What are you currently working on??

The very last shreds of my patience with a cow at work...

Pretty sure boss heard me talkin to her, got pretty colourful fast after she kicked the milked off several times.

Getting things ready for the fair this Sunday. Have the EK7 is ready to get a good wash job. The EK10 need a little more work, like a shorter belt for the starter gen so the hood will close. May get by with swapping belts? Could a guy get that lucky ? ? RAM hasen't been run since last fall but am sure it will fire right off and go for a bath. Just finished up the Qt116 so it too is ready for the bath. Only taking 4 in this time around. To much work in hot weather to come back for the second load.

Last edited:
After work I had stuff to do for the flooring project in the house, but I did get out to the shop for a while too. Fired up the snowblower mainly to see if the augers and transmission work. It has to warm up well before I can throttle up and even then I have to be gentle pulling the knob. I put it in gear, it tried to die. I released the clutch for the augers, it tried to die. Then it dawned on me to squeeze the lever on the handle bar that says "control lever" on it. Then it had forward, reverse and the augers would spin! Got some tweaking to do on the throttle and choke knobs as they are still sticky but so far I think maybe 40 bucks was a fair deal after all.

DAC

Posted Today, 08:59 PM

Pulled the failed pulley off the powerflow today. Was thinking about taking it to town tomorrow and buying it a new bearing. Not that easy. The pulley design makes replacing the bearing near impossible. Now I am thinking I will have to cut the hub on one side so I can push the bearing out from the other side. Find a new bearing to press in and then weld the cut off part of the hub back in place. Probably not going to happen fast. Don

Well progress has been made. Removed the bearing from the pulley so when I take the wife in to therapy tomorrow I will be able to look for a new bearing. Apparently it is not going to be as bad as I thought. Making mountains out of mole hills again. Don

Fixed a JD LA145 yesterday. Owner had put two deck belts on that promptly broke. Took it to JD to fix. They wanted $1400 to repair the thing. He brought it to me. I put a new belt on correctly and it works just fine. Can't see where they got their figures from, nothing serious looked wrong to me. I even mowed with it some just to make sure. It has around 180 hours on it. Owner is coming after it today!

Sounds like a typical JD dealer. I mounted the engine cover on the EK 10 yesterday. It has been broke and sprung when I got the unit, had the brakes & cracks welded up. When I mounted the hings the hood would contact the starter pulley. Had to make a couple short risers to colt to the tractor and mount the cover to them. Raised the hood about 2" at the back and ahead about 3/4". Hood works fine now, with a chain to stop it from going to far. Wash it up and ready for the fair Sunday.

Not used to 90+degrees! I had inside work for the most part at work but when I came home I did a couple inside chores then went out to spray weeds. It hasn't been getting done often as it was so wet. Worked up a pretty good sweat! Not complaining at all!

DAC

I pressed the new bearing $4.95 in with some locktight. Going to put it back together in the morning and see if that flies. If the locktight doesn't hold I will spot weld the flange back in. Just afraid of the heat near the seals. Don

Finally got the deflector for the Husky mower. Goes to it new home tomorrow. Got the JD 112 fired off. Found out the 'new' lift switch isn't working again! :mad: I ordered another as I plan to sell this or part it out!

I pressed the new bearing $4.95 in with some locktight. Going to put it back together in the morning and see if that flies. If the locktight doesn't hold I will spot weld the flange back in. Just afraid of the heat near the seals. Don

Several years ago a bearing siezed up on an A/C compressor clutch in an old Camry we have. It damaged the snap ring groove and the shaft it rides on. I was too cheap to dump the freon and buy a new compressor and charge it again. i ordered a new bearing and used J-B weld to build up the shaft and beef up the snap ring groove. It's still working fine! Maybe that would help hold the bearing in if the Locktite doesn't work rather than heating the bearing and seal with welding.

DAC

Just delivered the Husqvarna and collected my $. Now to deal with some of my stuff! I put a battery in the #1 FF/20 and got it running again. Been a while for it. Cleaned up the area where it and the 112 were sitting. Need to go out back and rearrange a few things.

Loaded the QT16, then the RAM cross wise behind it. The the two EK's side by side. All 4 strapped forward. Ready to head out in the morning around 8:30 or so. Short drive of 10 miles but first 1.25 miles is a freshly graded dirt road. Things will get a bit dusty.

Nice shed, Chris!

I got both belts on Friday. Fixed the Iseki front deck mower and mowed the big areas Friday night.
Fixed the Simplicity ztr this morning, then did around all the trees.
My idler arm for the pulley setup on the Bolens was causing a rubbing situation, so I welded in a hold down bracket. I think I finally have the Iseki built Bolens and the Snapper ztr deck mounted on the front of it playing together nicely.

Did a good once over on wife's Jeep Liberty last Thursday, oil change, plugs, fluids, complete rear brakes. Found it needs upper control arms/ ball joints and tie rod ends too along with a muffler, about $300 for parts, ugh.

Picked this little baby up yesterday, friends of the family bought it new in 2001, has 166k on it, stuck in 5th gear. They were done with it and gave it to me...FREE! It seems the rubber bushing in the shifter assembly dry, crack and fall out, so much slop, the shifter cables fall off shifter. I was able to manually put in gear and drive on trailers. Repair parts run about $70. My wife has already claimed it. Thinking if doing a Herbie paint job using plastidip.

20190714_072944.jpg
20190714_073135.jpg

Back