What are you currently working on??

I had to go down back to get some pieces out of one of the sheds and walked across the lawn for the first time since the snow melted. Looks like I threw about 2 yards of gravel onto the grass. So I'm searching Kijiji for an electric show shovel with paddles. I figure it won't cut the grass like a sweeper brush would but should flick the gravel off pretty slick. That's how I see it in my head anyway. I'm thinking I'd want to drag it backwards to keep the leading edge of the paddles from hammering the rocks into the lawn. I'll let ya know how wrong I was in the spring. lol

$_59.JPG

Last edited:
Since my driveways are gravel I did some testing with my snowblower. First was after removing the cutting edge I replaced it with a piece of 1 inch pipe & set it up so that it could roll. I still found it picking some gravel so a set of lawnmower wheels got mounted on the sides so that it holds the snowblower about 2 inches off the ground. now I have no problems picking gravel & the little bit of snow left on the driveway is not a problem. The axles for the wheels use clips so when I blow snow on a hard surface it is easy to remove the wheels.
Charlie

Little gravel on the sides of the drive takes care of those that can't stay on the drive. I covered my 3/4" with 3/8" shoulder rock, then packed it down good with a vibrating pad packer used for asphalt, hand model. That was 20 years ago and still have no rock problem with the thrower. Will get a chunk of ice of mud once in a while.

I had to patch a cracked exhaust on the old Camry until I can get a new front half exhaust system orderd. Going to wait till payday. Spent a lot of money lately! I got off work early to go to a Dr. appointment then I came home and my new grinding stuff from Benchmark was here. I cleared out a drawer under the bench grinder for the wheels. Then it was time to study the software for the new sign program. Learning it little by little!

DAC

Finally got this brass piece out of my 1940's Blackhawk jack. Had to break free with punch and knockometer,,minimal damage. Now one more steel piece same deal but deep inside jack. I'll be making a removal tool that i can adapt to my impact gun.
update.my home made tool did not budge the piece. Had 1/2” impact attached. Not calling Jack a boat anchor yet

Attachments

• 60175549372__0F74AE37-F61E-4A50-A293-2F01537BC09E.JPG
    60175549372__0F74AE37-F61E-4A50-A293-2F01537BC09E.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6088.JPG
    IMG_6088.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 13
  • 3C42EA58-D820-44B1-9D9C-5FF58BA3AC2F.jpeg
    3C42EA58-D820-44B1-9D9C-5FF58BA3AC2F.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Gathered up the 4 trail cams this morning that I had out yet. Ground blind is froze in solid so will have to wait for warmer weather. Cameras cleaned up, batteries checked and ready for use in flashlights, etc. Deer hunting items put away and turkey season stuf come out. Time to start practicing.

Had to get the windshield washers working in my wife's '06 GMC today. Thought it was the pump but found a pinched line. I Must have done it when I put her new battery in---DUH! Worked on the new software again for a while, and now having a beer for Kenny's birthday.

DAC

The big pine in the front yard took a beating a few weeks ago when we got that heavy snow. A half dozen good size branches made it to the ground but there were still 11 caught up in the tree. I clamped together two snow-rake handles and was able to reach up over 30' and hauled down about half of them before my neck got sore. One of the limbs "unplugged" from the trunk. Never saw such a thing.

20200202_151219_HDR.jpg20200201_140512.jpg

Attachments

• 20200201_140516.jpg
    20200201_140516.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200201_140527.jpg
    20200201_140527.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 4
That's why when I saw a twin post lift on CL a handful of years ago for a good price, I had to buy it..... I'm surprised that someone didn't beat me to it being it was over an hour away from here.....but now that I have it I wouldn't be without it... now that my son is married find myself "volunteered" a whole lot more often to work on stuff......… I got tired of being able to have a lift at work and then come home to a floor jack and stands.....

I went to an Eastwood store today, you see them advertised on the weekend auto repair programs on Velocity/Motor trend TV all the time.... been wanting to check this place out for a couple years now...… lots and lots of auto body supplies and equipment aimed at the DIY crowd... from paint and fillers, to sandpaper, welding equip, body shop "X" stands, powdercoat supplies and guns, various (mostly Chinamade) air tools, English wheels, planish hammer stand, deep throat shear and more.... they have DIY clinics on the weeknds, Saturdays is pay programs, Sunday is free seminars.
I might have to get signed up since all their paint guns are HVLP and mine look like what they had displayed as a "museum piece" and in another spot "your Grandpa's paint gun...… I have never used an HVLP. Definitely interested in their powdercoat seminar, their HVLP paint gun how to day, and their tips/tricks to bend/straighten sheet metal (I wonder if they teach patience..... that that is one of my most dwindling skills and one of the most important to have when it comes to metal work...… I bought some of their "Rust Encapsulator" to try (I usually use POR 15, this is a competing product), one regular spray can and the other a spray can with a long wand to get into rocker panels, insides of door bottoms, frame rails, between truck bedsides and wheel wells, etc.... to try. My "newest" (to me) Dakota back wheel wells are starting to get crappy, it's "do something NOW or watch it disintegrate" time, I just want to slow it down some if that might be possible...…
I have a tractor or 2 I'd like to paint, a lot of what they have would be quite useful..... bodywork is bodywork.

I went to an Eastwood store today, you see them advertised on the weekend auto repair programs on Velocity/Motor trend TV all the time.... been wanting to check this place out for a couple years now...… lots and lots of auto body supplies and equipment aimed at the DIY crowd... from paint and fillers, to sandpaper, welding equip, body shop "X" stands, powdercoat supplies and guns, various (mostly Chinamade) air tools, English wheels, planish hammer stand, deep throat shear and more.... they have DIY clinics on the weeknds, Saturdays is pay programs, Sunday is free seminars.
I might have to get signed up since all their paint guns are HVLP and mine look like what they had displayed as a "museum piece" and in another spot "your Grandpa's paint gun...… I have never used an HVLP. Definitely interested in their powdercoat seminar, their HVLP paint gun how to day, and their tips/tricks to bend/straighten sheet metal (I wonder if they teach patience..... that that is one of my most dwindling skills and one of the most important to have when it comes to metal work...… I bought some of their "Rust Encapsulator" to try (I usually use POR 15, this is a competing product), one regular spray can and the other a spray can with a long wand to get into rocker panels, insides of door bottoms, frame rails, between truck bedsides and wheel wells, etc.... to try. My "newest" (to me) Dakota back wheel wells are starting to get crappy, it's "do something NOW or watch it disintegrate" time, I just want to slow it down some if that might be possible...…
I have a tractor or 2 I'd like to paint, a lot of what they have would be quite useful..... bodywork is bodywork.

Rust encapsulator is poor product because in time it separates and traps moisture,,,same as Ziebart. I have seen first hand the damage they cause
I only spray oil products that don’t dry and will creep into every nook and cranny
I bought my bead roller from
Eastwood. Well worth the money but it absolutely must be reinforced with tube stock otherwise it will twist,,,it’s common knowledge

Attachments

• 63EC43A7-825E-4CEA-A43B-6D6E215996E3.jpeg
    63EC43A7-825E-4CEA-A43B-6D6E215996E3.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 9
Back