What are you currently working on??

I want an old square body pick up D 250 with no rust for a daily driver, and a dart or duster and a 71-74 charger, satellite or road runner for 3 season cruiser.
I have a 78 sport fury now, I'm the 2nd owner have had since 2007. 52k original miles on it. Just a 2 barrel 318, would like to add a cam. 4 barrel and a lil more gear (nothing crazy) along with a set of keystones or old school cragars

I was given some tomato and bell pepper plants. I found homes for them today. I have 4 bell peppers, 2 'Big Boy', 2 'Better Boy's', and a yeller mater planted! We'll see what makes it between the heat and the rabbits!

I was given some tomato and bell pepper plants. I found homes for them today. I have 4 bell peppers, 2 'Big Boy', 2 'Better Boy's', and a yeller mater planted! We'll see what makes it between the heat and the rabbits!
When I remove the Tile rings from the tomato plants I put the cages around them. Cages are from combination Hog/cattle panels with the small openings at the bottom. Little harder to pick that way but the critters leave the plants alone. If the rabbits bother the cabbage will put the cage around them also. Have several panels not being used.

I totally shoehorned a car battery into the Gravely today. The plan was to pull the battery from the Gravely and put in the rider for the boys to play with. Then I found out a barrel train is coming also so I need the Gravely to pull that. The 4th battery in the pile held enough charge to spin the Kohler. I really need to clean out old batteries and invest in new ones.

Put a new Bosch blue coil on the Sears yesterday, it's been randomly stalling out of nowhere. It will start back up after sitting for a few mins, coil is usually too hot to touch and I did lose spark. Hopefully the new coil takes care of it.
Also work on a friend newer Cub LT1 rider. drive belt got shredded, found out plastic pulley broke on one side and chewed up belt.

Put a new Bosch blue coil on the Sears yesterday, it's been randomly stalling out of nowhere. It will start back up after sitting for a few mins, coil is usually too hot to touch and I did lose spark. Hopefully the new coil takes care of it.
Also work on a friend newer Cub LT1 rider. drive belt got shredded, found out plastic pulley broke on one side and chewed up belt.

Don't you love they way they keep making them cheaper?

Got the 50" deck cutting level but need to lower the wheel one hole. The wider the deck the harder to keep them level. Cub says to carry the deck on the hangers. That does not work as any unevenness the tractor wheel find so does the deck. Going to drop the wheel back down till the deck almost ride on them. May wear out the wheels sooner but will have a better looking cut. Problem started when I put on new High Lift blades the end of last year. The other Cub with a 42" deck does a much smoother job of mowing. Have to mow later today so will see what shakes out.

Took sears out to mow the field, kept dying and now is sitting out there, threw some plastic over it. I'm thinking my pickup on the flywheel is messing up or something. Going to try to cal Midwest Super cub and get their opinion as they are the ones who sell it.

Then worked on the Crapsman LT so I have something to mow with, deck engagement got rusted and needed adjustment. That little thing keep chugging along.

Wanted to get a Bolens QT up to the shop to work on the Onan engine some. But with cold, wind, and rain later will find something inside to mess with. Got a some chores to do in the basement today. Like sharpen a dozen saw chains a guy brought me last evening.

Last edited:
50°, windy with sunshine this morning so might get something done outside later. Still need to get that QT up to the shop and either get it running right or junk it. No sense it sitting around and not being a runner. Have one of those already.

worked on a buddy's CC 1250 today. I wound up coming home after being at work for a whole 2 hrs today as we were out of power. couldn't open overhead doors or have any lighting or air compressor so didn't want to sit there and twiddle thumbs for 8 hrs. no place to get lunch, or gas in the town where I work and my co worker was "needling" that "we didn't both have to be there, he had already talked to boss 80 miles away, I think he already told boss that I would probably head back home. up til this point I hadn't been planning on it...
so I called the chiropractor to see if I could get in early (which I did) then went to menards and got 1" pipe fittings for the exhaust on this tractor. Why oh why is the only way you can get a 1" "street" 45* fitting have to be galvanized. about every other size is available in a street 45 in black pipe.
had to take the governor linkage off and the the shaft bushing, and let the governor shaft dangle to get the original fitting unscrewed from the block... been looking for a muffler for this machine that doesn't cost $130, I actually found one here, that I had bought a few years ago for something else that it wouldn't quite fit... fit this machine perfect, except for needing a support strap on the opposite end from where it slips on nipple on exhaust port, some scrap 3/4" flat stock and a few zaps with a MIG cured that. I'll have to check, the number of what I used was (something like) Nelson 4N74.

then I changed trans fluid and filter, probably the 1st time done since the tractor was new. changed oil. took fender pan off and got my power washer out, it died on me while power washing 40 years of buildup off frame, hydro, underside of fender pan... 6 of the 8 allen heads that hold the pump unit together, somehow snapped their heads off and only the 2 closest to engine were holding anything, lost pressure suddenly, looked over at pump to see my water puking between the alum and the brass sections of pump.... so now I am looking for a new power washer pump.
the engine is a Honduh GX (only have this piece of junk because I got it for an almost gimmeee price at an auction a few years ago, and I got about a dozen uses of the power washer before it puked. 5.5hp. this thing has always run "ok" (not great) and is one of the most cold blooded engines I have ever had. strangely today, it started the easiest it has ever started for me/ and then the pump explodes.
I have a Kohler M8, 2- k301s, a M14, soon will have a M12 sitting here..... plus a pair of Magnum twins...… makes me want to build a power washer based on one of those.... who (what brand) makes a decent power washer pump? I'd like the biggest PSI that this 5-1/2 hp will reasonably handle. and something that will LAST. I see power washers for sale all the time... good engine, junk pump.

Went to neighbor to borrow his electric Karcher, asked for it and "yeah/ sure, no problem" til his wife chimed in that it was at one of their kids' homes and has been for a year, and the spiel on how kids always seem to "forget" to bring borrowed stuff back home.....
so I sprayed it with simple green (only thing I had here) and let it soak for ~1/2 hour and took the only thing that I had available to me at that point, was my garden hose..... put the sprayer nozzle on, and did what I could, knocked off what I could, and put it back together.... just gotta wait for a blade drive belt which might be interesting..... called Motion for a Gates "green" belt and the guy said they don't make a 3/8" wide X 78" long in anything.... kept questioning me/ was I SURE??? I told him that was what I came up with by crossing the number that was on the belt...

so I call the stealership….give them the IH PN.... no gots, but have 1 in warehouse.... $9.something/ea. and only 3 left in whole US? Don't sound right.... but if that's the case this guy has this 1250 and a pair of 1200s that take the same belt, this guy is HARD on belts, get me all 3.....
then I posted this on a CC site and found out they are still very much available for $38/ea,,,, so somehow it seems like the parts guy didn't know what he was talking about..... as many Cub Quietlines are still running, I can't believe that I am about to get the last 3 belts on Earth for them.... something's fishy. I got a feeling that when they arrive he will see his mistake and try to gouge me for the $38/each.... if that happens I'll take the ONE that I need "right now" and leave him with the other 2/

Helped my son try to get his old Ford running last night. I rebuilt the carb for him and we lost prime on the fuel pump, cannot get it to pump for anything. It even had an electric pump on it too, that one won't pump either. I was so frustrated I had to walk away.
Went down to work on the newer Cub LT1 replacing an idler pulley and main drive belt.

Today was mow first then see about pumping water from the well house. I had a bunch of hose and a submersible pump that harbor freight supplied me with back in 2015 when the ground was saturated. The water got a bit higher this time as it was close to getting in the well pump. The water level has been slowly coming down now and I gave the well a bit of chlorine.

DAC

160_5781.JPG160_5782.JPG

Last edited:
Having a hard time finding a position for the pump float in the well pit. It seems to be shutting off ok but sticks on something as the water rises. I'll keep messing with it but I'm tired of being wet and wearing dairy boots!

DAC

Back