What are you currently working on??

I have a twin post lift in my garage. Idk how I got along without it. Has to have been the best thing that I ever bought via CL. 9000 lb capacity, one of the last Weaver lifts before Rotary company bought them out. Some would complain about the floor plate, but it has never been an issue for me. This thing is built way better than anything you can get these days besides a mohawk brand. It also comes in handy putting stuff in the garage attic, just leave it in the bed of my truck, put the truck on the lift, raise the lift and load/unload anything that I might ever need to. With the truck all the way up, standing in the truck bed, the floor of the attic is about thigh high.
Besides all of the "car work" I do on it.... (Definitely more than just my own vehicles)
The biggest problem with having one? Coming home from work and finding my son has the lift tied up so I can't use it

Got a new toy to fix up and use on these engines... A valve grinder, seat cutter, and tons of tooling. I've thought about buying one at times throughout the years but this one found me. And to think, about 4 years ago, I ended up with a pile of brand new Sioux brand stones and grinding wheels from an auction that I gave away because I didn't have a machine that I could use them on. I have also had and given up, a nice seat cutter (basically a miter drill) now I have another.....

I'll get numbers later, the grinder is a black and Decker, and it is HEAVY.

Yeah maybe someday I can afford a hoist. I know I can't afford to take my stuff to a shop, get charged a 500% markup on parts then 75-100 bucks an hour for inept work that I end up fixing myself anyway! I'll put up with aches and pains until I can't get up off the floor I guess! Don't hurt as bad as expected today though!

Got the Camry out of the shop, cleaned up and brought in my wife's '06 Denali. Just checked it out and put LED reverse lamps in it. She has been wanting them to be brighter so we'll try that. Then i made a couple of signs for a co-worker to install on a old gas pump he recently restored. After that I had to fix a shower head that broke on me last night! Actually dug out an old one and cleaned it up until we can get a new one. I tested it and works fine. I'll stand under it in a while!

DAC

deanh gas pump2.JPG

well.... started cleaning up years of dust and grime on the valve grinder, 2 issues with it that I can see so far to fix before I can try it and a 3rd that I will have to fix "eventually"... The motor was hanging "weirdly" when we unloaded it from my kid's truck, turns out the rubber feet that the motor mounts to are brittle and busted... rubber cushion with short studs sticking out top and bottom... got replacements coming from Mc Master Carr for ~$2/ea....
(had to order some other stuff from them anyhow, got some stainless bolts coming for something else I am working on while I was at it) should be here Tues...
and the belt from that motor is missing a bunch of chunks (not yet busted) but there's a new one among the goodies that came with it, who knows how old or how long it'll last.... at least I can get a size off of it before I find out.
the "eventual" issue is to replace all the wiring like the power cord, etc, as the insulation is starting to go bad.... "extension cord" like cable.

and today, went to an auction, a sad auction... the local tractor show that has happened over 4th of July weekend for 38 years, came to an end, the club that ran it sold off their trailer, tables, tents, and other associated stuff accumulated over the years, that's needed to put on such a show... infighting among the members I guess.... had tons of buttons and dash plaques there, left over from years past, on another table by the auction registration hut, free for the taking.... a few from each year that were available (not all years of the show were available) a ton from the 2018 one that never happened due to being cancelled due to rain and soggy grounds... cancelled like 2 days before that years show was supposed to happen... /only year of all of them since Day 1 that that had happened.
most of what was there, went stupidly high... especially the club's enclosed trailer (2002 model, brought dang near "new" price) and a kiddie pedal tractor pull tractor and weight sled with some weights... 8' tables (10 of them) went for nearly new price, sold "choice out/per table" went crazy high, I was wanting a couple, but winning bidder took all of them.

It's definitely quieter in there. Used to here the mail truck the block over, not hardly hear it in front of the house. Wind was blowing pretty good earlier, couldn't hear it. Warming nicely!
Kenny , will be toasty warm in winter and cooler in summer , funny how it turns out as winter is near done for y'all now , a month or so i think

Shane

Finished up the hood frame/bumper this morning. Closed the ends in, welded the hinges in place and added two screw tabs. Painted two coats and installed. Way more substantial than the original flimsy sheet metal piece. Will pretty up the hood once the weather warms.

Attachments

• 20200303_111015.jpg
    20200303_111015.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200303_111030.jpg
    20200303_111030.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200303_111118.jpg
    20200303_111118.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200303_111124.jpg
    20200303_111124.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200303_111132.jpg
    20200303_111132.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200303_114541.jpg
    20200303_114541.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200303_114551.jpg
    20200303_114551.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200303_114558_HDR.jpg
    20200303_114558_HDR.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 9
I picked up a Craftsman LT1000 for repairs this morning. I was over there yesterday and found it had a bad/wore out starter. Got it home and started the oil change/ tune-up fixes. Went to check the blades and I couldn't get them to turn 180 degrees. Got the jack out and found the deck packed full of dirt/clippings. Had to get a hammer and bar to knock it loose. Here's the mess, I would need the pressure washer to clean it down to metal.
DSCN5079.JPG DSCN5080.JPG

It had about the same mess on top of the deck, except I got those blown off.

Amazon screwed up and are not delivering the parts. Be 3-5 business days before I get a refund so I can reorder the parts! I'm pissed!!!!

Last edited:
I picked up a Craftsman LT1000 for repairs this morning. I was over there yesterday and found it had a bad/wore out starter. Got it home and started the oil change/ tune-up fixes. Went to check the blades and I couldn't get them to turn 180 degrees. Got the jack out and found the deck packed full of dirt/clippings. Had to get a hammer and bar to knock it loose. Here's the mess, I would need the pressure washer to clean it down to metal.
View attachment 23154 View attachment 23155

It had about the same mess on top of the deck, except I got those blown off.

Amazon screwed up and are not delivering the parts. Be 3-5 business days before I get a refund so I can reorder the parts! I'm pissed!!!!
Looks almost like busted up concrete!

I use the WH with the Lister-Petters a lot around the yard. Decided this winter that it has earned a new paint job. Previously the WH was a hydro but am going back to standard drive tractor. Using a C-160 this time as it has a stronger transmission. Will be using the Electro 12 dash hood and maybe some parts. This is where it is at as of last night.
20200304_152716.jpg20200305_192553.jpg20200305_192620.jpg

I use the WH with the Lister-Petters a lot around the yard. Decided this winter that it has earned a new paint job. Previously the WH was a hydro but am going back to standard drive tractor. Using a C-160 this time as it has a stronger transmission. Will be using the Electro 12 dash hood and maybe some parts. This is where it is at as of last night.
View attachment 23168View attachment 23169View attachment 23170
That is a cool tractor, Chris, looks like a tough workhorse! Please let us follow along on the rest of the build!

DAC

Installed a new starter on the Onan P220 in the 316. Kind of a pain as you have to unbolt the engine and tilt it to get the replacement accomplished. But it starts much better now.

Checked out why I was starting to get a bit of wiggle in the steering wheel on the Polaris Ranger SXS. Jacked the front enup and found the ball joints are shot. Just ordered the 2 balls joints along with the removal/install tool as a kit. I may only use the tool once but my neighbor has 4 Rangers but usually trades them off before they get to many miles on them.

Back