What are you currently working on??

Had to repair the engine cover on the church's Grasshopper mower. The side panels were spot welded to the top panel and it cracked and broke where it was mounted. I welded it back, found some very close brown paint and painted it last night
20190411_192551.jpg

I also have been fighting the heavy wood sliding door on my barn, it's been hanging up and a struggle to open. Tore track apart and removed one of the trolleys. Found this, wheels came off of one side...

20190411_190058.jpg

So what does a redneck DIYer do? Break out the HF 90 welder and throw on some bubble gum. Firgured I would not be able to find a matching carrier since I know this is probably 60 or 70 yrs old so fix it.
Actually tried to do tack welds bouncing from wheel to wheel to prevent it melting all the grease I lathered bearings with. Wheels were just held on by the shaft being mushroomed on the ends. Turned out okay, now door slides like butter.

20190411_192603.jpg

There's lots of spiders where I work. It's always a joy to walk through a door then notice one of those critters swinging right in front of your face hanging off the hat brim.

DAC

Seen a big Wolf spider on the wall on the steps going to the basement from the outside this morning. Looking for a warmer place and he got it, one swat with my cap. time to get the tempo mixed up and spray around the house, doors basement steps, etc.

once the hurricane winds died down and it finally became somewhat decent outside, I gutted the remains of a Cub 1650 that I have sitting on my trailer, original plan was to find an engine and get it going too, but I can buy whole, running, working machines for less than many (most?) people want for just an engine..... I wish a "wide base" Kohler could have gone into it....I have those. No narrow base versions though. but it was missing more than just the engine anyways,, and it looks kinda beat, like lots of extra holes in the dash tower that can't be explained, a little bigger than a BB (which I don't believe would have penetrated that metal) and all muddy like it was dredged from a lake bed, all the bolts are breaking, even with heat, Kroil, etc.....

I also have a frame with fender pan, and hood and grill shell from another 129, the guy I got that thing from took the running engine, trans, rear end and steering column, as spares for another he has, that he uses all the time/ it aggravates me when someone does that to a tractor that was otherwise operational and in good shape..... The transaxle with its ported pump and the hydro lift goodies from the 1650, are going onto another 129 that I have here that is complete, but had a trans/ hydro issue.... went forward REAL good, no neutral or reverse, linkage moved freely thru the whole range.... if I can figure out that issue, I probably have enough parts left over to put that 129 back together as well...… except for a narrow base Kohler. but I am gonna cherry pick the best parts from that carcass and put 1 nice, hydraulic lift equipped, Cub 129 together and then get rid of most of the left overs.
Anyone into building a custom extended frame Cub wide frame, that could use a 2nd frame to splice into your existing tractor? I will have a 129 frame and a 1650 frame that will need to leave, plus a few misc. odds and ends. I have 2 hydros, rearends and steering columns among the 3 machines. The leftovers of those pieces will be staying here but the other leftovers will go away.

just put 2 newer Crapsman mowers and 2 Mantis tillers on the old CL in the 2 closest listing areas to me, I'm on the edge between them.
also have a 8hp Kohler on there, that's been on a week, listed in between the price of 2 others listed, no response yet but apparently neither has either of the other 2.....

Put a kit in a Makuni Carb for a Polaris side by side. That was a different experience a I never worked on one quit like that before. May get it on in the next few days and see if it will run better. Going to change the fuel pump also as I have a feeling the one that is in it is not OEM and is pumping to much pressure causing flooding. Have a smaller electric that I use on Gt's that seem to work good.

Ordered a new carb will be here thursday
I got the carb & accessories a few days ago, finally had some time today to install.
20190414_125821.jpg
I had to altar the carb slightly where the throttle return spring sits. I used a coping saw to saw away the little plastic block looking thing.
20190414_132510.jpg20190414_133050.jpg
Once I installed the carb this little booger fired right up on the second pull then choked out. Turned the choke lever to run & fired first pull. I adjusted the idle & mixture screws, runs great! My wife used it in a bare spot & it digs great.
15552668216896898716046400708659.jpg

There's lots of spiders where I work. It's always a joy to walk through a door then notice one of those critters swinging right in front of your face hanging off the hat brim.

DAC
I opened my shop door Friday morning & a wolf spider hit me in the face, felt like he smacked me. Like Chieffan one smack on him & he's gone. Exact same thing happened again Saturday morning but hit me in my chest. I think it was his brother, their both together now much smaller now. I hate them things!

Got the Bolens 1256 going this morning with the disc. Run over the garden to stir it up a little to dry quicker. That tractor will not turn short to save your life. Like it takes 40 A. to turn it around. Other than that works good. Then found a flat front tire on one of the EK's. Bead broke away from the rim. Now have to fight taking that side of the mower arms off to get it to the shop so I can get it seated and aired up. :mad:

Got the G16XL Bolens started right off. Up to the shop to get things check over and the tiller running. No fire to the 5 hp Briggs on the tiller. Cleaned and re-gaped the points, gaped the coil, Cleaned the flywheel, checked the wires, etc. everything back together and still no fire. Electronic ignition going on in the morning.:mad: :mad:

Quit for the day as my body don't like doing much after 3 pm, especially my back. Put a bactch of chicken leg on the rack on the grill and had a couple drinks while they cooked. Time to settle down on the couch/recliner and see what is on the tube interesting.

I opened my shop door Friday morning & a wolf spider hit me in the face, felt like he smacked me. Like Chieffan one smack on him & he's gone. Exact same thing happened again Saturday morning but hit me in my chest. I think it was his brother, their both together now much smaller now. I hate them things!

I have one worse.

I woke up Friday morning with a spider crawling across my forehead. Big crunchy guy...

Did you guys get them off your face before you smacked and crunched them? Sure hope so----LOL!

I'm working a couple hours a day at work on the weekends and holiday since one is coming up, so when I got home yesterday it was go to breakfast and run errands with my wife. We got to Harbor Freight and picked up the 25' air hose I needed along with a couple other items. By the time we got home the driveway was a slophole from melting snow so I didn't do any plowing after all. Got some honeydoos done and installed the new hose on the reel. Went in the house and watched the last half of the race with her.

Today after work this morning I had to treat it like Monday since tomorrow is a workday when it is normally my day off. I will get Friday off to make up for it. Did my laundry and a few household chores then finally got the hose reel mounted and functional. Had to move the welding table, and all the junk under it and some crap hanging on the wall behind it. All put back now but still some clean-up to do.

DAC

Week late getting the Tempo out. Now you can spray the whole house inside and out to get ahead of them. .

I need to do some pest control. Ants and a few spiders. Love spring. Mice when the fall time hit. Always snap 6 or 8. I need to spray the yard for spiders and ticks.

That's twice I've woken up with one on me. Little sobs. I'm not afraid of spiders but waking up from a dead sleep feeling one crawling across your forehead induces a small amount of panic

Put the ignition module on the Briggs tiller motor and it was running second pull. Tilled up one area of the garden. Will hit it again tomorrow and then put the 100 Red Candy Apple Onions in. Got the wheel off the EK, stuffed the bead with slime and aired it up to about 18 lbs. No leaks so down to 10 and put it back on. Pulled the carb and filed the carb mount flat where it fits to the block. Had about 1/16" bow to it. Ready to go back on. Tractors all in the shed and door shut. Road trip to pick up the new glasses tomorrow. Couple other stops and back home to get back to work before the rains come.

I need to spray the yard for spiders and ticks.

We keep the pen for our Pom sprayed and the outside of the house, especially around windows and doors. We have a family reunion ever year and I always spray the lawn where they congregate . No one has ever complained about an bites of any kind. Even the babies crawling around on the grass don't get any jigger bites. Can't beat Tempo for all around insect control.

After work today, there were a couple chores to do then I got the snow blade off of the 12G. It dawned on me that it hadn't been started or driven since the rear drive pulley failure a couple of blizzards ago, so I fired it up and drove around in the driveway for a few minutes to make sure the old belt likes the new pulley. I better do a vari drive adjustment wether it needs it or not I suppose.

DAC

Will put the carb back on the Wisconsin 7 in thew EK today before I loose pieces. Got the new mower lift together so will get the Cub 1018 to the shop and check the blades, &service the whole unit to be sure it is ready to go. Grass is growing so won't be long. Have a bunch of limbs to pick up again and more to run through the chipper/shredder.

The MF12G is ready to mow, got the zirks lubed, transaxle lube checked, hung the deck and leveled it. Found a couple loose bolts but no major issues.

I'll get the bearings and seals coming to rebuild the deck spindles since I now have a couple of spares thanks to member Esbbent. Actually starting the season with a few spare parts!

DAC

Back