales today or what they were asking. I never inquired on any of those.
out of 5 total that I have I'm probably gonna send 3 down the road before (or just as) the weather turns crappy. Makes me think I'm almost gonna have to give em away to see them go away, when the time comes in a month or two.
I remember the Snap-On days...
And for the love of money don't miss em....

Using them every day like I do I definitely notice a difference, I have some lesser ones at home and slip and get my knuckles constantly with those.
Have a few Mac ones that are wore out that I heed to get warranted but I don't have a Mac tool truck near me.those are alright too til they start getting worn.

Got the blind up on the tower platform this morning. 7' round blind, tower is 7' to the flatform. Few more additions and will be ready to hunt if it ever cools down. Deer are not moving when it is 84° F out there.

View attachment 86498
Good looking blind Roger! Is there a permanent ladder that will attach to that landing? Kinda looks like they painted dope leaves on it---LOL!

DAC

Could you make this a separate thread as a project so others can follow. So many good topics and projects with a lot of no how get lost in this thread. Thanks and I’ll be watching. I have a sick Tech 16 on my Bolens H16. Hopefully you can get this done reasonably these parts are hard to find and can be pricey.
Good suggestion, i will move it to an article on its own. Unfortunately, it will be just reassembly since the block is torn down

Good looking blind Roger! Is there a permanent ladder that will attach to that landing? Kinda looks like they painted dope leaves on it---LOL!

DAC
Thanks for the compliment. No permanent ladder. They get way to much $$ for their landings, ladder set ups. Osha gets involved with safety rails, etc. and runs the price up. I have grab bars inside and out to have something to assist getting in and out. That somewhat cameoed green 8' step ladder is chained and locked to the tower. Fiberglass is a lot quieter than metal anyway. After hunting season, the ladder comes home with me. I have other ladders I can use around the place so that one will serve good at the blind. Those leaves do look a lot like dope leaves. They are a template I picked up and rattled can painted them on the blind. It looked way to stand outish without something to break up the solid colors.

Thanks for the compliment. No permanent ladder. They get way to much $$ for their landings, ladder set ups. Osha gets involved with safety rails, etc. and runs the price up. I have grab bars inside and out to have something to assist getting in and out. That somewhat cameoed green 8' step ladder is chained and locked to the tower. Fiberglass is a lot quieter than metal anyway. After hunting season, the ladder comes home with me. I have other ladders I can use around the place so that one will serve good at the blind. Those leaves do look a lot like dope leaves. They are a template I picked up and rattled can painted them on the blind. It looked way to stand outish without something to break up the solid colors.
Is your blind fiberglass , metal ? Looks heavy...

It is a molded plastic made in two halves and bolted together. Weighs about 130 lbs. Dealer that delivered it got on the inside and with both arms over his head walked it off the trailer and set it down. When screwed down to a solid platform it is really stable. Door is a bit on the floppy side but with both latches secured it hold together really good. I had a chalk line circle on the carpeting, so we had something to go by to get it round when I screwed it down. May have been over kill but the 8 windows all fit tight. Metal blinds are really heavy and most have to be assembled in place. Fiberglass falls in between the metal and plastic and usually require more than man power to set on elevated platforms.

With the dope leaves painted on the blind, maybe the deer with think you are not alert being a stoner and not have any fear of the blind, Roger---LOL!

Seriously, looking forward reading about to what kills you make using the new blind!

DAC

Spent yesterday morning doing wind damage repair to the edge of the house roof and one siding piece that had a hole in it. Happened May 21st. Certain family member said he would do the work, but didn't say when. Called him 2 times and said it need to get done as insurance has a roof and siding endorsement on my policy till I prove the repairs have been made. So yesterday it was cool and light wind so did the repairs myself. Did the siding and windows about 22 years ago using Owens Corning siding and trim. No longer in the siding business and the new stuff does not match up. Same with some of the steel roof pieces. New ridge cap is about 8" narrower. Lucked out and the last piece was lapped over the previous one by about 5 feet. Cut the damaged end off and used what was already there. Had to improvise on the siding to make things work but got-r-done. Will use the $$ I would have paid him their $120/hr rate (2 men) to buy another gun. Their loss my gain. Just love this new generation that feel there is no need to return a phone call just because they live in the texting world.

Last edited:
Spent yesterday morning doing wind damage repair to the edge of the house roof and one siding piece that had a hole in it. Happened May 21st. Certain family member said he would do the work, but didn't say when. Called him 2 times and said it need to get done as insurance has a roof and siding endorsement on my policy till I prove the repairs have been made. So yesterday it was cool and light wind so did the repairs myself. Did the siding and windows about 22 years ago using Owens Corning siding and trim. No longer in the siding business and the new stuff does not match up. Same with some of the steel roof pieces. New ridge cap is about 8" narrower. Lucked out and the last piece was lapped over the previous one by about 5 feet. Cut the damaged end off and used what was already there. Had to improvise on the siding to make things work but got-r-done. Will use the $$ I would have paid him their $120/hr rate (2 men) to buy another gun. Their loss my gain. Just love this new generation that feel there is no need to return a phone call just because they live in the texting world.
Good for you Roger! Don't think I can trust myself on roofs anymore. Fill us in on the gun you get!

DAC

I don't like it but 4:12 pitch wasn't too bad. Had a good ladder between the house roof and the roof over the grill so it could not go anywhere. Plus it is in the ground about 5".

I picked up a Garden Gun I had ordered for about 3 weeks. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but possibly today. Made by Henry, lever action repeater, smooth bore that shoots .22 cal. shot shells. Fairly close range gun for much accuracy but will see. Going to try and buy a Ithica saddle gun at an auction. They keep going up for the last several years.

I don't like it but 4:12 pitch wasn't too bad. Had a good ladder between the house roof and the roof over the grill so it could not go anywhere. Plus it is in the ground about 5".

I picked up a Garden Gun I had ordered for about 3 weeks. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but possibly today. Made by Henry, lever action repeater, smooth bore that shoots .22 cal. shot shells. Fairly close range gun for much accuracy but will see. Going to try and buy a Ithica saddle gun at an auction. They keep going up for the last several years.
I like the idea of those garden guns, my neighbors probably wouldn't. Those damm doves irritate me badly! Every time I grab the CO2 pellet gun the cartridge is dead. The good thing about going deaf is doves and crickets don't bother me as much as they used too---LOL!

DAC

"roof and siding endorsement"?? Huh? I thought endorsements were add ons
Endorsements can be a policy change either way. Can get a earthquake endorsement that gives you earthquake coverage. The gave me a wind damage deductible of $2500 endorsement. My neighbor got a notice he had a $97,000 all peril deductible endorsement on his multimillion $$ policy. Then they cancelled him out. To many claims. Has several thousand acers of ground, a lot of high $$ equipment and the law of averages says he will have some claims just due to the size of his operation. Insurance companies are going hog wild trying to protect their high profits and still keep customers. And guess who is on the bottom end of the stick. I used to have all the buildings insured at their value, house and personal property replacement cost coverage. With their250%+ premium increase and the wind/hail deductible can only afford the house coverage any more. Don't ask FEMA for any help either. Been that route. No help for 2 buildings that were heavily damaged, and one destroyed. They did not effect my livelyhood so no help. But they are paying for gravel, road signs, culverts, etc. to the County. Go figure that one out.

Back