What are you currently working on??

Your cucumbers really sound good. Never had them with onions and vinegar.

Here too but for some reason I just can't stay in the house. This is the first year in a long time that I've worn shorts outside but they sure make a difference. I've got white chicken legs but at least they aren't sweaty.

Chris, you don't know what you've been missing with the cucs, onions, and vinegar... Some add some sugar to the mix. Chill it, and it make a really nice mix.

I can also relate to the legs.... :eek:

These are all burpless cucs. Only ones we plant any more. Raise our own onions too, red ones are the best with cuc slices as they are stouter.

I will wear shorts when in the house messing around but not outside. Lot hotter to have the sun bearing down on the bare legs than having them protected. Don't like a fan blowing on my bear legs either as they get cold quick. To each his own I guess but I never did like wearing shorts outside. You shorts lover, ever load small squares on a rack with shorts on? Don't work very good if you use your knee to toss that bail up on the 4th & 5th layer.

Haven't worn shorts in years and not for many many years before that. I'm fair complected but for some reason the sun hasn't bothered my legs at all and they are still white. Maybe so white that they reflect the sunlight. :eek:

Working on the last room of the flooring project. They will be here Monday to finish. Since they got other rooms done we had somewhere to put junk from this room. No help this afternoon since my wife had a Church camp to go to, son at work. At least in this room I am able to throw stuff out the window right into the son's pickup.

DAC

DSCN1601.JPGDSCN1602.JPGDSCN1603.JPGDSCN1604.JPG

I never wear shorts (at least the kind you guys are talking about), nobody wants to see my ugly legs!

Not a garden tractor, but this is what I've been working on the last 4 days. The Maple tree had raised the corner of it, so I decided the best way to go was to replace the old decking, allowing me to raise the frame while I was at it.

Pictures 2019 035.JPG

Pictures 2019 036.JPG

Pictures 2019 037.JPG

$400+ in lumber, screws & bolts: Pictures 2019 038.JPG

Pictures 2019 039.JPG

Project finished, except for a little router work around some edges: Pictures 2019 040.JPG

Dottie thinks it's her squirrel watching platform: Pictures 2019 042.JPG

Sealed and primed the end basement wall. Had a few cracks and imperfections to fill with clear caulk first. Finished up this morning so hopefully ready for the rest of the work in a week.

Workin on a twisted tea waiting for supper at the local watering hole...

Then back to work, fire up the wash for milking machines and pipeline. Previous owner installed a piddly little tank for the milkhouse to run off of... washing machines, hose for cleaning, hot water tank.

Then I gotta feed another cart of tmr, gotta keep them cows happy.

Probably gonna have to deal with lots of broken stuff, equipment not working... boss, his brother who also farms are on vacation same week so it’s me and my bosss dad holding down the fort on 2 farms

When the floor is done and the pool table is back in position, the fun of leveling it again. Will have the same with mine going back on the same carpet. I use a large piece of glass, about 30" X 36" and a marble to level mine. Works fairly ease that way, much better than a level.

Just some fresh cold cucumber slices with a sprinkle of salt sounds really good. Mmmmmmmm!

That is the way the daughter likes them also. Haven't got the granddaughter to try them with vinegar yet. She don't like onions period. She loves a dollar bill and I can get her to try different item by giving her a dollar just to try. She likes her cor or peas on top of her mashed potatoes like Grandpa to. Guess she has got some looks when she dumps the bowl of veggies on top of her mashed potatoes.

Son came over yesterday to get his daughter's AC checked in her Escape and I added a can of freon. Then we got the windows put in the new shed.

Roger you know the peas stay on the knife better when you add them to the mashed taters.

Son came over yesterday to get his daughter's AC checked in her Escape and I added a can of freon. Then we got the windows put in the new shed.

Roger you know the peas stay on the knife better when you add them to the mashed taters.
Takes a little sticky stuff to keep them from rolling around.

The flooring is done, but lots of work to do on our part to put the house back to "normal"---LOL! I did some baseboard but it was so nice outside I had to mow and trim.

Good tip Roger, I'll dig around and see if I have any glass that big.

DAC

IMG_0093.JPG

The flooring is done, but lots of work to do on our part to put the house back to "normal"---LOL! I did some baseboard but it was so nice outside I had to mow and trim.

Good tip Roger, I'll dig around and see if I have any glass that big.

DAC

View attachment 15727
Go to an rv shop and pick up a bullseye level for a couple of bucks. Used with the plate of glass makes things easy. Just like the pros .lol

Go to an rv shop and pick up a bullseye level for a couple of bucks. Used with the plate of glass makes things easy. Just like the pros .lol

To muich error looking at a bulls eye level as hard to get directely over the top center of it.. That glass marble on a sheet of glass is dead on accurate.

Back