What are you currently working on??

I’ve tried the upside down trick. Works some times. But it would make sense to leave upside down. After using.
Heat them up is a good trick too.

Hehe. Do they have a best before date on them. I’ve never looked.
Wife throws every thing out at 12:01AM. Just drives me, it dosent become bad with in a few seconds, after midnite, that it’s no good. Jumpins.
I better get a new stamp. Or I could be next, hehe.

Noel

Still dealing with the Sears! Not only was the fuel pump leaking, but so was the connection to the tank! Put a new grommet in it. Had to pull the tank to get the fitting back and it still dribbles! Brought the Poulan tank up for it!

Several years ago I got a dark red tube of a red sealer that worked real good on gas connections. Cannot find it any more. Used it for the gromets, etc where the gas line was a friction fit. Seems like every time they make a good product the EPA makes them stop selling it.

Getting my 1994 Craftsman GT6000 ready to give to a fine young man I know who is mowing yards this summer. I never normally used the mower deck..... was a garden tool..... so I have installed new belts and am ready to mount it on the tractor and give it a try...

Last edited:
Got the Sears ready for the deck so I had to get that ready to install. First off was cleaning the bottom so the blades could turn.
DSCN4647.JPG

So time later, I had this:
DSCN4648.JPG

Filled a 5 gallon bucket. Ordered the belts as there are none around here!

Thinking about bringing the Husqvarna GTH2548 up and getting it ready to sell. It's the same machine/parts as the Sears, so I can use it to see what all is needed. I did order the deck belts and steering bushings for it along with a PTO switch that is missing. I've had it running before, so I know that part is good. Think it need tubes in the front tires, though. Not sure what else.

After unloading 240 landscape blocks from my trailer last night :eek: I worked on removing the Kohler that has a loud engine noise from the JD lawn tractor. Of course it put up a fight coming out and the mounting bolts from old motor won't work on the older replacement motor I have. Once I get new bolts, I should be able to get motor bolted in.

JD 110.jpg

Counter help is the owner Very rarely does he have someone else in there. Only parts lace in town. But O'Riley's make 2 trips a day from 30 miles away bringing parts in.

Last night I was walking by the MF12G and looked at the cutting deck for some reason---noticed cracks in the belt. It was too late to order then. Got a call from a friend at lunch that needs 50 stickers cut for a memorial to his Mom that passed away this morning. When I got home from work, I fired up the old windows 98 pc, worked up a layout and got the 28 year old vinyl cutter running! It's cutting as I type. I went to V-Belt Supply Company's website and ordered all three 1/2" belts for the 12G, all of them kevlar. Belt sizes were 31", 50" and 103". Just under 40 bucks shipped. Now I better put the deck belt back on for mowing until the new ones get here! I figured having the pto and deck drive belts as spares would be a good idea since I was making an order anyway.

DAC

DSCN1574.JPG

Last night I was walking by the MF12G and looked at the cutting deck for some reason---noticed cracks in the belt. It was too late to order then. Got a call from a friend at lunch that needs 50 stickers cut for a memorial to his Mom that passed away this morning. When I got home from work, I fired up the old windows 98 pc, worked up a layout and got the 28 year old vinyl cutter running! It's cutting as I type. I went to V-Belt Supply Company's website and ordered all three 1/2" belts for the 12G, all of them kevlar. Belt sizes were 31", 50" and 103". Just under 40 bucks shipped. Now I better put the deck belt back on for mowing until the new ones get here! I figured having the pto and deck drive belts as spares would be a good idea since I was making an order anyway.

DAC

View attachment 14656
I have seen one of those vinyl cutters and the product they produce. Made me wonder if it would be possible to cut gasket material with one. Don

That is an awesome idea, never thought of that. May not cut one but I'm sure the software involved could be adapted, but would have to be added to in order to run the cutter I'd think

Finally gonna have my Dakota that I hit the deer with back together in a couple of hours. Got the ac system on a vacuum pump right now.

Going to work on the Cub 1512 that I have been having fuel issues with lately. Talked to my diesel mechanic and he said 90% of the time when customers had this issue it ended up being something that got in the fuel tank and blocked the pickup tube. He said June Bugs are a big problem for this as hea has picked several out of fuel tanks in the past. With that in mind going to pull the tank in the morning and see what I can shake out of it.

DAC, I remember someone on a FB group doing that, cutting gaskets out on a vinyl cutter or something like that. They scanned the original gasket, then used the program to make a new one.

Worked on doing the engine swap on the JD mower, what a crock, nothing seems simple with me. Stock exhaust wont fit right, seems the new(older) motor has the studs just a bit off and motor wont bolt in if I bolt exhaust on. Also, original motor bolts are too big, had to go buy new ones, of course they were metric
The new motor exhaust wont work, totalled different design. I had to cut and grind the frame to get it all to work, also make new hole to hold lower half of muffler system.
Then I needed the 20 amp circuit and gas line out of old motor so both tins, flywheels etc all had to come off. Then bolting up pulleys, does the old bolt work...Nnnnooooo, it's too big so gotta find a longer bolt for that.
This thing has been nothing but a pain in the keister.
I also finally got the lugnuts off the boys F350. Someone replaced all the studs, they put in reverse threads, we were tightening them, instead of loosen. Kind of like my 64 Sears DB725 on the left side. Then 3 of the studs are loose, looks like old ones got wallowed out. Drum is cast but maybe I can spot weld them enough to hold them in, the other 5 are.

Had a chance to finish a project on our 1969 Ford Falcon wagon..... in it’s history of engine swaps the windshield washer system had been removed completely. It only had a generic expansion tank for the radiator. I removed that tank and installed a combination washer reservoir/radiator overflow tank that I got from a local You-Pull-It yard (it is a part that is common on Ford pickups from the 80’s to mid 90’s) and installed a washer nozzle kit. Luckily, a previous owner had tied back the washer pump connector in the engine compartment.... same connector that the new tank needed!)
Now the awesome Falcon has a windshield washer system again!
One project down, 101 to go!

5502345B-1838-468F-8388-1A2B23BD7BC0.jpeg0DA31AE4-91B8-40E2-A903-56790537281D.jpeg734C6E0A-51AD-4195-9F2B-A4477DA91EDB.jpeg

Well I got the PTO belt on the 129 and tried it out on the house behind me, a foreclosure that's starting to get overgrown. The bank has a crew come and now it occasionally, only did a small area. Mows great, gotta figure out why the deck hangs nose down so much. It's level side to side. Have an odd size front tire on the machine, would think that the front would be high instead.
On the Dakota, it's together, gotta adjust the bumper mounts a bit, either raise the pass side or lower the driver side a bit. Drives like it did before the deer got in my way.
Gonna have to order an AC hose, charged up nice and would freeze me out but as soon as I unhooked the gauges the valve stuck and it ppizzed out 2 lbs of freon in short time
It was still holding before I replaced the bent condenser, but hooking up the gauges made the low side stick open, I wish it was r12 like my fury is. At least then I could change the Schrader valve and fix it...

When we got the 09 town & country, no manual. Takes a while to find and read up on this with the downloaded manual. Found out the rear window is to have a washer. Separate switch on the left lever. But when it is activated, the front washer spray, nothing to the rear and no front wiper but the rear one wipes. I bet the line to the rear washer goes between the roof and headliner. Not sure I even want to think about fixing that.

Normally mower blades should run 1/4 - 3/8" low in front. Have to go by the blades, not the deck unless the manual says to due to the different configurations of deck shells. .

When we got the 09 town & country, no manual. Takes a while to find and read up on this with the downloaded manual. Found out the rear window is to have a washer. Separate switch on the left lever. But when it is activated, the front washer spray, nothing to the rear and no front wiper but the rear one wipes. I bet the line to the rear washer goes between the roof and headliner. Not sure I even want to think about fixing that.

Normally mower blades should run 1/4 - 3/8" low in front. Have to go by the blades, not the deck unless the manual says to due to the different configurations of deck shells. .

chieffan, I’m betting that there is a separate washer fluid tank somewhere in the rear of the van.... maybe inside one of the rear quarter panels?

Back