What are you currently working on??

Yesterday I replaced the axle bearings on the Polaris RZR 170. That went pretty easily. Also gave it a new plug, air filter and fuel filter. And then installed the new cooling fan and shroud. Put a tube in one front tire and plugged a back one. Should be ready to go for a while again.

I closed up some more of the drafts in the shop today. Got 2 sheets of the Blue Foam insulating board, 3/4" thick. Cut those to go between the 'studs'. Had enough to do the door also. It's a lot quieter in there now. I'll see how much this helps tomorrow when it's colder and I have a fire going.
DSCN5065.JPG DSCN5066.JPG DSCN5067.JPG

A little insulation goes a long way when put in the right place. It made a hugh difference when I replaced the windows and siding on the house. PUt the windows in then 1/2 foam board on a taped all the joints and around windows I doors. J channel was caulked. Only bit of cold air is at the door knob. You will have wood to sell now Kenny.

Still working at my nephew's. All the laminate floors are down and shoe mold done in the main and upstair floors besides the master bath I'm gotta redo. Working on 2nd full bath now, hope to get vanity and sink set tomorrow. Then I got to start flooring in the basement.

Cut up trees at the house this morning after the Duke Energy tree contractors got done clearing a tree off my security light, only took me 4 phone calls since Jan 15. :confused:Tree guy said electric line is only held on by a couple strands.

20200214_124947.jpg
20200220_090325.jpg

That is a neat machine. I could sure use it around here for about a week. Can you bend your knees any more after laying all the floor and shoe ? Mine hurt just thinking about it.

Been looking at different type of rakes I can use behind a GT to gather up all these darn small branches off the Hybred Willow trees. Had a lot of wind this winter and really cleaned them out of the trees and now they are laying all over on the ground. I think I am going with the 48" Agri Fab sleeve hitch rock and landscape rake. 3 point would be nice but limit me to one tractor to use it on plus another $100 for the 3 point set up. Looked at the wheel rakes too but don't think they would work with branches. Way to many places for branches to get caught in the wheel and plug things up.

I closed up some more of the drafts in the shop today. Got 2 sheets of the Blue Foam insulating board, 3/4" thick. Cut those to go between the 'studs'. Had enough to do the door also. It's a lot quieter in there now. I'll see how much this helps tomorrow when it's colder and I have a fire going.
View attachment 22787 View attachment 22788 View attachment 22789
I'd say it's at least 40% easier to heat now. Glad you're getting it so you can be more comfortable so you can get more shop time. Now you need to get a window AC unit so summer doesn't cook you. But the insulation will help keep some of the extreme heat out.

I'd say it's at least 40% easier to heat now. Glad you're getting it so you can be more comfortable so you can get more shop time. Now you need to get a window AC unit so summer doesn't cook you. But the insulation will help keep some of the extreme heat out.
Since the South wall is a tarp, AC is a 'no go'. Just start earlier in the day and retreat to the house when it gets too hot!

That is a neat machine. I could sure use it around here for about a week. Can you bend your knees any more after laying all the floor and shoe ? Mine hurt just thinking about it.

Been looking at different type of rakes I can use behind a GT to gather up all these darn small branches off the Hybred Willow trees. Had a lot of wind this winter and really cleaned them out of the trees and now they are laying all over on the ground. I think I am going with the 48" Agri Fab sleeve hitch rock and landscape rake. 3 point would be nice but limit me to one tractor to use it on plus another $100 for the 3 point set up. Looked at the wheel rakes too but don't think they would work with branches. Way to many places for branches to get caught in the wheel and plug things up.

I tried to get them to leave it for a few days LOL

My knees seem to be okay after the flooring, but going up and down the stairs are killing them.
Starting the basement flooring today, got a new laminate cutter so hopefully very little going up/down stairs to go to garage to do all the cutting.

Looking for a few things that I need for my new truck, being as how the slant 6 engine was as plentiful as termites I wouldn't have thought that an exhaust manifold would have been at all hard to find-- but it was. After appointment with the tax idiots it's back home to clean up the replacement manifold, get it bolted to the intake, and put it on while the weather is good, (back to slop Monday) tomorrow I get to go to Mom's 30 miles away and put a battery in her car

Back