What are you currently working on??

Well "new" truck is home, put a battery in it and hit the key, it turns over at least. Gotta find me an exhaust manifold and put it on before I can see if it'll run. I don't see any reason it won't so far.
It's unbelievable how much I have had and scrapped over the years because "everybody" had tons of but now can't find.but wish I had back.

I went junking yesterday, local yard did have 2-3 out there with this engine in them, all but 1 has been crushed out/ so I started pulling the manifold set up, got down to about 3 bolts left and saw that it's exhaust manifold was cracked. Mine is bad by virtue of a ham fisted po... For some reason he tried to separate the intake from the exhaust manifold, busted the studs and drilled thru and thru, and put all thread in all 3 holes, but now there's a big hole in the exhaust manifold. I have a few more leads, another junkyard not far from here that has lots of 60s and 70s stuff, should be able to find a 1/2 dozen there hoping for good weather Wednesday as I'm off of work, good time to go look. And called a few buddies from the old car club that all think they might have something laying around. I could buy a new one from Dorman, but don't want to spend the money til I know that it runs.
One of my buddies asked if I wanted a 4 barrel intake for it....I am playing with the idea of adding a junkyard brew blow thru turbo to it, instead of yanking it for a V8 like I have done in the past. We will have to see.
When did 1985 become "old"? I graduated from high school that year, and this truck was brand new then. Not sure yet but I might start a thread on it in the "rides" section here.

1985 is practically new to me DT, since my newest truck is a '72! I kick myself for scrapping a lot of stuff too!

Today I did a couple of honeydoos in the house then studied on the cutter and software. Got a logo built and simplified enough to attempt a pretty detailed HO scale sticker. It's .7" tall. It was, needless to say difficult to weed the excess vinyl but that wasn't a problem with the new equipment. It's just kinda dumb to try to cut something that small with that much detail!

van2.JPG

While weeding that, I could smell spray paint here in my office. I haven't painted anything for a couple of weeks! The spray paint cabinet is in this room so when I checked there was a can spraying in there! Carefully removed (paranoid about getting sprayed in the face) cans until I could see a mist. Finally got to a can of Rustoleum gloss black that had a pinhole in the side seam! Got it bagged and out to the garbage without it exploding worse! Took a while to clean up other cans and stash them so the shelf can dry out! Didn't feel like putting those little stickers on that van body after all that! Glad it didn't happen while I was at work!

spray bomb bomb.JPGspraybomb bomb.JPG

Hopefully that was a freak incident. I had a can start spraying uncontrollably once about 40 years ago back when I had a little workshop in the old house. Pressed the spray head and it didn't come back up! So with a stroke of intelligence I jerked the spray nozzle out. MISTAKE! It really started blasting then! Took me a long time cleaning up the mess it made running out of the house to toss it like a grenade! At least I didn't have to run across carpet!

DAC

1985 is practically new to me DT, since my newest truck is a '72! I kick myself for scrapping a lot of stuff too!

Today I did a couple of honeydoos in the house then studied on the cutter and software. Got a logo built and simplified enough to attempt a pretty detailed HO scale sticker. It's .7" tall. It was, needless to say difficult to weed the excess vinyl but that wasn't a problem with the new equipment. It's just kinda dumb to try to cut something that small with that much detail!

View attachment 22595

While weeding that, I could smell spray paint here in my office. I haven't painted anything for a couple of weeks! The spray paint cabinet is in this room so when I checked there was a can spraying in there! Carefully removed (paranoid about getting sprayed in the face) cans until I could see a mist. Finally got to a can of Rustoleum gloss black that had a pinhole in the side seam! Got it bagged and out to the garbage without it exploding worse! Took a while to clean up other cans and stash them so the shelf can dry out! Didn't feel like putting those little stickers on that van body after all that! Glad it didn't happen while I was at work!

View attachment 22597View attachment 22598

Hopefully that was a freak incident. I had a can start spraying uncontrollably once about 40 years ago back when I had a little workshop in the old house. Pressed the spray head and it didn't come back up! So with a stroke of intelligence I jerked the spray nozzle out. MISTAKE! It really started blasting then! Took me a long time cleaning up the mess it made running out of the house to toss it like a grenade! At least I didn't have to run across carpet!

DAC
Next time, which we hope don't happen, put it in a plastic shopping bag to get it to the door. Cut a hole in the top of a gallon milk jug for storage. Have a couple hanging around the basement and shop.

This is in my JD 140. What is it and why is it there. Head gasket was leankin a bit so was fixing that and found this. Normal, not normal ?
Ideas.

Noel

Attachments

• BE39E080-94FE-46B5-B245-0D38CCAA1428.jpeg
    BE39E080-94FE-46B5-B245-0D38CCAA1428.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 7BE9B4E9-E71D-4B62-BFF9-50247447B02E.png
    7BE9B4E9-E71D-4B62-BFF9-50247447B02E.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 6F265447-7ED9-4F8F-9B5B-6D21C2ADE347.png
    6F265447-7ED9-4F8F-9B5B-6D21C2ADE347.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 11
Installed the manual wiper on the Honda today. Set the other door window with the new glazing...still have the front and rear windows to glaze. Cut some sheet metal to fill one side in under the seat where a gap between the original tunnel and cab addition was previously covered with rotted carpet. Still have the other side to cut and install. Too cold for working outside much. Didn't get above -10 all day.

Back