What are you currently working on??

Yep, that’s the one Doug. Ya, I had my Subaru Brat jacked up and she rolled off the jack and blocks I had under it and landed on my legs and pinned me. I was by myself at the time. Luckily after a while I was able to wiggle my way out. Luckily I was not hurt bad. Some bruising. But sure opened my eyes as to how to block a lifted vehicle.

Noel
I did the same thing when I was working on the exhaust on my 68 Fairlane. Had it up on bumper jacks and pulled on tail pipe without putting my foot against the frame. It was like slow motion as it came down. I was on my side or it would not have touched me as the wheels was still on it. Hurt my left shoulder but nothing else.

Had a knock on my door this morning and it was a man I met a few years back. I had taken away a free treadmill he was offering up to re-purpose the DC motor and hack up the steel tubing. I remember at the time asking him if he had any old steel he wanted hauled away and he said no.
This morning he brought a pickup full of goodies for me. He wouldn't take anything for it.
Now I can make a weight box for my 3point. :)

Attachments

• 20200205_154642.jpg
    20200205_154642.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200205_154649.jpg
    20200205_154649.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200205_154700_HDR.jpg
    20200205_154700_HDR.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 12
Along those line, last summer I saw a guy under a mower deck scraping it out. Had a farm jack (Dangerous to start with) under the front of the mower, no blocks or suport of any kind. Guess he survived as I saw him do the same thing later on.
My first tractor was a Unival 8hp and I used to flip is right up on the back wheels and the seat-back to work on anything underneath.
I'm even dumber now.

Snapper rear engine mowers were built for that purpose as well as storage. One of the best and toughest mowers built.

Yep, that’s the one Doug. Ya, I had my Subaru Brat jacked up and she rolled off the jack and blocks I had under it and landed on my legs and pinned me. I was by myself at the time. Luckily after a while I was able to wiggle my way out. Luckily I was not hurt bad. Some bruising. But sure opened my eyes as to how to block a lifted vehicle.

Noel
Wow, Noel, to say the obvious, it's a good thing you didn't have your head under there rather than your legs! Glad no serious injuries! Last weekend I drove the '95 Camry up on the ramps a little too far and off the end. No harm to anything but it still makes you feel dumb. Had to do a quickie repair on a rusted out exhaust. I ordered the cat-foreward exhaust system from some Ontario, Canada manufacturer. Best price I found.

DAC

So a winter event coming. So I will be working on removing it on Saturday. Snow and freezing rain tomorrow and Saturday. Mostly snow tomorrow. Maybe 20 or more cm. Just enough to have to do something with it.

Noel.

aggravating the wife.... and looking for some goodies for a Slant 6..... yeah I got another truck coming tomorrow.....
The leaning tower of power! Owned a couple of them. My wife's first car was a '66 2 door sedan Valiant. 3 on the tree. I bought it for her high school graduation in 1977. No we weren't married---yet. That had a 170 slant six in it. She went to college out in Watertown after graduation and that car never let her down driving the 375 miles back and forth many times. We traded it off in 1979 for the 1972 GMC we still have.

DAC

Was there another size of the leaning tower of power. Between the 225 and 170 ??

Noel

I don't know, maybe Dodge Trucker knows. The 1977 Aspen wagon I had for a sign shop beater back in the early '90's was a 225 3 speed overdrive on the floor. Couldn't kill that one either, but the body and interior was falling apart.

DAC

The leaning tower of power! Owned a couple of them. My wife's first car was a '66 2 door sedan Valiant. 3 on the tree. I bought it for her high school graduation in 1977. No we weren't married---yet. That had a 170 slant six in it. She went to college out in Watertown after graduation and that car never let her down driving the 375 miles back and forth many times. We traded it off in 1979 for the 1972 GMC we still have.

DAC
You remember when Bob invented the wheel?

Been upgrading this computer to Linux 19.3 the last couple days! Got it going good thanks to member Ducky! Still have to put my files & pics back on yet. I'll do that later this morning.

Back