What are you currently working on??

back from the tax guy, "not happy".. usually get a refund, I was hoping for a "wash" this year/ no, I owe them MORE...…. the result of having to go into my 401 a year ago to pay for brother in law's "final expenses"..... nuff said, probably shouldn't have even said that much....
as depressing as it is seeing how much they steal out of my check twice a month, how can I still owe?

Other than this year I NEVER owe. And the tax idiot showed me that if I hadn't of taken anything out of my 401 that I would have gotten back this year too. Because my dumbass in-laws either couldn't or as in the case of my sister in law, Ms. "high and mighty", I got a snotty "oh, we could contribute, but I don't feel that we should have to" They were not raised that way... Now if this had been someone on her husband's side then things would be totally different.....
The guy who died of cancer, was "only" their brother, who was born in between them.but "big sister" and me got stuck /lock stock and barrel, for the entire funeral bill. And now I get to pay for that funeral yet again, with the IRS. If she did before, (a figment of my imagination?) as far as I am concerned, my sister in law no longer exists. She has always looked at us as "peasants", second class which has never sat well with me anyway and now this.
No W4 adjustment needed, only an attitude adjustment from big sister to little brother and sister that will never happen. My wife is too "nice" for that. Don't want to make waves, you all know what I mean. But her family made the waves I just wish I could get my wife to stop them

Last edited:
Other than this year I NEVER owe. And the tax idiot showed me that if I hadn't of taken anything out of my 401 that I would have gotten back this year too. Because my dumbass in-laws either couldn't or as in the case of my sister in law, Ms. "high and mighty", I got a snotty "oh, we could contribute, but I don't feel that we should have to" They were not raised that way... Now if this had been someone on her husband's side then things would be totally different.....
The guy who died of cancer, was "only" their brother, who was born in between them.but "big sister" and me got stuck /lock stock and barrel, for the entire funeral bill. And now I get to pay for that funeral yet again, with the IRS. If she did before, (a figment of my imagination?) as far as I am concerned, my sister in law no longer exists. She has always looked at us as "peasants", second class which has never sat well with me anyway and now this.
No W4 adjustment needed, only an attitude adjustment from big sister to little brother and sister that will never happen. My wife is too "nice" for that. Don't want to make waves, you all know what I mean. But her family made the waves I just wish I could get my wife to stop them
You need to buy yourself a new toy.

I did, before I knew the bad tax news. A new to me pick up, that was new the year that I graduated from high school.
Simplicity at it's best. Slant 6 engine (wanted one with a V8 but this one is clean, I have a few V8's to pick from laying around in the garage if I decide to swap later) 1 barrel carb, no computer..... '85 D-100 long bed
I have more spare parts for those trucks squirrel holed away than I do small engine parts. All of the big 3 needs to bring back the trucks from that time frame.
Dimmer switch on the floor, wing windows, cowl vents, wiper and headlite switches easy to find but not all crammed into the same switch, real steel CHROME bumpers, better lasting suspension, better looking, what's to lose? Some higher Up's brother in law that claimed to be an engineer needed a job so now we have the overpriced trucks that aren't as well made to put up with

Last edited:
I did, before I knew the bad tax news. A new to me pick up, that was new the year that I graduated from high school.
Simplicity at it's best. Slant 6 engine (wanted one with a V8 but this one is clean, I have a few V8's to pick from laying around in the garage if I decide to swap later) 1 barrel carb, no computer..... '85 D-100 long bed
I have more spare parts for those trucks squirrel holed away than I do small engine parts. All of the big 3 needs to bring back the trucks from that time frame.
Dimmer switch on the floor, wing windows, cowl vents, wiper and headlite switches easy to find but not all crammed into the same switch, real steel CHROME bumpers, better lasting suspension, better looking, what's to lose? Some higher Up's brother in law that claimed to be an engineer needed a job so now we have the overpriced trucks that aren't as well made to put up with
At least you got big tax cuts. My taxes just stay the same.

Bday cake and coffee

Goin on the prowl for a hangover tonight, hopefully I make better judgment call on trying to pick up girls... last time I got a wicked surprise from a “girl”

Now that you’ve spewed coffee out your nose, my work is done:thumbs:

Haha. Had a coworker who back in the late 80's woke up next to a pretty heavy girl, he was trying his best to sneak out then he realized he was at his apartment. Then he decided a few yrs later he was gay :eek:

I couldn't bring myself to work on the garage door. It got quiet, so I just lubed the bearing on the side with the spring, rather than mess with it and end up with a shorter forehead. Instead, I rooted through the steel I got a few weeks back and found an interestingly shaped length of 1/16 steel channel and decided to fabricate a new bumper/hood frame to replace the dented and bent sheet metal piece that was the original on the Honda.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Still have to sand and paint the bumper, along with the hood, but all the cutting and welding is done.
Will now start a beer in anticipation of tonight's Halifax Thunderbirds lacrosse game and UFC card. Glug glug. GO BIRDS!

Attachments

• 20191103_145050.jpg
    20191103_145050.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200229_160923.jpg
    20200229_160923.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200229_160932.jpg
    20200229_160932.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200229_160947.jpg
    20200229_160947.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200229_161458.jpg
    20200229_161458.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200229_161631.jpg
    20200229_161631.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200229_161636.jpg
    20200229_161636.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200229_161649.jpg
    20200229_161649.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200229_161703.jpg
    20200229_161703.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 7
Haha. Had a coworker who back in the late 80's woke up next to a pretty heavy girl, he was trying his best to sneak out then he realized he was at his apartment. Then he decided a few yrs later he was gay :eek:
So that means if you slept with him back in the day it turns out you're gay too. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bday cake and coffee

Goin on the prowl for a hangover tonight, hopefully I make better judgment call on trying to pick up girls... last time I got a wicked surprise from a “girl”

Now that you’ve spewed coffee out your nose, my work is done:thumbs:

You gotta watch these days. Beer goggles and a well dressed she Male might get you in your end. Or the end...or something

I ended up with a few girls that weren't as pretty in the morning but not that bad. But they had their proper parts.

I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, actually got some aches and pains now, LOL!

Put a cat-forward exhaust system on the old '95 Camry today. Sure wish I had a lift! Tough for an old man to slide under and out a few hundred times when it's so close to the floor! There's 3 exhaust manifold bolts and one came off nicely. The other two felt like I was gonna break the studs off and that would have really sucked! I sprayed some Lawson penetrating oil on them and went in the house to have lunch. I'll be darned if that loosened them up just fine! It's done. Nice and quiet again instead of sounding like a straight pipe tractor!

DAC

camry exhaust1.JPGcamry exhaust2.JPG

I quit trying to work under anything on the floor any more. Lift and raised table for the tractors and the vehicles go to the shop in town. Just got the van back, stupid plastic heater hose Y cracked and needed an EGR valve replaced. Chrysler parts wanted over $500 as they sell the Y with hose, etc as a unit. Found a metal Y with clamps and 4" piece of hose as a repair kit for that vehicle for $8. Fit great and my repair man was going to remember that part as he could not find one. Made by Doreman. Got everything done for under $275.

I quit trying to work under anything on the floor any more. Lift and raised table for the tractors and the vehicles go to the shop in town. Just got the van back, stupid plastic heater hose Y cracked and needed an EGR valve replaced. Chrysler parts wanted over $500 as they sell the Y with hose, etc as a unit. Found a metal Y with clamps and 4" piece of hose as a repair kit for that vehicle for $8. Fit great and my repair man was going to remember that part as he could not find one. Made by Doreman. Got everything done for under $275.
Dorman manufacturers all the parts the dealers either charge way too much for or won't even sell to the public. The first time the ignition let go in my old Liberty, the dealer charged for a complete steering column assembly. The second time, I went to a buddy who bought an automotive electric shop and he told me Chrysler wouldn't sell the key switch assembly without buying the entire column but he knew a company that sold all those typed of parts. It turned out to be Dorman...$65.00.
The Dorman website will convert most dealer part numbers to their numbers then you can search eBay or Amazon with the Dorman part# and save even more.

I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, actually got some aches and pains now, LOL!

Put a cat-forward exhaust system on the old '95 Camry today. Sure wish I had a lift! Tough for an old man to slide under and out a few hundred times when it's so close to the floor! There's 3 exhaust manifold bolts and one came off nicely. The other two felt like I was gonna break the studs off and that would have really sucked! I sprayed some Lawson penetrating oil on them and went in the house to have lunch. I'll be darned if that loosened them up just fine! It's done. Nice and quiet again instead of sounding like a straight pipe tractor!

DAC

View attachment 23036View attachment 23037
Aches and pains. We all know that tune brother.
I guess that's why we're all called "senior" members :cool:

Put together the "coleman" CT-200u for its first ride. My 3 year and I rode it around dads back field for an hour. Its completely stock atm but soon it wont be. Honestly I dont think it needs much more power. 6.5hp rips me around pretty good! I'm highly impressed. I have a lot of hop up parts to go in it so it's going to get a built motor.

Back