What are you currently working on??

So got under my truck. But hardly could get back out. Feet asleep, knees hurtin on concrete. Any way. The rear diff flex brake hose has been rubbing on the steel brake line and wore a hole in the line. The rubber flex hose has protective plastic rings on it. This is what was rubbing on the line. Now to fix it.

Noel

Attachments

• 3DB76FCF-D817-4CB1-BF7B-72777FB0E1D9.jpeg
    3DB76FCF-D817-4CB1-BF7B-72777FB0E1D9.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2D907EC9-8650-4128-BF94-ECBB6D4D34C4.jpeg
    2D907EC9-8650-4128-BF94-ECBB6D4D34C4.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 8E90D864-EB9D-4ACB-8DB6-A789BCCBAE4E.png
    8E90D864-EB9D-4ACB-8DB6-A789BCCBAE4E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Well, got a union in there. Jumpins, every thing is either asleep or hurtin. Trying to sit in under there and still be able to see. When ever I sell this truck, which maybe soon, box is rusted out, and today while under there I see hole in frame. Not good, any way, I’ll give the money to my son to help pay for a hoist. He been wanting one for a while now.

Noel

Attachments

• 9048BD4E-0769-401D-8AD8-BBB6268B940D.jpeg
    9048BD4E-0769-401D-8AD8-BBB6268B940D.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 4
Still trying to get my nephew's house together, these floors are kicking my butt. Well, I should say the going up an down the stairs a million times a day to garage to do all the cutting is killing me.
Saturday I installed a wheel chair ramp for my son's ex-GF's dad, he became paralyzed when a cabinet fell on him taking it down the stairs, blew out a disc in his neck.
Sunday I painted the lower arms on the purple Sears and got my ole Tahoe running which has been out of service for 2 1/2 yrs. Needs complete brake system redone and front end rebuilt. After looking at and pricing used trucks, might as well get it road worthy again.

2 bedrooms down and a partial hallway.

20200128_154646.jpg
20200203_160626.jpg

Had some errands to run in town, got back home and cleaned the shop some then started on a new sticker project. It's still not going fast yet but learning a lot.

Noel, you need a "Mity-Vac" suction gun for bleeding brakes alone. There's two of them in that pic. I never have help so things like this are valuable. Also if I can ever afford a lift, it's going to be a 4 post with a jack kit and a wheel kit. That eliminates the crawling around on the floor trying to find where to position the two-post lift pads!

DAC

MityVac.jpg

Well, my son came over and we got the brakes blead. Good excuse to get son over to visit. Hehe.

Thanks for the tip Mark.

Ya Doug. I would rather a four post hoist. Two post ones just don’t look safe to me. But are used in all garages. So if installed right they would be fine, I guess. Had a car fall on me years ago, so I’m very very nervous about getting under any thing.

Will get the truck off the stands today and clean up the tools. And get it out for a test run.

Noel.

Last edited:
Dang the luck Noel! Now is that truck going to drive you to the funny farm? At least you shouldn't have to get back under the truck to work on that. Glad the brakes are working! Were you hurt when the car fell on you? I had a customer that had that happen, and he didn't survive.

My brother in law has 8 four post lifts and I get jealous every time I see them---LOL! My shop is pretty tight compared to his two big shops so one is all I ever could use anyway. Long shot for one even happening.

DAC

Now is that truck going to drive you to the funny farm?
Yep, that’s the one Doug. Ya, I had my Subaru Brat jacked up and she rolled off the jack and blocks I had under it and landed on my legs and pinned me. I was by myself at the time. Luckily after a while I was able to wiggle my way out. Luckily I was not hurt bad. Some bruising. But sure opened my eyes as to how to block a lifted vehicle.

Noel

Along those line, last summer I saw a guy under a mower deck scraping it out. Had a farm jack (Dangerous to start with) under the front of the mower, no blocks or suport of any kind. Guess he survived as I saw him do the same thing later on.

Back