What are you currently working on??

I managed to salvage the electric lift cylinder off of a Bruno mobility scooter lift. Don't know yet what I'll do with it.
26" center to center on the mounting holes, and it extends 18". Weight capacity was listed at 350 pounds.
I always get a laugh out of "Rickedy", Rick! Great looking tractors. Nice score on that lift!

DAC

Drained the Case 224 transaxle today, that was past due. Lots of moisture mixed into the oil. Got new 80-90W dumped in. Drove it around a bit.

I did mine too Kenny a while ago. Wanted to see if any water in it after setting out side and not used for 5 years or so. But. I can’t remember if there was any water in it. And can’t remember what I put back in. Was 80w-90 or 15w-40. Hehe. Calls for either I think. Soon time to put me self in a home. ! Never did check the Case 446. Ahh, some day I’ll remember.

Noel

THIS POST WAS FROM MONDAY! I FORGOT TO HIT THE POST BUTTON UNTIL TODAY---LOL!

Got nothing done until afternoon. Was waiting around in the house waiting for a call-back from the IRS! They keep sending us letters that we owe them, but we paid it quite a while back! Finally got it straightened out (I hope)!

Wife had a Dr. appointment and came home with bad news. Diabetic. Has to give herself shots once a week. Don't know what that will cost yet. Sounds like it may be free for a year. I go on call tomorrow so took the '06 Denali into town for fuel and a wash then grabbed lunch in town.

Gas prices actually went down a dime since the last time I fueled up, $3.38 per gallon!

Messed with the tarp for the MF1450 and got those caps off of the steering wheel knobs. Had to take an exacto razor saw and cut a little notch in the black plastic to get a thin screwdriver in there to pry the cap off. Not threaded! Didn't tear them up too bad. Guess I'll cut some stickers for them but I got another sticker order for a customer so the cutter was busy working on that for a couple hours this afternoon.

DAC

DSCN3871.JPG

Last edited:
I do not miss that on call time one bit. The last 10 years I was working I lived with a pager &/or portable radio. Even when "off" and out fishing I would get paged once in a while so I put a radio in the boat as the portable would not reach dispatch most of the time.

Last edited:
I do not miss that one call time one bit. The last 10 years I was working I lived with a pager &/or portable radio. Even when "off" and out fishing I would get paged once in a while so I put a radio in the boat as the portable would not reach dispatch most of the time.
I don't like it either, Roger, but this one will pay much better than normal since there's a couple of holidays in it! Good timing to have a fat paycheck with Christmas coming!

DAC

THIS POST WAS FROM MONDAY! I FORGOT TO HIT THE POST BUTTON UNTIL TODAY---LOL!

Hehe. We could both end up in a home soon Doug. Hehe.

Sad news about Mrs Doug. Hope fully she gets along all right.

And sad news about your being on call. Jumpins do get me started on that !!!! Hope fully you’ll miss the Xmas on call.

Well alright then, a little rant, I remember a fella I worked with, figured that I should be on call at Xmas. He was to be on call for Xmas and figured because I was not married and had no children that I should be on call. He made quite a stink about it. I was not on call that year. There now, little rant over.

Noel

I had 2 other working for me and we rotated the 3 major hoildays, Thanksgiving, Chreistmas and New Years. Worked the day and night before as well as the holiday and night. Mostly on call during the day but had to be ready to roll on a moments notice. No extra pay for holiday or on call. Was just part of the job.

I did mine too Kenny a while ago. Wanted to see if any water in it after setting out side and not used for 5 years or so. But. I can’t remember if there was any water in it. And can’t remember what I put back in. Was 80w-90 or 15w-40. Hehe. Calls for either I think. Soon time to put me self in a home. ! Never did check the Case 446. Ahh, some day I’ll remember.

Noel
This came out like a shake, so I know it had some moisture in it.

Got my one minibike frame back from powder coat. It turned out good. I need to snap some pictures. It's going to be too pretty to ride. Guy charged me a 100 bucks to sand blast and powder coat. Frame, 2 fenders, blower housing and handle bars.

I think I am going to tear down our old reliable cub 128 and have it all powder coated and do a full restoration. He said 300 to do fender pan, frame, front axle, deck and hood. He has colors pretty close to the original. Tractor deserves to be pampered after 48 years of use!

Hehe. We could both end up in a home soon Doug. Hehe.

Sad news about Mrs Doug. Hope fully she gets along all right.

And sad news about your being on call. Jumpins do get me started on that !!!! Hope fully you’ll miss the Xmas on call.

Well alright then, a little rant, I remember a fella I worked with, figured that I should be on call at Xmas. He was to be on call for Xmas and figured because I was not married and had no children that I should be on call. He made quite a stink about it. I was not on call that year. There now, little rant over.

Noel
Noel, you are so right! Funny farm or a "home", that's about it for us---LOL!

They had just put my wife, Loree, on one of those cpap machines a couple weeks ago, then she gets the news about diabetes. She kinda got a double whammy there. I have no trouble sleeping when her cpap is running and it has seemed to help her sleep better. Hope the shots help the diabetes too.

The on call is already getting on my nerves! only been one full night and been called back twice! Our on call is scheduled in a particular order so no one is left out. We have one guy that doesn't take on call anymore, but someone (not me!) is always willing to take it for him. This will be the last on call for me this year as it comes around every 9 weeks. Must have been a long time ago when that guy was trying to dump his responsibility of on call on you since you have grandkids now! Sounds like he chose the wrong profession! Like I have said before, I don't have to deal with customers at least. Just junk equipment that just keeps getting cobbled along is what I have to work with.

DAC

They had just put my wife, Loree, on one of those cpap machines a couple weeks ago,
Doug I hope Loree gets along as good as I do with her CPAP machine. It totally changed my sleeping and how I feel during the day. For years I craved sleep and just thought it was normal. If she isn't comfortable with her mask try different ones. My third try got it right and can't imagine sleeping without it now.

Doug I hope Loree gets along as good as I do with her CPAP machine. It totally changed my sleeping and how I feel during the day. For years I craved sleep and just thought it was normal. If she isn't comfortable with her mask try different ones. My third try got it right and can't imagine sleeping without it now.
Thank-you for the info, Chris! She does seem a little frustrated with the comfort of the mask, but once she falls asleep she doesn't wake up until the alarm goes off. I'll let her know there are other masks out there besides the first one she got!

I'm glad it has made such a big difference in the quality of the sleep you get!

DAC

Tell her to talk to whoever supplied her cpap about other options. The first mask they fitted me with was a total flop and I still slept better. Have her describe what it is that's bother her.
I will do that Chris! She doesn't get home from work until 11 tonight but I think she has tomorrow off for Thanksgiving! I have to work 3-4 hours in the morning. We don't see each other awake very often!

DAC

Back