What are you currently working on??

Fought with condensation on the inside of my windows and snow on the outside while blowing last night.
Before I went to bed I ordered a manual wiper and a 12v 800w heater off eBay. I can mount the heater overhead and I'll pipe the windshield and both side windows and run it all off my deep cycle booster pack. Will probably only need a short blast of heat once in a while but I still don't want to try and power that much draw with the magneto.
Hope the come soon!

$7

Under $30

Those old ornaments are not replaceable and it kind of hurts when one looses one. I have several of my folks ornaments as well as some her mother had. About once every 5 years or so we get the old artificial tree out, the old bubble lights that still work and the old ornaments.
Always liked them old bubble lights

Last edited:
I put a boot sink in the basement. About 20" square and a bit deeper. Don't use it for boots but works good for the large pots and washing up coming in from outside. Would like a larger sink in the Kitchen but no room. Smaller double SS will suffice.

Last edited:
That's a really cool jack, @Jazz ! Hard to imagine someone chromed out one! Where did you get BlackHawk seals? I'm still having some trouble finding what I need to repair the dumpster find porto-power.

I'm in mourning here, it seems my trusty 1991 sign vinyl cutter is going to die. Me and that thing have spent more hours together than me and my wife I think---LOL! Going to tinker with it a bit more but I think it's done for.

DAC

1991 Ioline.JPG

Don't know if I will need it but I finally got the snow blower mounted on the tractor. My son had been using the tractor to mow with. Also got the DA 916 into the shed after we rearranged things. Also got the front axle put back together so it will steer now. Most of this was done in the rain.

I almost had one of these in good shape. The scrap yard owner wanted a fortune. I had been there many times & for months it just sit out in the yard wasting away. Here's a link of a place that has seal kits for these. Keep us posted on your progress.

the kit is $130 CDN. I’m better off replacing all the seals and make jack like new. There’s about 25 pieces in the kit2FA47F9D-F754-414F-997C-20BFC03D01B6.jpeg

Thanks for that link Jim, @Sawdust . I only had time for a real quick look so far and all I saw were the internal seals it looks like, and the one at the release valve knob is the one actually leaking. I did not get to be very thorough searching yet.

I have spent the day researching vinyl cutters and they are much cheaper than they used to be, but there may be a pretty steep learning curve for an old sign guy, not to mention cutting loose with the cash for the setup. I'm probably going to have to get something going as my plan was to use sticker and sign making for a supplemental income after I retire.

DAC

Spent the last couple days getting the shop closed in better. Should be much better when the next cold snap comes through.

Still doing research on a new vinyl cutter and software. I did get the cut quality darn near perfect again on the old one but it must have had a stroke or something. I have 100 6"x6" one color stickers to make, and run batches of 12. The cutter "forgets" what it's doing after two or three and just stops. The "buffer" memory must be where the major problem lies. At least I can piddle away at it until I decide to keep going until I can make a decision.

DAC

Have you done parts search for that vinyl cutter. Maybe able to find a new buffer card many pieces of electronic equipment have plug in memory card that are replaceable & easily accessed by removing the cover , just like a RAM card used in computers. If the rest of the cutter is working good replacing that part maybe less expensive then replacing it.
Charlie

Have you done parts search for that vinyl cutter. Maybe able to find a new buffer card many pieces of electronic equipment have plug in memory card that are replaceable & easily accessed by removing the cover , just like a RAM card used in computers. If the rest of the cutter is working good replacing that part maybe less expensive then replacing it.
Charlie
Thanks for the reply, Charlie! Yes I have done searches and blades are the only substantial parts that come up unfortunately. The cutting solenoid also is about worn out. I took it apart and cleaned it. There is only one position that I have to "clock" it to for making quality cuts. It's probably a matter of time before that spot won't respond smoothly too. I actually have cut 15 6x6 stickers tonight, but the problem is it can't hold the info to do more than one at a time. I have to manually place the cutter in position and command it to cut one at a time. It could have done a lot more but I get busy on research or typing and don't get back to it right away.

I'm getting the hunt narrowed down, and it will run just under a thousand bucks for a cutter, software a few supplies I'm low on and a heat press for t-shirts that my wife wants.

I sure can't bash my old cutter, it doesn't owe me a dime. I'm still running it and the old design software on a 20 year old windows 98 pc!

DAC

Doing any type of repairs whether it be home related, auto, tractors etc, you sometimes come across that scratch your head situation. Working at my nephew's getting ready to redo his bathroom I noticed a wire in the wall behind shower they tore out, cut and taped off, big no-no. Then I started looking and 2 other wires going into box and when I looked to see what was in the box on the other side of wall....there wasn't one. Grabbed a screwdriver and began to bust out the drywall. See pic below, newspaper from 2000 shoved in box then mudded over. All three wires are just cut off inside. I checked and thankfully none have juice but no idea where they go to. Wondering what else we will find in this house.

20200115_161051.jpg

Back