What are you currently working on??

I don't mind snakes at all Marty, as long as they are OUTSIDE---LOL! I catch bullsnakes at work and bring them home to help with rodent control but soon as I turn them loose in the yard, they are on their own!

Pretty creative building the heating pad for the critter. How about using a heated seat element? they are pretty cheap but are 12 volt.

DAC

Snakes or other reptiles actually make good pets for people who have dog, cat or animal allergies. We feed our snake about every 10 days, spot clean the cage once or twice a week and give fresh water, so low maintenance animals.

This heat tape is pretty cheap and designed for use to heat enclosures. The most expensive part is the thermostat and you can find them for about $25.

Many breeders keep their snakes in plastic tubs in large shelved racks. They just cut one long strip and place it under a row of tubs, easy and cheap. Our enclosure is more a natural vivarium so I had to enclose the heat tape inside something the snake can lay on without getting burnt, works pretty well.

Working on an awesome pot o’coffee from my high-tech WearEver 933 Dripolator! Nice on this cold, overcast day we are having!
View attachment 20984View attachment 20985
Looks like something a Moonshiner would use. I'l stay with our Bunn. 3 min and the coffee is done. Only thing I don't like is the pot, have to remove the lid and shine a light down inside to see if any coffee is left. Heavy insulated pot with no warmer pad. Don't ask how many time I made a fresh pot of coffee when there was still2 cups in the pot !

Your augur build is looking good. No reason why it should not throw snow. I often wondered why the difference in augur style. Some are a solid augur and others have a open center to them. Mine are all solid but one walk behind 2 stage and haven't used it yet.

Between going to the Drs and Surgeons for my knee i was finally was able to make it out to get the shifter welded on the Hushy 613.
Now i need to try and get it back in and working.

Attachments

• IMG_20191215_110529135.jpg
    IMG_20191215_110529135.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20191215_110716460.jpg
    IMG_20191215_110716460.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 7
Waiting on paint to dry. Plan is to get everything ready that goes underneath (foot rests, pto, drive pully) so I only have to get down on the floor once (yea right!)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 9
Your augur build is looking good. No reason why it should not throw snow. I often wondered why the difference in augur style. Some are a solid augur and others have a open center to them. Mine are all solid but one walk behind 2 stage and haven't used it yet.
Single stage are smooth and solid and multi stage are serrated and open. Single stage spin much faster than a multistage auger so I'm not sure how a hollow auger will handle that speed. I have a feeling it's just going to make a huge cloud. We'll know soon.

It works!
Blew the powder on the ground anywhere from 20-45’, depending on how well I was doing feeding it. It is shooting some back out right next to the paddles for some reason, not going to worry about that. In the pics, the auger on the far side was just sitting, I forgot the shear pin on that side.
A871776B-5F84-4535-8F23-0001DCDF118A.jpeg
9D440B3F-E9DA-4CE2-8312-EDEC43F2E1AF.jpeg
9D440B3F-E9DA-4CE2-8312-EDEC43F2E1AF.jpeg
On the way back (wind blowing left to right) I got some snow on the road. (visible in first pic)
But
The pto cable lever won’t stay engaged. Must be an adjustment issue there. And the chute rotation lever (between me and the exhaust stack) just spins around wherever.
I’ll run it for a month or two. If it continues to work, I’m going to put a hydraulic rotation set up on the chute. I already have an extra set of ports up front for it.
One of these years I would like to build a cab for it.

That little 2 cylinder really struggles with a full load.

I like how the wife does a 360 at the end. She thought I was going to take her out with a rock.

ok, I think I got the video to show now....

Last edited:
Looks like everyone is staying busy! Andy and Barney @larrybl ! Good tractor building show! It looks really nice!

The auger seems to be working great, @Cat385B ! I'm sure glad the below zero stuff and all that snow seemed to have missed us this time! Your wife did a good job escaping injury---LOL!

Got to finally repair a couple weak spots on the homemade hydraulic blade rebuild I did last spring. It worked great spreading gravel and plowing out after the Thanksgiving blizzard but I noticed some bending going on with the brackets. I expected to find some areas that needed improvement so got it repaired and put back together today. Ready to try it again!

DAC

bracket repairs-1.JPGbracket repairs-2.JPGbracket repairs-3.JPGbracket repairs-4.JPG

I wish I had a warm shop with a concrerte floor. Others might no like it if I moved the pool table out of the way. Did get the BCS 2 wheel tractor started, bar mower off and the snow thrower on.. Oil was full gas is full so ready to go to the daughters place in case they need one. Thi is one heavy machine and will have rto drive it on the small trailer, balance it till it get the hitch down and to the truck, then move it ahead a bi. Don't need a 16' trailer to haul a 24" snowblower.

Started work on my cab windows.
I mentioned in one of my first posts that the windshield blew out on the way home. I have replaced it with Lexan, using the original rubber seal, but it's almost impossible to get the seal key back in and I'm tired of messing with it.
The guy who built the cab had bent washers to hold the plexiglass seals in. The rubber seals/panels kept failing due to the plastic being cut too small.
One of the doors came to me with the plexi already out. The guy's son, who I bought the tractor from, said the plexi often fell out of the doors if they were closed too hard.
I could have sprung for new panels and rubbers, or aluminum flat-bar to lock the panels in, but that costs money and I wanted to solve these problems on the cheap, with stuff I had in the shop..
I came up with a solution using wood scraps I had in the shop. When I'm done I'll embed everything in 3M 5200, fill any booboos in the joints and paint it satin black.
I've dry fitted one door and I'm happy with the results. I think once I paint everything it'll look fine and the panels will never fall out.
They will be removable from inside with a screwdriver and razor knife if need be. The other windows will be done over time as I tidy up each side.
Cost = $0.00.

Attachments

• 20191217_151639.jpg
    20191217_151639.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191217_151643.jpg
    20191217_151643.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191217_151713.jpg
    20191217_151713.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20191217_141152.jpg
    20191217_141152.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191217_141208.jpg
    20191217_141208.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20191217_141212.jpg
    20191217_141212.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191217_151255.jpg
    20191217_151255.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20191217_151311.jpg
    20191217_151311.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20191217_151348.jpg
    20191217_151348.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20191217_151509.jpg
    20191217_151509.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 11
Looks like everyone is staying busy! Andy and Barney @larrybl ! Good tractor building show! It looks really nice!

The auger seems to be working great, @Cat385B ! I'm sure glad the below zero stuff and all that snow seemed to have missed us this time! Your wife did a good job escaping injury---LOL!

Got to finally repair a couple weak spots on the homemade hydraulic blade rebuild I did last spring. It worked great spreading gravel and plowing out after the Thanksgiving blizzard but I noticed some bending going on with the brackets. I expected to find some areas that needed improvement so got it repaired and put back together today. Ready to try it again!

DAC

View attachment 21059View attachment 21060View attachment 21061View attachment 21062
Looks like a ceiling plow in the first picture. They're scarce as hen's teeth in these parts!

I wish I had a warm shop with a concrerte floor. Others might no like it if I moved the pool table out of the way. Did get the BCS 2 wheel tractor started, bar mower off and the snow thrower on.. Oil was full gas is full so ready to go to the daughters place in case they need one. Thi is one heavy machine and will have rto drive it on the small trailer, balance it till it get the hitch down and to the truck, then move it ahead a bi. Don't need a 16' trailer to haul a 24" snowblower.

Right there with ya, I have to do any tractor work in a cold barn with a gravel floor.

Worked on the boy's F#*d today, he said he thought starter was going out. Ended up the cable from solenoid to starter was split and corroded. I made up a new cable and it fired right up. I moved it out if carport so momma will be happy and I won't have to go out and clean her windshield at 6:30am.

At the current moment I'm waiting for the contact cement to dry so I can install the formica end pieces on a couple lengths of counters for the kitchen.

Not really my tractor work but the neighbors. Got a big round bail of hay for the goats this forenoon. Hi bails are 5' X 5' and around 1500 lbs each. His son brought it down on his new JD FWA tractor & loader. That tractor cost about what my 4 acres with buildings is worth. Goats are happy, Mom ma is happy (I think?) so I am happy.

Right there with ya, I have to do any tractor work in a cold barn with a gravel floor.

Worked on the boy's F#*d today, he said he thought starter was going out. Ended up the cable from solenoid to starter was split and corroded. I made up a new cable and it fired right up. I moved it out if carport so momma will be happy and I won't have to go out and clean her windshield at 6:30am.

At the current moment I'm waiting for the contact cement to dry so I can install the formica end pieces on a couple lengths of counters for the kitchen.

I painted and lettered a lot of signs, trucks and race cars to pay for that heated shop with a concrete floor for 28 years! I had a pool table out here too but when we had to get a new trailer house in 2006 I told my wife "You pick out whatever you want, my only want in the new house is that you have a room big enough for your pool table!" The table went in the house as soon as it was set up!

Looks like a ceiling plow in the first picture. They're scarce as hen's teeth in these parts!

Well---they must be rare as heck around here as I ain't got a clue what a ceiling plow is!---LOL! It's an old 42" cub cadet blade and I had to flip it upside down to work on it.

Your wood window trim looks great and should function as good as it looks!

DAC

Back