What are you currently working on??

Thanks for the reply, Charlie! Yes I have done searches and blades are the only substantial parts that come up unfortunately. The cutting solenoid also is about worn out. I took it apart and cleaned it. There is only one position that I have to "clock" it to for making quality cuts. It's probably a matter of time before that spot won't respond smoothly too. I actually have cut 15 6x6 stickers tonight, but the problem is it can't hold the info to do more than one at a time. I have to manually place the cutter in position and command it to cut one at a time. It could have done a lot more but I get busy on research or typing and don't get back to it right away.

I'm getting the hunt narrowed down, and it will run just under a thousand bucks for a cutter, software a few supplies I'm low on and a heat press for t-shirts that my wife wants.

I sure can't bash my old cutter, it doesn't owe me a dime. I'm still running it and the old design software on a 20 year old windows 98 pc!

DAC
Dac I had a friend that had a thing for old printers. Some if these things were as big as a Volkswagen. He searched all the time for parts. There's probably an old parts supplier out there somewhere that could help. Like most things we search for it's just a matter of time. Hope you get your stickers made up on time.

Doing any type of repairs whether it be home related, auto, tractors etc, you sometimes come across that scratch your head situation. Working at my nephew's getting ready to redo his bathroom I noticed a wire in the wall behind shower they tore out, cut and taped off, big no-no. Then I started looking and 2 other wires going into box and when I looked to see what was in the box on the other side of wall....there wasn't one. Grabbed a screwdriver and began to bust out the drywall. See pic below, newspaper from 2000 shoved in box then mudded over. All three wires are just cut off inside. I checked and thankfully none have juice but no idea where they go to. Wondering what else we will find in this house.

View attachment 21891
I've seen that before Marty. I was remodeling a kitchen years ago while chipping away some old plaster my chisel went inside an open box. The chisel shorted out the circuit & blew the box up into my face. I felt like I had been sand blasted with no goggles on. Like you mentioned makes you wonder what else there is wrong. Glad you found it.

Spent some time with my Cub Cadet 123. Recently had replaced some steering components, but the tractor didn’t want to start. Plenty of battery. So, went to work cleaning points, draining fuel, etc. put it back together, added some fresh real gas, vrooomm!!

It will be good to have this one for the garden come Spring.

Also replaced the carb on my Mantis tiller. Fired right up and ran like a top!

CD6D89B1-90D0-400F-83C3-2DB9E8DAB97C.jpeg54D70D12-160C-4421-B8B6-3A3BF6D1FB9F.jpegE5170B35-1DDF-4A4C-8ED0-047FC5279F97.jpegE78A8405-24C3-4C41-9898-D33CEA8ADE82.jpeg

Dac I had a friend that had a thing for old printers. Some if these things were as big as a Volkswagen. He searched all the time for parts. There's probably an old parts supplier out there somewhere that could help. Like most things we search for it's just a matter of time. Hope you get your stickers made up on time.

Now that's a big printer---LOL! Thanks for the response, Jim. I don't intend on scrapping the old cutter if I get this new stuff, but the fact of the matter is that supplementing the income, and getting what work comes in done efficiently is what I need. I already have old GT's and trucks to tinker with and sure don't need to spend a lot of time looking to restore a 30 year old vinyl cutter that is only worth some scrap price. If I stumble across some stuff that will help it cheap, I may just play with it more in the future.

Got 30 stickers done. Ran out of white vinyl so my next vinyl order may include a new cutter and software!

DAC

Been trying to get some scrap gathered up, mostly brass.

Since I handload my ammunition, I tend to gather quite a bit. I also stop at the shooting range everyday on my way to work and scrounge for brass. I keep what I want and sell what I can, if it's junk, I toss it in a bucket. I currently have 10, 5 gallon buckets filled up.

Not hollow weight either, when I scrap brass, it's because it's no longer safe to reload, so I deprime it and flatten the case out in a vice. Some scrapyards complain about primed stuff and either won't take it or give you dirty brass prices even though the primer is brass too. I sort of sneak around that and add the spent primers to the shred pile, don't seem to care about that stuff. A coffee can full of spent primers is pretty heavy.

Off work today. My wife had foot surgery this morning. Something called a neuroma... Had the same on the left foot a few years ago this time was the right foot. Doc said something about being on concrete all day, I asked why I don't get such issues with the kind of work I have done all these years, and he said that he sees it a whole lot more in women for some reason, something with how they're "wired" vs us guys.
This afternoon it's a Dr appointment for me, when Donna went in for a pre surgery checkup they yelled at her because I haven't been in in over a year to which I said "and.....?" I'll be in when I need something.. they haven't billed my insurance on my behalf in that long, I think that they are just "hungry"..... I have been in the chiropractor a few times since then though, now that I need to get back into.... And the chiropractor's massage girl too.

Been going to do this for a while! Today was the day. I had some 8 gauge (?) wire laying about and a full set of clamps for jumper cables. Cleaned things up a bit, crimped with the hydraulic crimper, and soldered the wires in. Painted one set of grips with "RED" plastic paint. Now I have a set of GT sized jumper cables about 7'-8' long.

Attachments

• DSCN5037.JPG
    DSCN5037.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN5038.JPG
    DSCN5038.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN5039.JPG
    DSCN5039.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 4
General rule, women buy their shoes for looks men buy their shoes for comfort damn the looks. Don
In this case, no. They say hi heels contributes,, but I haven't seen her wear anything like that in 10+ years. She mostly wears the more expensive new balance athletic shoes, which are supposed to be the best for support besides the extra cost insoles recommended by said foot doctor.

I found a much needed place to buy scrap about 40 miles round trip from home. I went out on Wednesday only to find out there closed so I went out again yesterday. I got four nice pieces of 1/4" steel plate, a piece of c channel, a small piece of 2 1/2" angle, & about a 11' piece of square tube. It came out to be 163 pounds at .30 a pound ended up costing $48.90. I was happy. They had a lot of the 1/4" plate. They also had a piece of 1/2" thick x 2 1/2" wide flat stock about 12' long. I might go back & get that. I'm like a kid in a candy store around this stuff.
20200116_142119.jpg20200116_142147.jpg

We haven't had a local scrapyard that sell around here for 30 or more years. Used to be the Saturday morning routine back in the early to mid 1980's. My brother-in-law and I would go there and be in hog heaven! I'm still using an 8' aluminum stepladder I bought there! 6 bucks if I remember right.

It was only about 10 years ago when we finally got a "pick and pull" junkyard. I scored pretty good on parts for my '55 GMC around 8 years ago there.

DAC

I need some 3/4" or 1" square solid to rebuild the grate in the fireplace. New grate only lasts 1/2 season. About ready to quit burning wood.

I had a couple of old reliable tools that needed cords. My Black & Decker Pro series angle grinder & my DeWalt miter saw. I know some may say just buy a pre made cord. I tried that last year buying a Husky cord for my Milwaukee power saw. The cord is way too hard even in the summer. I found out Lowe's has some quality soft rubber yet durable wire in all sizes bulk & along with Harbor Freight plugs makes a good fix. Maybe another 30 plus years :D
20200115_150811.jpg20200115_150743.jpg20200115_164736.jpg20200115_164311.jpg20200115_164709.jpg20200118_110439.jpg

Spent some time with my Cub Cadet 123. Recently had replaced some steering components, but the tractor didn’t want to start. Plenty of battery. So, went to work cleaning points, draining fuel, etc. put it back together, added some fresh real gas, vrooomm!!

It will be good to have this one for the garden come Spring.

Also replaced the carb on my Mantis tiller. Fired right up and ran like a top!

View attachment 21909View attachment 21910View attachment 21911View attachment 21912
Purdy

My defroster/heater came. Going to set to work making an overhead console to house the heater, duct-work, storage compartment, dome light and switches for lights. Also picked up some LED marker lights, two red for the back and two amber for the front. I don't like getting sideways in the road when doing the plow bank without some lights visible from the sides and back.

Attachments

• 20200118_145926.jpg
    20200118_145926.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200118_145935.jpg
    20200118_145935.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200118_164434.jpg
    20200118_164434.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200118_175901.jpg
    20200118_175901.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200118_175911.jpg
    20200118_175911.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 10
I actually looked at and worked on a tractor today. Got chains and snow plow on. Switched the battery from JR's butt buggy back to the Gravely for snow plowing tonight. Nothing like throwing chains on with snow swirling down your neck.

Painted yesterday at my nephew's and today started on the laminate flooring. His mom is moving in with him while her house is being built and he has let this house go to utter crap, literally. He let's his Newfoundland crap and pee everywhere.....and the dog hair. :rolleyes:
Anyway, worked about 3 hrs today cleaning floor, laying underlayment and then laid 9 boxes of flooring.
20200118_120630.jpg
20200118_151649.jpg

Back