What are you currently working on??

It kinda hurt my feelings yesterday while doing some tree decorating, my wife opened an ornament box and the ball was broke. I had gotten the ornament for my Mom back in 1992 as Harry Gant was her favorite NASCAR driver. Something must have gotten set on the box and broke the ornament. Oh well we got lots of other old ones. Tonight after work I had to wrap a Christmas present for my wife. Son had a day off and we went partners on a new laptop for her. He did some research and went and got it. Her old widows 7 one is frustrating her more all the time. Even though I hate windows 10 there ain't much choice for "affordable" operating systems.

Now that I got that blade work done on the MF8E, I fired up the '55 GMC and brought it back in the shop. It sure starts a lot better with that new chinese carb on it! 33F when I started it.

DAC

Gant gone 2.JPG

Last edited:
Yea that sucks when you lose an a heirloom like that. We lost my dad's wedding ring and a 1 of a kind special made 25 yr gold ring from his work and my wife's grandma's rings when we got robbed, cant replace them.

I've been farting around with purple sears, got new air filter mounted, lower grill trimmed, and both front tires are tuned and got filled with about 2 1/2 gals of washer fluid. The predator is a lot lighter than the old Onan, she will wheelie pretty easy. PO had a tiller on the back, he said he could barely steer.

Last summer we had a real slow water drip in the basement. Finally found it - a pin hole had formed in the cold water line between the bottom of the lavatory cabinet and the house floor. Put a hose clap on it with a piece of rubber inner-tube over the hole. Started to leak again today. I have had 10 of new PEX, SS clamps, and a good PEX clamp plier that cuts and clamps with auto release. So this afternoon I replaced the line from the faucet to the T in the main line. Not to bad a job other than hard for an old fart to get at anything in a 2' square vanity. Glad I happened to have 2 - 30" supply lines in SS - auction find I think.

It kinda hurt my feelings yesterday while doing some tree decorating, my wife opened an ornament box and the ball was broke. I had gotten the ornament for my Mom back in 1992 as Harry Gant was her favorite NASCAR driver. Something must have gotten set on the box and broke the ornament. Oh well we got lots of other old ones. Tonight after work I had to wrap a Christmas present for my wife. Son had a day off and we went partners on a new laptop for her. He did some research and went and got it. Her old widows 7 one is frustrating her more all the time. Even though I hate windows 10 there ain't much choice for "affordable" operating systems.

Now that I got that blade work done on the MF8E, I fired up the '55 GMC and brought it back in the shop. It sure starts a lot better with that new chinese carb on it! 33F when I stared it.

DAC

View attachment 21123

Those old ornaments are not replaceable and it kind of hurts when one looses one. I have several of my folks ornaments as well as some her mother had. About once every 5 years or so we get the old artificial tree out, the old bubble lights that still work and the old ornaments.

Those old ornaments are not replaceable and it kind of hurts when one looses one. I have several of my folks ornaments as well as some her mother had. About once every 5 years or so we get the old artificial tree out, the old bubble lights that still work and the old ornaments.

Most of our Christmas is trying to preserve old family traditions of the season. A person tries to take care of ornaments but from time to time one gets broken. Our oldest ones are from my Dad's mother that date back to just after WWII. We used the same fake tree for 44 years, 1972-2016! Wife wanted a change and that's ok, she saved up and bought a more realistic tree but we still put the old ornaments along with new ones on it. I probably spend 3 or 4 hours getting the also early to mid 1970's lights all flashing as they should. Takes about 5 strings of lights. My sister sent me a "new old stock" string a couple weeks ago. Never know when I might need them!

DAC

When your wife sees something in IKEA and says
"You can make it work"..... don't walk, RUN away, fast!
No return for this cabinet.....how I spent my new years eve

:confused:
That looks like ton's of fun! How heavy is that sink going to be?

Looks great Marty! Never been in an Ikea yet. Might stop by the one in the Denver area sometime this year for the heck of it!

DAC

IKEA is Swedish company I think, a lot of their furniture is modern, modular stuff. We've only really bought small put together type cabinets/dresser or decorative stuff. My wife saw this sink and had to have it, didn't know I had to redesign the cabinet to get it to fit. Guess it was designed to fit their modular type cabinets. Oh well, I made it work and momma is happy.

My Cub Cadet 123's front left spindle had broken last Spring. Of course, it was while I was tilling the garden..... that was fun getting it back to the shed and into it's parking spot! Since I have owned the 123 (8-10 years??), the front end has been boogered up from the PO running in to something with it......kind of a home-made, cobbled together fix. That left spindle had been bent and formed back straight, so I'm sure it was weak.... finally snapped.

Through a local CL ad, I found a guy that sells GT parts. For $35, he got me an entire front axle with the drag links! Yesterday evening, I removed everything from the "new" axle and rebuilt mine. Now, the 123 is ready to go again! I really like using it and the #1 tiller in the garden. Well-built, heavy-duty, beautiful GT (well, except for the original fiberglass seat pan...... not so beautiful).
IMG_1874.JPG

Last edited:
Back