What are you currently working on??

This injection was to determine if those nerves was what was actually causing the pain. Was only meant to be for a couple hours. Go back for another one in 2 weeks. If that one works out good the next step is the permanent fix of burning the nerves. I have had 3 round of the steroid shot and they basically do nothing anymore.

Water leak is fixed. Love the new shark bite connectors for PEX. Quick and very $$$. I have the crimp tools and rings to any thing out in the open will use them. Hard to get a crimp up on a lavatory fitting.

The weather was great today, so I started rounding up scrap metal to take to the recyclers. I was hopeful to be able to get it hauled there Monday, but I've still got plenty more to get including a couple of truck engine blocks, a sbc and a inline six. Tomorrow, even though our 43rd anniversary was last Thursday, tomorrow will be the first day since last Tuesday we will actually see each other awake---LOL! Our work scheduIes are pretty much opposite. I plan on taking her for a drive in the hills maybe over to Wyoming side of the Black Hills and back home. Back when we were young, driving was our next favorite thing to do besides being at the race track. Sounds like it will be another beautiful day! May not be on tomorrow.

DAC

DSCN3780.JPG DSCN3781.JPG

The weather was great today, so I started rounding up scrap metal to take to the recyclers. I was hopeful to be able to get it hauled there Monday, but I've still got plenty more to get including a couple of truck engine blocks, a sbc and a inline six. Tomorrow, even though our 43rd anniversary was last Thursday, tomorrow will be the first day since last Tuesday we will actually see each other awake---LOL! Our work scheduIes are pretty much opposite. I plan on taking her for a drive in the hills maybe over to Wyoming side of the Black Hills and back home. Back when we were young, driving was our next favorite thing to do besides being at the race track. Sounds like it will be another beautiful day! May not be on tomorrow.

DAC

View attachment 43659 View attachment 43660
Have you been to Devils Tower Doug? Been there twice, once in the late 90's and when I was out there a couple years ago. It's a nice place to see.

Clean up the garage day here, potatoes are done, wood is done and grass cutting is all caught up. Maybe or maybe not one more cut in two weeks time. Will see. Stuff all around garage so it’s time to put effort into clean up. Put the snow thrower on the JD 140H3 today, hopefully. And starting on fixing up the snow caster thrower for the Case 446. It’s getting a quick paint job too. This one will be a 10 foot paint job. Stand back and look 10’ away, it won’t look to bad. The tractor it’s going on is a 7.5 footer paint job. Any way, have a good day members.

Noel

Just finished preping another big crock pot full of apples for apple sauce. Probably the last batch as the ones on the tree have been frost bit and the ones in the basement are getting soft. Goat feed. Heading to clean up after the guys cleaned up my scrap pile, then on to the garden. Will hit is all with the weed burner.

So my day didn’t got quite as planned. But got some stuff done. Tomorrow is gunna be another garage day. Maybe get the thrower on the JD. A few little parts painted for the Case snow caster. May have to have a little heat on tomorrow.

Noel

Don't ever change a radiator in a new Beetle. The whole front end has to be removed to access the radiator mounting bolts....which are in the front.
Also, the fenders attach to front bumper cover with hidden fasteners, can't get to them unless you remove them with the front cover. :mad::mad:
I've had cracked radiator, but never seen one blow a hole in it.

20211017_183412.jpg
20211017_183422.jpg

Don't ever change a radiator in a new Beetle. The whole front end has to be removed to access the radiator mounting bolts....which are in the front.
Also, the fenders attach to front bumper cover with hidden fasteners, can't get to them unless you remove them with the front cover. :mad::mad:

View attachment 43784
View attachment 43785
Holy crap, Marty, I assume that's the freebie bug you got quite a while back now? That first pic looks like you were in a head-on crash! Hope you get some luck putting it all back together!

DAC

View attachment 43784
View attachment 43785
Holy crap!

Back